PDA

View Full Version : Ah, Natures...

War
04-24-2010, 05:08 PM
I've heard that Neutral-natured pokemon are the best type because they don't have negatives in their stats.....However, I cannot believe this is the best nature because I've read on Serebii.com that Neutral natures give you no increase whatsoever......so.....Are neutral-natured pkmn better overall?.....:ermm:

Etymology
04-24-2010, 05:13 PM
I've heard that Neutral-natured pokemon are the best type because they don't have negatives in their stats.....However, I cannot believe this is the best nature because I've read on Serebii.com that Neutral natures give you no increase whatsoever......so.....Are neutral-natured pkmn better overall?.....:ermm:

Nope. Some natures are better on some Pokemon than others. Neutral nature is never the best to use.

War
04-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Nope. Some natures are better on some Pokemon than others. Neutral nature is never the best to use.

Damn...THANKS.... That clears up a lot......if only i could get my friend to believe this lol............its all good.

Michelle8936
04-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Well you can use this (http://www.psypokes.com/lab/natures.php) if you like. I had problems remembering which natures increased which stat, so that helped alot.

Etymology
04-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Alternatively, just look at a Pokemon's stat page on HGSS.

I believe I made a thread on this.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105387

demoneyes27
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
It depends on the pokemon you are trying to train....

Example:
Gallade learns only physical moves after he evolves from Kirlia, so you have no need to worry about his sp. attack anymore. Therefore, adamant nature is really good because you end up with 110% base attack and 90% base sp. attack. His attack, if nature is adamant and 252 EVs in attack, will be a base of 383.

Alakazam learns only sp. attack moves after it evolves, therefore attack is not needed anymore. So, modest is a great nature for it because you end up with 110% base sp. attack and 90% base attack. His sp. attack, if modest natured with 252 EVs in sp. attack, will be a base of 405.

Every pokemon has that nature or two that is very beneficial to it.