PDA

View Full Version : AR question

War
04-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Would you use the AR to catch pokemon not available in your current game? Would you use it to get a crap load of $?......Would you use it to......?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-10-2010, 04:59 AM
Nah. It's not fun if you can get anything you want by pressing a few buttons. The only time I see it being reasonable is to get event-only Pokemon if there was no other possible way for you to get them. However, I still wouldn't do that personally as I like having a hack-free game, not to mention the possibility of messing up the game if you use the codes incorrectly. =)

Judgmental Arceus
04-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Would you use the AR to catch pokemon not available in your current game? Would you use it to get a crap load of $?......Would you use it to......?
Depending on the situation. If I were to get event-only pokemon and exclusive pokemon that I don't feel like hunting for, then yes. To quickly raise all my pokemon to level 100, also yes. To beat the game, no. To be able to buy anything to my interest, yes.
Nah. It's not fun if you can get anything you want by pressing a few buttons. The only time I see it being reasonable is to get event-only Pokemon if there was no other possible way for you to get them. However, I still wouldn't do that personally as I like having a hack-free game, not to mention the possibility of messing up the game if you use the codes incorrectly. =)

The myth has risen its ugly head again. The only times where the hacks will completely ruin your game are when you get yourself stuck somewhere with the walk-through-walls cheat or if you catch a dangerous glitch pokemon.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-10-2010, 05:32 AM
The only times where the hacks will completely ruin your game are when you get yourself stuck somewhere with the walk-through-walls cheat or if you catch a dangerous glitch pokemon.
Exactly. XD It's a possiblility, which is what I was saying. =3

Flan
04-10-2010, 06:09 AM
I use my AR moderately, as in cloning, max BP/money and IV checking.
I do like challenges, of course, but they allow me to do things quickly and more efficiently. It's no fun when you're constantly hassling over minor things.

War
04-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Cool....i have a problem with using an AR (only used a gameshark years ago). but i guess it makes sense to use it ONLY for event-only pkmn...thats helps a lot.....Great!