PDA

View Full Version : Scyther or Yanma?

Giratina Ftw
04-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi everyone,

On Pokemon Platinum, I have a choice of Yanma or Scyther. Can I get ur opinions on them please? Thanks,

-Giratina Ftw

P.S: Any messages like "theyre both rubbish" will be ignored. So don't waste your time doing things like that :wink:

Calypso
04-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Ehh, well it depends on what your team requires more really. Assuming you're evolving them, Yanmega is better as a Special Sweeper, whereas Scizor is stronger on the Physical side. However, if we're just taking into account base forms, then Scyther's much better.

Judgmental Arceus
04-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Ehh, well it depends on what your team requires more really. Assuming you're evolving them, Yanmega is better as a Special Sweeper, whereas Scizor is stronger on the Physical side. However, if we're just taking into account base forms, then Scyther's much better.

I whole-heartedly agree with this, however if you were looking for something to evolve without the hassle of trading and finding a metal coat, then get Yanmega.

pokemonfanboy2000
04-16-2010, 02:48 PM
depends on what you need it for competitive battling or just in game if you were to say competitive battling i would say stick with the scyther and evolve it at the right time so you scizor will have the moves Bullet punch u-turn/bug bite pursuit/night slash superpower
but ingame it doesnt really matter that much.

Dartz
05-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Take Scyther , Its Better Than Yanma

Quiet Camerupt
05-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Scyther looks much better and performs more effectively imo.

Masami
05-18-2010, 07:30 AM
They perform two very differant purposes.

Yanmega is used as a very fast special sweeper, it has a very impressive bass SpATk of 364. After the first turn, possibly using detect. Ninjask is the only pokemon in the game that can outspeed it, other than by the effects of swift swim or cholorphyll. (+ if the opponant used Agility) It is good for taking down Psychic, Ghost, Dark and Grass pokemon with some added capabilities.

Scizor, no explination is really required, it's possibly the best physical sweeper in the game. It learns Swords Dance by level up, a massive 130 bass attack, only one type is SE on it and 9 types only do 1/2 or 1/4 damage. It has a bulky 100 bass defence. It's a STAB +1 Priority 60 Power move (Bullet Punch with Technician). To cure its horrible speed it also learns Agility by level up. Once setup it can take out almost anything.

There's my quick rating of both pokeMANZ, hope I helped.

Kamoosekazi
05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
from what I understand Scizor is one of the best and most feared physical sweepers in the game.