PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Stadium Help

Trailmaster
04-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I need to beat the Elite Four at the tower. How?

Flan
04-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I need to beat the Elite Four at the tower. How?

Build a good team. I would recommend that you use a team from your R/B/Y cartridges, although you might not have access to a Transfer Pak. If you do, definitely use Mewtwo (will win you most of your battles) and whatever strong Pokemon you may have in your games.
Some good rental Pokemon to use would be Articuno, Exeggutor, Mr Mime/Kadabra/Jynx, Gengar and Poliwrath. They have some of the better movesets, but just be aware that it still might be tough for you if you only plan on using rentals.

I probably may run through the E4 again and test some of these guys. I haven't played my N64 for a while anyway

If you use Mewtwo, a good moveset for him would be:
- Amnesia
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

For mine, I just tacked on Thunderbolt in replace of Amnesia, but either moveset works. You'll sweep with him regardless of Tbolt.

EDIT: My playthrough went alright, with a rental team of Gengar, Kadabra, Jynx, Articuno, Exeggutor and Poliwrath.
I went against Lorelei with Gengar, Exeggutor and Kadabra. She brought out her Slowbro, which loves to spam T-wave, btw. That was the extent of my troubles, and she was fairly easy to beat by using Gengar's Tbolt and Exeggutor's Mega Drain.

Bruno was easy to beat, with Kadabra, Articuno and Jynx. I had Kadabra as a lead and OHKOd the entire team using Psybeam.

Agatha was a little tougher (Kadabra, Jynx, Gengar), she took out my Kadabra the first chance she got. I spammed Psychic with Jynx, however, and took down her entire team.

Now, for Lance, I put Gengar, Articuno and Exeggutor against him. Beware of Dragonair, which loves to paralyze you with Thunder Wave and Wrap you. It was probably the biggest nuisance on his team, though Articuno took it out when I had the chance. The other Pokemon he used were Lapras and Gyarados, which were relatively easy to KO with Thunderbolt. Not too hard, aside from Dragonair.

For the final fight against Blue/Gary/Rival, I used Gengar, Exeggutor and Kadabra. He took out his Clefable, which I took down easily using Hypnosis and spamming Dream Eater and Thunderbolt. Next, his Exeggutor was sent out, and I put it to sleep and switched to Kadabra. I paralyzed it and it OHKOd me with Double-Hit, so I took out my Exeggutor. It got Toxic'd and slowly died, though I brought the opponent's HP down by a lot by spamming Egg Bomb. My last Pokemon, Gengar, confused it and the Exeggutor killed itself. Next up was Ninetales, which Flamethrowered me to death.

I lost. So, this team will take you far enough, and maybe with a bit of luck, you'll win. xD You should probably use Articuno in the last match against Rival though, since Exeggutor was my biggest plight. Of course, not all the opponent teams will be exactly the same, as they have a team of six to choose from, so your experience may be a bit different from mine.

Trailmaster
04-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Build a good team. I would recommend that you use a team from your R/B/Y cartridges, although you might not have access to a Transfer Pak. If you do, definitely use Mewtwo (will win you most of your battles) and whatever strong Pokemon you may have in your games.
Some good rental Pokemon to use would be Articuno, Exeggutor, Mr Mime/Kadabra/Jynx, Gengar and Poliwrath. They have some of the better movesets, but just be aware that it still might be tough for you if you only plan on using rentals.

I probably may run through the E4 again and test some of these guys. I haven't played my N64 for a while anyway

If you use Mewtwo, a good moveset for him would be:
- Amnesia
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

For mine, I just tacked on Thunderbolt in replace of Amnesia, but either moveset works. You'll sweep with him regardless of Tbolt.

EDIT: My playthrough went alright, with a rental team of Gengar, Kadabra, Jynx, Articuno, Exeggutor and Poliwrath.
I went against Lorelei with Gengar, Exeggutor and Kadabra. She brought out her Slowbro, which loves to spam T-wave, btw. That was the extent of my troubles, and she was fairly easy to beat by using Gengar's Tbolt and Exeggutor's Mega Drain.

Bruno was easy to beat, with Kadabra, Articuno and Jynx. I had Kadabra as a lead and OHKOd the entire team using Psybeam.

Agatha was a little tougher (Kadabra, Jynx, Gengar), she took out my Kadabra the first chance she got. I spammed Psychic with Jynx, however, and took down her entire team.

Now, for Lance, I put Gengar, Articuno and Exeggutor against him. Beware of Dragonair, which loves to paralyze you with Thunder Wave and Wrap you. It was probably the biggest nuisance on his team, though Articuno took it out when I had the chance. The other Pokemon he used were Lapras and Gyarados, which were relatively easy to KO with Thunderbolt. Not too hard, aside from Dragonair.

For the final fight against Blue/Gary/Rival, I used Gengar, Exeggutor and Kadabra. He took out his Clefable, which I took down easily using Hypnosis and spamming Dream Eater and Thunderbolt. Next, his Exeggutor was sent out, and I put it to sleep and switched to Kadabra. I paralyzed it and it OHKOd me with Double-Hit, so I took out my Exeggutor. It got Toxic'd and slowly died, though I brought the opponent's HP down by a lot by spamming Egg Bomb. My last Pokemon, Gengar, confused it and the Exeggutor killed itself. Next up was Ninetales, which Flamethrowered me to death.

I lost. So, this team will take you far enough, and maybe with a bit of luck, you'll win. xD You should probably use Articuno in the last match against Rival though, since Exeggutor was my biggest plight. Of course, not all the opponent teams will be exactly the same, as they have a team of six to choose from, so your experience may be a bit different from mine.
So in red, that is my name, so the missingno glitch yeilds mewtwo, so I caught 3. And I will rare candy up an articuno and venasaur or electrobuzz. Anything else? I can also do carbos and stuff

Flan
04-12-2010, 02:26 AM
So in red, that is my name, so the missingno glitch yeilds mewtwo, so I caught 3. And I will rare candy up an articuno and venasaur or electrobuzz. Anything else? I can also do carbos and stuff

Alright, good, use the better Mewtwo (stats wise) out of the trio. I don't think you can use the same Pokemon twice in teams.

Oh, and by the way, avoid using Rare Candies to level it up because it actually makes the Pokemon much weaker in the end. In R/B/Y, Pokemon get stats by fighting others, so if you just Rare Candy them up, their stats will be at the worst they can be. You can use it for a couple levels, but just try to stay away from relying on them. It's tempting, but not good.

If you already leveled your Pokes up to 100, you can still gain stats by fighting a crapload, depositing them in a box and then withdrawing them. It works that way because the game refreshes itself every time you deposit or withdraw, so the stats go up accordingly. There's a solution to every problem. ;]

And yeah, vitamins will help a lot as well. You should probably do that a whole bunch, but make sure it's on the appropriate stats (no ATK on Mewtwo or something).

Another Pokemon I would seriously recommend is Gengar or Alakazam, they're fast, powerful and will also help you tons. I'd consider them a second Mewtwo almost. But it's totally up to you. Mewtwo and what you suggested already should be enough as long as you get them good movesets and make 'em strong.

Trailmaster
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Alright, good, use the better Mewtwo (stats wise) out of the trio. I don't think you can use the same Pokemon twice in teams.

Oh, and by the way, avoid using Rare Candies to level it up because it actually makes the Pokemon much weaker in the end. In R/B/Y, Pokemon get stats by fighting others, so if you just Rare Candy them up, their stats will be at the worst they can be. You can use it for a couple levels, but just try to stay away from relying on them. It's tempting, but not good.

If you already leveled your Pokes up to 100, you can still gain stats by fighting a crapload, depositing them in a box and then withdrawing them. It works that way because the game refreshes itself every time you deposit or withdraw, so the stats go up accordingly. There's a solution to every problem. ;]

And yeah, vitamins will help a lot as well. You should probably do that a whole bunch, but make sure it's on the appropriate stats (no ATK on Mewtwo or something).

Another Pokemon I would seriously recommend is Gengar or Alakazam, they're fast, powerful and will also help you tons. I'd consider them a second Mewtwo almost. But it's totally up to you. Mewtwo and what you suggested already should be enough as long as you get them good movesets and make 'em strong.
Advantages of missingno. Cheap Carbos, Iron, HP-UP, Calcium, and the last one. Haha. But that will help. Why do the stats go up though? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense but whatever. Or maybe my yellow Pikachu. I really want a surfing one

Flan
04-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Advantages of missingno. Cheap Carbos, Iron, HP-UP, Calcium, and the last one. Haha. But that will help. Why do the stats go up though? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense but whatever. Or maybe my yellow Pikachu. I really want a surfing one

Yep, abuse it as much as you can without killing your game. xD
The box refreshes the Pokemon's stats every time you withdraw or deposit it. Or at least, something like that.

And anyway, tell me if you need help with Stadium. I can give you some more advice, considering I've done this whole shebang before.

SelahJadenCaldwell
04-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Pokémon Stadium, or Pokémon Stadium 2 in Japan, is an RPG-styled strategy game developed by Nintendo EAD with the assistance of Creatures and HAL Laboratory and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 64 video game console. It was released on April 30, 1999 in Japan, February 29, 2000 in North America, and December 31, 2000 in Europe. Though known in the United States and Europe as Pokémon Stadium the game itself is actually a sequel to a Japan-exclusive title released in 1998.