PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Tri ROAR

-Smoo-
05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
So anyone else get this? After owning it for a week I've only managed to kill 2 bosses so far so if anyone wanted a lengthy game and has a Wii then this is a good game to go for. Also it has no friend codes online so you can add anyone and talk to them with Wii speak, or use a keyboard.

Also, if anyone does have this and is looking to add people to there friend roster to quest with then leave your hunter ID and I'll message you at some point.

Hypocrisy is Fun
05-01-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm gonna pick up a copy as soon as I get some money. I've been playing MHFU for a while, and I'm really liking how Tri came out.

Zolar
05-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Yeah I've got the demo of it and its freaking hard to kill the monsters

Charbok
05-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm about 25 hours in and 100% addicted.

Senzura
05-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Ive been a monster hunter veteran since Monster Hunter 1.

just relized Im 50 hours in and yet Ive only done 3 offline quests. Online kicks offline's tiny single player ass.

karmachameleon
05-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I wish I could get the game. Unfortunately, no nearby Target is selling it. It's online functionality looks great.

Kenny_C.002
05-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah I've got the demo of it and its freaking hard to kill the monsters

That's the point of it. The first time you kill that Rathian, the triumph is like "yes, I am godly". ;)

Ive been a monster hunter veteran since Monster Hunter 1.

just relized Im 50 hours in and yet Ive only done 3 offline quests. Online kicks offline's tiny single player ass.

Nice, a vet. Only started playing MHFU myself, but I'm not very good. I still have trouble dealing with Tigrex and the 2x monster hunts (like that freaking 2x Black Gravios one. I have enough trouble with 1 BG, let alone 2. >.>).

Charbok
05-04-2010, 02:16 AM
Anyone up for organizing a MH3 party with me?

Kers
05-04-2010, 02:56 AM
Going to go to Gamestop and sell all the games I don't play, including Diamond.

Also gonna sell my PSP, and buy a Wii with the credit. Once I get enough money for MHT I'll buy it.

crystal_wolf
05-06-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm honestly rather intimidated by how it's on the Wii. I mean, concentrating and hitting buttons on the PSP with MHFU was enough for me, but concentrating, hitting buttons, and moving the wiimote around? I'ono.

I need to get back into MHFU before I'll get MHT. I haven't touched that poor game in such a long time. I feel guilty. >< Not to mention I still need to hook up the Wii...

But I will get it eventually! :D (key word, eventually)

..::Wolfie::..

Charbok
05-06-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm honestly rather intimidated by how it's on the Wii. I mean, concentrating and hitting buttons on the PSP with MHFU was enough for me, but concentrating, hitting buttons, and moving the wiimote around? I'ono.

http://www.1337life.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Classic-Controller-Pro.jpg

That's why they invented this.

-Smoo-
05-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Anyone up for organizing a MH3 party with me?

Sure, why not, could be fun.

Tombi
05-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I hired it. Seems pretty good, although the monsters I've met thus far haven't been very challenging.

.. I bet next time I play I'll be murdered by some feckoff massive dinosaur, won't I? xD

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm up for some online sometime with Austin and two other lucky contestants!

-Smoo-
05-23-2010, 04:08 PM
We could just put up our hunter ID's and send friend requests, then beat stuff up whenever.

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-01-2010, 06:45 AM
gameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheye argameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameofthe yeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoft heyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameo ftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargam eoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyearg ameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyea rgameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameofthey eargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameofth eyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameof theyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargameoftheyeargame oftheyeargameoftheyear

can you say addicted?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm addicted too. Not close to my game of the year, but definitely best multiplayer game of the year to me.

We should get a little group together to play online.

Lunar Lime
06-05-2010, 08:30 PM
*ahem*

I AM SO FRUSTRATED

MY WII IS BROKEN AND I SENT IT TO NINTENDO 3 TIMES, AND IT STILL WOULDN'T WORK. AND IT DELETES MY MHIII DATA EVERY TIME I TURN IT OFF

AND I'M FRUSTRATED AND I'VE BEEN FORCED TO KILL THE FRIGGIN' GOBUL 7 EFFIN TIMES.

In all seriousness, it's a really fun online game. Seriously. xD

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-17-2010, 08:09 AM
almost HR rank 20 here. had to stop playing because my girlfriend stole the game. :(

does anyone else think lagiacrus was extremely difficult to beat the first time? not making him run away, but actually hunting him? it felt nearly impossible, lance user here.

Kenny_C.002
06-17-2010, 05:46 PM
almost HR rank 20 here. had to stop playing because my girlfriend stole the game. :(

does anyone else think lagiacrus was extremely difficult to beat the first time? not making him run away, but actually hunting him? it felt nearly impossible, lance user here.
I'll get to that point soon enough (like maybe in a year or two). Atm it seems like fighting a rathian underwater or something. I hate fighting underwater. >.>

-Smoo-
06-26-2010, 03:59 PM
I found it quite easy to kill the Lagiacrus the first time, but then I was wearing full Lagiacrus armour that I previoulsy gained online.

But Jehn Mohran is the best, right?

Kenny_C.002
06-27-2010, 07:04 PM
I found it quite easy to kill the Lagiacrus the first time, but then I was wearing full Lagiacrus armour that I previoulsy gained online.

But Jehn Mohran is the best, right?
Naw, I just can't get used to the controls underwater. The extra dimension that I have to deal with makes it a lot harder than usual, as well.

Finch
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
I have this game too but have yet to play online due to lack of dorky enough friends xD

I was thinking about making a PE2K hunters' guild, anyone who'd be interested, let me know, and I'll get to work on the thread.

EDIT: Too late lololol it's made, click the MH3 link in my sig to check it out.

Mawile-Danmaku
08-01-2010, 03:35 PM
This game sounds so awesome, but I don't have enough money (I do have a Wii and a GameCube conroller, thank gods). However, if I sold BrainAge2, FF12: Renevant Wings, PKMN Diamond, SoulSilver, Emerald, Death Jr. 2, Wii Music (well, maybe not that), Wii Play and Battle Revolution I could easily get it. I know it has mild blood, but it's rated T for teen [/13yroldspeaking], okaa-san lets me watch Happy Tree Friends. Also, I grew pretty quickly, and I'm said to have the body of a 16-yr-old (one man even asked me if I had kids!), and my brain is about 16-17. So content is not a problem here.