PDA

View Full Version : Sad Face?

Kamoosekazi
05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
A few of my pokemon have sad faces next to their character pictures in the summary, am I doing it wrong?

Godot
05-07-2010, 08:29 PM
am I doing it wrong?

Not at all. The face next to a Pokemon's Sprite in the summary means that it previously had the Pokérus.

if you're not sure what the Pokérus is see this:

Bulbapedia: Pokérus (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/PokeRus)

Kamoosekazi
05-07-2010, 08:35 PM
oh really? sob..... i wish i knew this when they had it, i would have been spreading it everywhere...

Dartz
05-08-2010, 10:31 AM
it is obvious.
your pokemon is caught by a very helpful and dangerous virus called pokerus
man , you're pokemon are lucky
but that pokerus will spread to all your other pokemons in party
pokerus will raise all your infected pokemon's stats but however pokerus has a negative effect that only some people know.
there is no treatment for pokerus, its better that you start a new game, or download a save file, or if you wish to continue your game, then its ok.
good luck!:wink:

Kamoosekazi
05-09-2010, 03:33 AM
sarcasm?

Cause I know what Pokerus is, i just never saw the status change.... odd

NikoBelic999
05-09-2010, 03:40 AM
sarcasm?

Cause I know what Pokerus is, i just never saw the status change.... odd
No, Pokerus is Perfect, its great, it almost increases your pokemon's power twofold...

Zolar
05-09-2010, 04:28 AM
I never noticed my Pokerus stat changes either :\

The pokemaster
05-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Everyone says, "Oh it doubles your stats".It doesn't. All pokerus does is double the amount of EV's your Pokemon gets. It's essential for good quick EV training. It doesn't make it level faster, or get more stats, it just doubles the EVs that Pokemon gains.

Kamoosekazi
05-09-2010, 05:40 AM
Everyone says, "Oh it doubles your stats".It doesn't. All pokerus does is double the amount of EV's your Pokemon gets. It's essential for good quick EV training. It doesn't make it level faster, or get more stats, it just doubles the EVs that Pokemon gains.

Yes, I understand that.
I just wanted pkrs on my larvitar, so apparently I just need to get lucky again.... unless one of my pokemon have it in my boxes...

Isn't it suppose to show up on your status menu like PSN or SLP?

Judgmental Arceus
05-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Yes, I understand that.
I just wanted pkrs on my larvitar, so apparently I just need to get lucky again.... unless one of my pokemon have it in my boxes...

Isn't it suppose to show up on your status menu like PSN or SLP?

It does in the pokemon profile menu, but not in the battle menu. Generally I just trade over GTS and get Pokerus. I got lucky once and infected almost every pokemon in my box.

Kamoosekazi
05-10-2010, 02:29 AM
It does in the pokemon profile menu, but not in the battle menu. Generally I just trade over GTS and get Pokerus. I got lucky once and infected almost every pokemon in my box.

OOOOOOOO

Ok then I'll have to look for that. Thanks!

pokeman
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM

Double EV's = Double stats.

It doesn't make your max stats double yes, but it makes your stats increase at double the normal rate.

So it pretty much doubles your stats.

Kamoosekazi
05-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Double EV's = Double stats.

It doesn't make your max stats double yes, but it makes your stats increase at double the normal rate.

So it pretty much doubles your stats.

What you just said made little to no sense....

I just started researching this and this is my understanding:
All pokerus does is doubles the amount of EVs you gain per fight, the max EVs that a single pokemon can give by itself is 3 I believe, (Gyrados is a 3 EVs to Atk i believe), so especially each KO to a Gyrados would make you receive 6 EVs of Atk. This doesn't give you double the stats as every 4 EVs = 1 stat on next level up. You'll gain your EVs faster, that's all.

pokeman
05-11-2010, 11:47 AM
What you just said made little to no sense....

I just started researching this and this is my understanding:
All pokerus does is doubles the amount of EVs you gain per fight, the max EVs that a single pokemon can give by itself is 3 I believe, (Gyrados is a 3 EVs to Atk i believe), so especially each KO to a Gyrados would make you receive 6 EVs of Atk. This doesn't give you double the stats as every 4 EVs = 1 stat on next level up. You'll gain your EVs faster, that's all.

Is it really that hard to understand?

If you were to normally fight two pokemon, each giving 2 EV's. You'd gain one stat.

With pokerus however, you'd gain 4 EV's from each pokemon, amassing 8 EV's in the end. Which would gain you two stats.

Ergo, your stats (caused by the double gaining of EV's) do get earned at double the normal rate.

Kamoosekazi
05-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Is it really that hard to understand?

If you were to normally fight two pokemon, each giving 2 EV's. You'd gain one stat.

With pokerus however, you'd gain 4 EV's from each pokemon, amassing 8 EV's in the end. Which would gain you two stats.

Ergo, your stats (caused by the double gaining of EV's) do get earned at double the normal rate.

Thats exactly what I said. your previous statement was slightly more confusing as you were claiming double stats, and in reality it has nothing to do with double the stats. A more correct statement would be "Doubles the rate you receive stats".