PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon XD discussion

darkespeon06
08-03-2005, 09:12 PM
what do think is going to be or already on pokemon XD posts your ideas. evee is your starter man i hope there are stone for him

Razzmatazz
08-03-2005, 11:34 PM
I've read somewhere that a decision you make determines what stone you get for Eevee... but you never know how authentic internet rumors are, I may be wrong...

:rambo:

Red.Falcon
08-03-2005, 11:45 PM
I wonder how the main character can tell shadows apart from .........................non-shadows( :eh: ?!?). Couldn't only the girl from Colosseum tell them apart?I'm confused! :dazed:

darkespeon06
08-04-2005, 01:04 AM
ive never played collosseum but im a good GBA pokemon fan so im expecting the best from XD

tha man rocking tha manl
08-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I heard alot of stuff about the game, and i will list them.I can be wrong about any of the stuff i heard though.

1. If a pokemon is a shadow pokemon and is encountered in battle, it will have a + next to its name.

2. If you trade Mew from Emerald or any other game to XD, there will be a man that will ask you some questions.Answer them all, and the man will give you a list of over 100 moves.Pick four of them, and you'll have more moves for Mew to use.

3. You can now save any where you want.

4. Just like coloseum, there will be 3 rare pokemon you can catch as you progress in the game.But this time it is Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno, all at level 50.

5. There is a shop in XD that will sell you items to evolve your Eevee into any of its evolutions.

6. XD001 (Shadow Lugia) is catchable and is at level 50.

7. The character's partner, Mana, has a Plusle and a Minun that are overworld characters.

8. The last thing i know so far, is that they changed the Sun Stone into Sun Dust, and the Moon Stone into Moon Dust.

darkespeon06
08-04-2005, 03:05 PM
ill probably evolve my eevee into a jolteon

Ben232
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
I heard that you choose your evolution stone for Eevee

Rizaado
08-12-2005, 10:14 PM
I wonder how the main character can tell shadows apart from .........................non-shadows( :eh: ?!?). Couldn't only the girl from Colosseum tell them apart?I'm confused! :dazed:
I think you have a machine the can see a shadow pokemon's arua.

I heard alot of stuff about the game, and i will list them.I can be wrong about any of the stuff i heard though.

1. If a pokemon is a shadow pokemon and is encountered in battle, it will have a + next to its name.

2. If you trade Mew from Emerald or any other game to XD, there will be a man that will ask you some questions.Answer them all, and the man will give you a list of over 100 moves.Pick four of them, and you'll have more moves for Mew to use.

4. Just like coloseum, there will be 3 rare pokemon you can catch as you progress in the game.But this time it is Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno, all at level 50.

5. There is a shop in XD that will sell you items to evolve your Eevee into any of its evolutions.

7. The character's partner, Mana, has a Plusle and a Minun that are overworld characters.

8. The last thing i know so far, is that they changed the Sun Stone into Sun Dust, and the Moon Stone into Moon Dust

I think most of that is right but I think that if you do catch lugia it's a higher level.

darkespeon06
08-18-2005, 01:22 AM
man i cant wait to get this game it sounds so fun how was colloseum

masterryanx
08-18-2005, 02:32 AM

He has a Scouter (Dragon Ball Z) like thing that makes him able to see the Shadow Pokemon...... :happy:

darkespeon06
08-22-2005, 12:23 AM
thats wat i always figured well only about less than two months before i get it

Manjoume Jun
08-24-2005, 06:34 AM

8. The last thing i know so far, is that they changed the Sun Stone into Sun Dust, and the Moon Stone into Moon Dust.
The only piece of information from this list which is incorrect is number 10. The Sun Shard and the Moon Shard are in fact two completely separate items, whose sole purpose is purely to evolve Eevee into either Espeon or Umbreon. So, to reiterate:

There are FOUR items:

Sun Stone - for evolving Gloom and Sunkern.

Moon Stone - for evolving Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Nidorino, Nidorina, and Skitty.

Sun Shard - for evolving Eevee (into Espeon).

Moon Shard - for evolving Eevee (into Umbreon).

Also, there is a shop which sells the Fire, Thunder, and Water Stones, along with the Sun and Moon Shards, so it's completely up to you when it comes to what you'll evolve your Eevee into. Although you can only buy ONE of them, but there aren't any prior requirements (to my knowledge) that might alter this.

The 'scouter' is called an Aurora Searcher.

Finally, although you were correct about the Legendary Bird Trio, there's a slight change in this info, in that the same trainer uses ALL THREE IN THE SAME FIGHT. This would be Cipher Leader Deathgold (this fact is covered in rust's FAQ).

Enjoy.

Incredible Vortex
08-26-2005, 12:30 AM
I wonder what happens if you make a pokemon hold Sun or Moon Dust and
trade it to any GBA games. :think:

darkespeon06
10-04-2005, 01:41 AM
i still dont have the game how is it

XD_001
10-20-2005, 02:50 PM
I wonder what happens if you make a pokemon hold Sun or Moon Dust and
trade it to any GBA games. :think:

It's not a held item, it's a key item. It cannot be traded. Also, no shop sells it. A man gives one of the evolution items for free, only once. The Sun/Moon shard evolves the Eevee when the friendship is at a certain level (already is), and evolves the Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon when it levels up.

For more info, check out Serebii.net, it has almost all the info you need.

Oh, and here's my advice for beating the last boss of Pokemon XD. Since shadow attacks are not very effective against shadow Pokemon, take 5 shadow pokemon with you against Shadow Lugia, snag it, and use it in the battle against the boss that comes up right away by using full restore. Good shadows would be: Arbok-Glare and shadow half do wonders; Hitmonlee: shadow half, shadow down will allow more damage with false swipe; Pinsir: False swipe will definitely help. Also, bring at least about 15-20 timerballs. The batle takes VERY long, unless you don't plan on snatching all six at the same time. When i palyed, the battle took LONG. Timer balls caught paralyzed legendaries with 1 HP left in one go.

Grimdour the Rampager
10-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Wow. Thanks! I tried using a (Shadow)Charizard, (Shadow)Pinsir, and my Houndoom from FR. I just used a Master Ball held by Houndoom to capture Shadow Lugia, but power surge, and I didn't capture it, so I'll try to do it YOUR way.