PDA

View Full Version : Pokesav Pokemon - Legal?

Elite Dialga
04-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Hi, I know Pokemon obtained from a pokesave are legal as long as they're stats are in legal bounds, I just wanted to ask if any pokemon obtained through a pokesave with maxed IV's (i.e. 31) is legal? because its base stats and stat growth is normal, so I think having maxed IV's won't hurt would it? Thanks

Calypso
04-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Well, if you want to make them as legal and as similar to something that was caught in the game as possible, then I'd suggest that you only max out the stats the Pokemon really require, (i.e a Special Sweeper needs Special Attack and Speed, and perhaps HP) since receiving Pokemon with maxed IV's ingame is pretty much impossible. However, I wouldn't think people would bother too much, as say, 255 EV's in every stat.

Finch
04-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, if you want to make them as legal and as similar to something that was caught in the game as possible, then I'd suggest that you only max out the stats the Pokemon really require, (i.e a Special Sweeper needs Special Attack and Speed, and perhaps HP) since receiving Pokemon with maxed IV's ingame is pretty much impossible. However, I wouldn't think people would bother too much, as say, 255 EV's in every stat.
Well I dunno, I have some legitimately bred Pokemon with IV's full across the board. Not many, mind you. It's just a question of manipulating the game mechanics, like with chaining the radar for shinies...

In which case, if you MUST PokeSav then there's actually no problem maxing them all, from a legal point of view. But like Calypso said, don't do anything stupid on top of that, with EV's and the like.

Elite Dialga
04-24-2010, 05:58 PM
Well I dunno, I have some legitimately bred Pokemon with IV's full across the board. Not many, mind you. It's just a question of manipulating the game mechanics, like with chaining the radar for shinies...

In which case, if you MUST PokeSav then there's actually no problem maxing them all, from a legal point of view. But like Calypso said, don't do anything stupid on top of that, with EV's and the like.

Alright, I have a Groudon, no EVs spread, with MAX IVs in all stats, its perfectly legitimate right?

Starkipraggy
04-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Alright, I have a Groudon, no EVs spread, with MAX IVs in all stats, its perfectly legitimate right?
Don't forget to set-up the location where it's caught, the Level you encountered it, get a good Nature then feed in the correct PID, and make sure you catch it using a buyable Pokeball. Most importantly, give it a trainer ID.

If you're going to make it look legit, go all the way so you can actually use it in tourneys. :3

War
04-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Whats is Pokesave?

So a pokemon with max stats all the way is illegal?
For example:
Dragonite with Att: 350, Def: 350, Spec.Att: 350, Spec. D: 350, and Speed: 350 (I know these aren't right)......................

scubasteveE
04-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Don't forget to set-up the location where it's caught, the Level you encountered it, get a good Nature then feed in the correct PID, and make sure you catch it using a buyable Pokeball. Most importantly, give it a trainer ID.

If you're going to make it look legit, go all the way so you can actually use it in tourneys. :3
Only if you're using it in tourneys. If you're using it only online for battles and tourneys, then as long as you state that it is pokesav'd legally, then it's ok.
Whats is Pokesave?

So a pokemon with max stats all the way is illegal?
For example:
Dragonite with Att: 350, Def: 350, Spec.Att: 350, Spec. D: 350, and Speed: 350 (I know these aren't right)......................
Pokesav is a program that you generate action replay codes with, but it's really simple to use. You can learn more about it and download it http://www.projectpokemon.org/

Yeah that would be illegal, because it breaks the 510 ev limit.