PDA

View Full Version : Mewtwo - Pokemon Stadium 2

Taylor
05-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Ok, so, in Pokemon Stadium 2, I encountered Mewtwo. However, when I tried to destroy it, it eliminated my whole team. He was still on about half HP. How can I beat him? This is my team.

- Golem
- Beedrill
- Hitmontop
- Mew
- Steelix
- Charizard

I built this team specifically to counter MewTwo, but yet I still fail in completing this task.

Sheepat
05-06-2010, 01:31 AM
I pretty much know NOTHING about pokemon stadium 2, however, try having Mew use a dark or ghost type move. Maybe Golem can blow up for massive damage, too. But I dunno.

Taylor
05-06-2010, 07:17 AM
I pretty much know NOTHING about pokemon stadium 2, however, try having Mew use a dark or ghost type move. Maybe Golem can blow up for massive damage, too. But I dunno.
Well, basically, this is kind of what Ive been doing. I used Rock Throw for high damage at the start, then self destruct. With Mew I use hypnosis and Dream Eater, aswell as Shadow Ball. With my beedrill, I have used Poison Sting, and just moves relative to their types for the others, yet I still dont beat it.

Sukiro
05-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Hmm i'm not sure, since mewtwo is a legendary pokemon try to use your best Pokemon that you have..

Cherries
07-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Does it have like super hp or something?

Mudkippy
10-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Mewtwo in Pokémon Stadium 2???

Howwwww???

I've encountered it at PS 1, but not solely in 2

At 2, I noticed Mewtwo in Rival's team, which were compound by Ho-oh, Lugia and Mewtwo

Samyelson
04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
You beat him by clicking attack moves that are super effective.

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
04-10-2011, 03:38 PM
It has been so long since I played Pokemon Stadium 2 for The N64. What I can remember is that when I made my Mewtwo have max stats the Game's Mewtwo I went up against had the same HP as mine. That was the same for my hacked MEW and the Game's MEW. This led me to believe that when you max out your team's stats the game's Pokemon have max stats too. This will make your battle with the game much tougher. Also what others have said is true, you need to use moves that are super effective.

pkmnrulz
04-16-2011, 03:07 PM
blissey w/ seismac toss is probably ur bes option. i used chansey w/ seismac toss in ps 1 n beat him

TrainerAce
04-19-2011, 05:32 AM
defeated mewtwo in PS1 with haunter/sandslash/ditto/raichu/chaizard/alakazam

started with raichu and used thunder wave, if i was lucky he got pz and i lowered his accuracy with flash until he got KOd, next i chose sandslash mewtwo went rest. while he slept i used sand attack on him like crazy till he was practically blind. another KO later ditto joined and that took a chunk of his health away before he KO'd me, charizard, alakazam all passed trying to mow his health down and haunter finally took him out using giga drain while he was resting. it was sheer luck.

you can try the same for PS2. Carry a pokemon with destiny bond (like Gengar). in the first round mewtwo usually starts with safeguard. you can use destiny bond. next round mewtwo is likely to KO both u and himself.

good luck!