PDA

View Full Version : "Save file is corrupt" ordeal

Jurtaar
05-01-2010, 04:56 AM
My pokemon Pearl is acting very wierd lately. Every time I've tried to load my save I get the ol' blue screen and the "save file is corrupt" message.

Now, I've dealt with these problems before, but this one simply will not "uncorrupt" itself. I've tried saving twice, thrice, almost everything I can think of, but every time, the blue screen pops up.

Also, my game seems to have duplicated every pokemon that was in my party at the time. I have three identical Rhyperior's sitting in my pc and one in my party.

Wierd stuff... Does anyone know if I can still save my Pearl, or is it screwed over?:dazed:

Dartz
05-09-2010, 07:17 AM
which of them you are using?
Emulator or Original Nintendo Dual Screen?

Jurtaar
05-10-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm using the DS version, I don't like to use emulators.

Dartz
05-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Try This
just cleaned the gold connected thing gently (do this at your own risk , i suggest to do it more and more carefully)
or have your DS get repaired by Nintendo.

and one more important thing , have you tried cheats?
if yes then, that might be the cause

Jurtaar
05-15-2010, 04:06 AM
I do recall using minor AR cheats (rare candy cheat), and I was already assuming that it might have something to do with it. I glad I quit using that thing before I bought Platinum and SoulSilver.

Anyway, I think Pearl has deceased, thanks for the help, though.:happy:

P.S. I also know that it was not my DS that was causing the problem, because I tried it on my old one and I still got the same blue screen of doom.

scubasteveE
05-15-2010, 05:12 AM
I do recall using minor AR cheats (rare candy cheat), and I was already assuming that it might have something to do with it. I glad I quit using that thing before I bought Platinum and SoulSilver.

Anyway, I think Pearl has deceased, thanks for the help, though.:happy:

P.S. I also know that it was not my DS that was causing the problem, because I tried it on my old one and I still got the same blue screen of doom.
Did you use a lot of cheats at once?

Masami
05-18-2010, 07:14 AM
I used to get this, I believe it's your game taking damage somehow.

I believe I just reset it and gave it abit of a good clean, im unsure though, It was several years ago. (Clean it carefully, very carefully, don't use water or anything similar).

Jurtaar
05-20-2010, 04:41 AM
Did you use a lot of cheats at once?

I believe it was just the rare candy and the master ball cheat.

I've got Platinum and SoulSilver currently, so I don't think I'll bother restarting Pearl, but thanks for the cleaning tip, Masami.

Dartz
05-20-2010, 05:12 AM
Hey it doesn't matter
i am using 10 cheats at once
my game works fine and maybe your save file get corrupted due to bad save at some point or nds power issue