PDA

View Full Version : Help! My game won't load!

frondew
04-25-2010, 10:39 PM
When I press 'Continue' on my Diamond game, it doesn't load! It just shows a black screen, and no music plays. Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to restart all the time I put in it =\

Six_Paths
04-25-2010, 10:47 PM
I've never had this problem before... Do other games still work?

NikoBelic999
04-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Did you happen to use an AR?

If not, then IDK about it.

Flan
04-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Perhaps the game is a bootleg?
Either that or something happened to it, like falling on the floor, contact with liquids, etc.
Or maybe the DS is faulty and not running the games properly.

I'm not sure. :/

frondew
04-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Oh, wow, I'm stupid. Well I was tweaking to get in the dark void so I could get shaymin and darkrai. I got shaymin, and when I was outside of darkrai's cave, I saved (using the explorer kit) and when I tried to restart there was nothing.

I was aware of the risks of tweaking, but I assumed that if I was pretty much at the end of the glitch it would be fine, so I didn't really think about that.

So am I basically screwed? Is there anything I can do to get my game back? I stored all my legendaries I collected and stuff in that game =\

Judgmental Arceus
04-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Oh, wow, I'm stupid. Well I was tweaking to get in the dark void so I could get shaymin and darkrai. I got shaymin, and when I was outside of darkrai's cave, I saved (using the explorer kit) and when I tried to restart there was nothing.

I was aware of the risks of tweaking, but I assumed that if I was pretty much at the end of the glitch it would be fine, so I didn't really think about that.

So am I basically screwed? Is there anything I can do to get my game back? I stored all my legendaries I collected and stuff in that game =\

You are pretty much screwed. I suppose there is a shread of possibility of sending the game to GameFreak or whatever company to see if they can repair the bug or at least see if there isn't any permanent damage. Of course if there is and it's minor, you should be able to restart the game without any problems. If it is major damage, the game will never operate properly again and you'd need to buy a new Diamond.

frondew
04-26-2010, 04:52 AM
You are pretty much screwed. I suppose there is a shread of possibility of sending the game to GameFreak or whatever company to see if they can repair the bug or at least see if there isn't any permanent damage. Of course if there is and it's minor, you should be able to restart the game without any problems. If it is major damage, the game will never operate properly again and you'd need to buy a new Diamond.
So there's nothing I can do on my own with the game? Nothing I can try to fix it?

And how would I send it to gamefreak/would it cost anything?

Judgmental Arceus
04-26-2010, 05:07 AM
So there's nothing I can do on my own with the game? Nothing I can try to fix it?

And how would I send it to gamefreak/would it cost anything?

I will be honest in saying that I really cannot help you in this situation, so I think the best thing to do is get a replacement Diamond.

Tasteless
04-26-2010, 05:16 AM
If you have an ARDSi or other device that can make a backup of the save file, you can send it to me and I'll change your location to somewhere else.

Otherwise, start over the game. Nothing else can help you. Your character is on an area of the map it can't escape from.

There's no "permanent damage" to your cart, you just managed to wreck your save. Don't buy a new diamond. Either backup the save file and send it to me or someone who can help you.. And if you can't, you need to start it over, unfortunately.

Also you may have actually corrupted it, in which case I won't be able to fix it. But I could try.

frondew
04-27-2010, 12:57 AM
If you have an ARDSi or other device that can make a backup of the save file, you can send it to me and I'll change your location to somewhere else.

Otherwise, start over the game. Nothing else can help you. Your character is on an area of the map it can't escape from.

There's no "permanent damage" to your cart, you just managed to wreck your save. Don't buy a new diamond. Either backup the save file and send it to me or someone who can help you.. And if you can't, you need to start it over, unfortunately.

Also you may have actually corrupted it, in which case I won't be able to fix it. But I could try.
I don't, but I guess I can try and find someone who has one. Is that the only way to back my file up and put it on a computer?

Tasteless
04-27-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm sure there's some other save backup devices out there, but that's probably the most readily available and the one you're most likely to find someone with.