PDA

View Full Version : GoogleBot?

Alakazam
08-02-2005, 02:08 AM
I run a proboards pokemon forum (I started it during the dark days that PE2K shut down with the hopes of being a part of PC), and when I was on the board yesterday, I noticed that there was a guest online.

I clicked on the link, and it told me that the name of the user was "GoogleBot" Does anyone know what it is, or what it does? I'm just kinda curious, as I've not come across this before.

Neospy
08-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Edit: "The indexing is performed by a program named Googlebot, which periodically requests new copies of web pages it already knows about. The more often a page updates, the more often Googlebot will visit. The links in these pages are examined to discover new pages to be added to its internal database of the web. This index database and web page cache is several terabytes in size. Google has developed its own file system called Google File System for storing all this data."

-Thanks to http://www.wikipedia.com . So, google is indexing and archiving your site!

>Neospy :cool:

Yggdrasill
08-20-2005, 05:45 PM
I think bot's just add your webpage to google or any search engine, there's also yahoobot and Msnbot.

lalala
10-20-2005, 12:24 AM
I've had Googlebot on my forum when it first started. But now its gone and never coming back... RIP googlebot, the only guest ever on my forum... (link in sig)

The Ishy
10-30-2005, 07:56 PM
I've had Googlebot on my forum when it first started. But now its gone and never coming back... RIP googlebot, the only guest ever on my forum... (link in sig)
Update your forum, and Googlebot'll come back.