PDA

View Full Version : Heart Gold and Soul Silver Too Easy?!?!

Ashlynx
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
i'm just wondering if anyone else is finding this game to easy like i mean Pryce is level 35 ish and after that you face a horde of rokets level 17ish i mean come on all that is mild exp and pp wastage!

well i would normally play pokemon by making every pokemon i find thesame level as each other
(in pokemon diamond i'm at the battle tower(after the elite four) and i have 18 pokemon at around level 50 to 40)

So this is my first time playing pokemon with only 6 pokemon because y friends recomended me to do so and i am finding this game way way too easy like normally the gym leaders would be aproximately 10 levels ahead of me but know there the same levels and defeating Silver is incredibly easy like i remember that in old silver versions that battling silver after the bug gym was pretty hard and i needed to actually go back and train wich i rarely do now he barely manages to take down one pokemon

im just wondering if anyone else is findign this easy and say like wich gyms your on

ive just finished beating team rocket in goldenrod city

Flu
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
The reason the first 8 badges are lower level than usual is that they had to make 16 gyms, each with rising levels, withou any of the levels surpassing red's.

Ayotui
05-03-2010, 05:55 PM
yeah. hg/ss are way easier than the original g/s/c. the only people to ever give me a challenge where clair and lance. the rest i took down on the first try. blue is also a bit hard tbh.

i am currently trying to beat blue.

pokemonfanboy2000
05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Blue? i thought there only was red and green.

Flu
05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Blue? i thought there only was red and green.

Red=early ash
Blue=early gary
Green=early female character.

pokemonfanboy2000
05-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Red=early ash
Blue=early gary

I thought green was a boy gym.

Ayotui
05-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Red=early ash
Blue=early gary

actually

Red=player character in gen 1/3
Blue=rival in gen 1/3 gary
Green=female character in fr/lg.

Flu
05-03-2010, 08:12 PM
And all of what I said is also true.
Green was designed when the original game was released, but a gender choice would make the games too complicated, so it didn't happen until crystal.
And while what you said about the other two was true, so was my info :p

Etymology
05-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Here is where it gets confusing. Green is Blue in Japan, and Blue is Green.

Ayotui
05-03-2010, 08:28 PM
And all of what I said is also true.
Green was designed when the original game was released, but a gender choice would make the games too complicated, so it didn't happen until crystal.
And while what you said about the other two was true, so was my info :p

no cause red=/= ash and gary =/=blue. if you mean design wise i guess i can agree with you.

Flu
05-03-2010, 08:31 PM
no cause red=/= ash and gary =/=blue. if you mean design wise i guess i can agree with you.

I meant early design, so I fail at expressing a point

Ayotui
05-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I meant early design, so I fail at expressing a point

ah, ok. that makes sense

grrrCHOMP
05-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Anyone who says Heart Gold and Soul Silver are too easy obviously hasn't tried to face Brock yet.

QuestionablyRoyal
05-04-2010, 12:06 AM
I had to beat Misty before I even got to the level of Sabrina :(

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-04-2010, 04:39 AM
I'm only up to Claire but so far I'm finding it really easy, too. I think the most frustrating thing is having such weak wild Pokemon and not many trainers to battle. (And no VS Seeker!) It makes training really annoying.

But now I'm thinking maybe they did that on purpose so people don't train as much and therefore it's not as easy?

RawrritsMe
05-04-2010, 06:37 AM
It was only easy for me cause I kept overlvling my pokemon >_> on accident though lol

Jasmine was the only challenge cause I didn't have anything super effective against Steelix D: (I had a growlithe, but it fainted before she sent out Steelix and I had no revives >_>) SHE BLACKED ME OUT, YO D:

EDIT: OHMYGOSH @_____@ THE WHOLE RED BLUE GREEN THING IS HURTING MY HEAD @________@

pokemonfanboy2000
05-04-2010, 06:58 AM
It was only easy for me cause I kept overlvling my pokemon >_> on accident though lol

Jasmine was the only challenge cause I didn't have anything super effective against Steelix D: (I had a growlithe, but it fainted before she sent out Steelix and I had no revives >_>) SHE BLACKED ME OUT, YO D:

EDIT: OHMYGOSH @_____@ THE WHOLE RED BLUE GREEN THING IS HURTING MY HEAD @________@

I know what you meen.

Hero_Of_Legend_Brendan
05-06-2010, 12:51 AM
I found it easy, but then again I've been playing since red/blue/yellow. Claire and Lance I had the most trouble with because I didn't have good matchups against them and ended up asking some friends for some pokemon to use. Besides that, everything was easy, even though I was using the crystal guide book to help with the general map layouts (which helped quite a bit in SS). But it was fun to play an old clasic region from back then.:biggrin:

Quiet Camerupt
05-08-2010, 01:33 AM
The main story of all pokemon games is easy. You could just train one of anything through the entire game and it would be able to beat everything fairly easy. I like to play my games where I beat the game with just one because I find it fun. To kind of prove my idea though, I once played through my leafgreen using only a beedrill. He became level 81 by the time the elite four was defeated (and the best thing he learns is sludge bomb- something you can't even get until after you defeat the E4).

thunderskain
05-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Anyone who says Heart Gold and Soul Silver are too easy obviously hasn't tried to face Brock yet.

What's Wrong with Brock??

Ashlynx
05-10-2010, 03:40 PM

im in kanto now and i had a little trouble with clair and lance was a pain in the butt and now im kinda confused cause i can chalenge any gym leader i want like some sort of freeroam thing

Arch Enemy
05-10-2010, 03:59 PM
It really depends upon the way you play it, some peoples trained their Pokémons enough, and for them it may be easy. And for other peoples they were probably too lazy to train their Pokémon, for them it was hard maybe? XD But for me, it was a bit easy. I think I've battled most of the Pokémon Trainers there is so far :3

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Dude, the Jhoto gym leaders are like regular trainer noobs for a reason! The Kanto gym leaders are hard! You have to get 16 badges!

Ashlynx
06-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Dude, the Jhoto gym leaders are like regular trainer noobs for a reason! The Kanto gym leaders are hard! You have to get 16 badges!

im finding all of them pretty easy because in know what pokemon they use

MoonKit
06-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Everything in HGSS is pretty easy for me except for two things: Getting the Doggie whatever they are legends in an Ultra or Dusk ball and beating Lance. The only things that I have that COULD beat him because of LVs being in the 50s are Typhlosion and Ho-oh! Gyarados takes them down in a swish of its tail!

bellsproutsrule
06-08-2010, 01:11 AM
yeah have fun beating the elite four the second time with level 50s xD. and also its probably cause u played this game before. im sure if you just came into pokemon with no internet help or g/s/c experience before you would have a harder time xD

NikoBelic999
06-08-2010, 02:11 AM
I have already beat the whole game three times with ease, and about Brock, I beat him without a scratch, just with one Typhlosion, with no cheats.

Gym Leader Ken
06-26-2010, 12:05 AM

That's odd. I found Jasmine rather easy.(not to question your training) but I took her out with a level 36 Nintales.

but as far as the game being too easy. They've done other things besides battles to make the game harder like was said that there is no VS Seeker, making training more of a challenge. but I've read both of the Strategy guides and Kanto seems much more challenging as you get deeper into it. Considering this game is exceptionally longer than the original GSC.

DemonicWolf
06-26-2010, 12:24 AM
i beat the champion with only my Charsizard!!!!!!! he was too easy

Dartz
06-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Yes, you're right. HG/SS are too easy.. everything is explained in these games , there's easy to find ways in the game leading to the end

Winter
06-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I think it's more because they had to work out the 16 gyms thing, and I have to agree, Claire gave me trouble because the only real ice type moves I had on my team came from my red Gyrados, so I had to rely on her and my Weepinbell(or however you spell it) since Claire has a bunch of water-based Dragon types.

Zorua
06-26-2010, 11:15 PM
EEEEEEAAAAASSSSSYYYYY. My Pokemon become overleveled too easy, I don't really have to do anything. I just battle every trainer, all the rockets, everyone in the gyms, all that good stuff. I only need three Pokemon. Squidward the Crocanaw, SpongeBob the Flaafy, and Plankton the Sudowoodo. I also have Gary the Gyarados, Mrs. Puff the Noctowl, and the soon-to-be Mr. Krabs the Ho-oh. The funny thing is, on my Soul Silver all my Pokemon were underleveled. But hey, who's complaining?

xcolbs
07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I actually found some of the gym leaders to be a little more challenging than the ones in the original games...but only a little. I usually make sure my Pokemon are five levels higher than the gym leader's main Pokemon, so gym battles aren't usually a problem for me. However, the Elite Four was quite a challenge, which I enjoyed.

So, I wouldn't say the new games are easier, but certainly a little more challenging. There's definitely more strategy involved, that's for sure.

Roze
07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm only up to Claire but so far I'm finding it really easy, too. I think the most frustrating thing is having such weak wild Pokemon and not many trainers to battle. (And no VS Seeker!) It makes training really annoying.

But now I'm thinking maybe they did that on purpose so people don't train as much and therefore it's not as easy?
I have actually never before had to go out and find wild pokemon to train with. I would usually just pick five pokemon and quickly go through while battling only trainers. Because of this I actually think HGSS is a little more challengeing. I kind of like it though. Because this is the first time I need to train I feel like I can also pick less strong pokemon to make it more challenging, like before I would never have used Hoothoot and Ekans. I am really interested in training more then six pokemon.

Skylands
07-11-2010, 07:16 PM
I finished both of these games in about a week and a half, that should explain it all.

dAdRaGoNtRaInEr
07-12-2010, 06:44 PM
jhoto was a little challenging but once you reached kanto it was joke, all the pokemon were 10-20 levels lower and all the wild pokemon were wimps.

ash_ketchup
07-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Hmm... i honestly think it would be cool if they increased all the gym leaders/e4's pokemon level's up 10,15 or 20 levels. so that we would havta train harder. i hate how people rely on legendaries to get through the game. i love creating a team from the beginning and then battling. so yes. hg and ss are quite easy in the beginning, it does get harder in kanto. but before you say its easy at least get all 16 badges :3

Cherries
07-23-2010, 03:36 PM
i'm just wondering if anyone else is finding this game to easy like i mean Pryce is level 35 ish and after that you face a horde of rokets level 17ish i mean come on all that is mild exp and pp wastage!

well i would normally play pokemon by making every pokemon i find thesame level as each other
(in pokemon diamond i'm at the battle tower(after the elite four) and i have 18 pokemon at around level 50 to 40)

So this is my first time playing pokemon with only 6 pokemon because y friends recomended me to do so and i am finding this game way way too easy like normally the gym leaders would be aproximately 10 levels ahead of me but know there the same levels and defeating Silver is incredibly easy like i remember that in old silver versions that battling silver after the bug gym was pretty hard and i needed to actually go back and train wich i rarely do now he barely manages to take down one pokemon

im just wondering if anyone else is findign this easy and say like wich gyms your on

ive just finished beating team rocket in goldenrod city
Easiest pokemon game ever, still worth buying?? HELLAH YESHAH.

Wifi is awesome. Pokes are awesome. And all the sub quets are awesome.

Crystal-Wolf
07-25-2010, 07:54 PM
it's not easy your just probably over training.

DancingDodo
07-26-2010, 06:40 PM
At least it's possible to beat Whitney without ripping out your skull this time round.

MikeLanglois
07-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Hmm... i honestly think it would be cool if they increased all the gym leaders/e4's pokemon level's up 10,15 or 20 levels. so that we would havta train harder. i hate how people rely on legendaries to get through the game. i love creating a team from the beginning and then battling. so yes. hg and ss are quite easy in the beginning, it does get harder in kanto. but before you say its easy at least get all 16 badges :3

You know you can reface the gym leaders and they fight with harder pokemon? Like, level 65-75 i think.

SoulSilver
07-27-2010, 03:40 PM

XDD. I beat Brock first go. He was the EASIST Gym out of them all. ^-^.

Infact, all of the gyms (Bar Whitney, Claire, Blaine (Fire. 7th kanto) and blue) Were suprisingly easy. Considering I ONLY Used Meganium. The rest of the team were punching bags Minus my Umbreon, who I used to battle with a lot.

Red was EXTREMELY Hard. I ended up getting Lugia (Legit, But only had to use 8 Ultra balls, which was AWESOME) and Zapdos. I ended up only using Meganium (level 87, but took out Pikachu in one hit via Earthquake.) JUST Scraped beating him. But first time battling an dbeating him, so I'm happy.

Now all I have to do is Catch all the legendaries and hopefully finish the pokedex. Aswell as train my pokemon up to high levels.

Zappo09
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
If My SoulSilver was easy and beating the game ill be like..........................

http://www.myspacegraphicsandanimations.com/images/grampa-simpsons.gif
THIS!

PokemonLeagueChamp
09-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Unless you've been leveling your Pokémon at an above average rate, you'll have a team with maximum level being in the 50s and the rest slightly lower. You will get beaten down pretty hard in much of Kanto. So no, that half at least probably isn't the easiest.

Captain Jack Harkness
09-14-2011, 08:56 AM
I found the game ridiculously easy. Not that I didnt enjoy it, it was just. Easy. :L

MattyAngelz45
11-05-2011, 03:52 AM
i beat this game literally 1 day and a half after my birthday with barely any leveling up lol!!! But then i got to blue and took like 20 times to beat him than i got to red and didnt know how stong he was but i took out his pikachu with two hits with my typlosion than his blastoise raped me..

MattyAngelz45
11-05-2011, 03:59 AM
Blue was so damn hard for me for some reason and Red was the Devil if Satan ever picked up a cuple of pokeballs....but other than that the game was incredibley short and easy especially the elite 4 and lance i was under leveled and still anilihated them

Primal Link
12-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Blue was so damn hard for me for some reason and Red was the Devil if Satan ever picked up a cuple of pokeballs....but other than that the game was incredibley short and easy especially the elite 4 and lance i was under leveled and still anilihated them
G/S/C and HGSS main plotline was always easy, then you have another set of gyms, at least in HGSS the elite 4 are buffed after conquering kantos gyms...

Swampert Guy
12-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it's noticeable that in G/S/C the gym leaders weren't getting stronger in sequence, and it seems the same occured to HG/SS.

I can't see any problem in this, indeed.

Jessu
12-27-2011, 02:29 AM
I always thought HGSS were easy because I knew what to do since I played Gold when it came out all those years ago. o.o

But yeah ... I did beat the E4 the first time around when my Pokemon were in their early 40s. I found that funny until I hit Kanto's gyms and they were wiping most of my team out and I had to rely on my Meganium lol.
BUT RED. SKDHUFKSDJ RED I HATED HIM LOL. He was easier in GSC! Took me several tries until I just gave up and waited until I transferred in my stronger Pokemon from my other games! xD