PDA

View Full Version : Comments On HG/SS

thunderskain
05-08-2010, 09:43 AM
So i've beaten the whole game and such. I was really impressed by the way the game has been re done in a different perspective but then it has plenty of flaws..

1. The gyms are too easy (I guess everyone feels this, the gym leaders can't be compared to those in Sinnoh or Hoenn)
2. The Gyms in Kanto are useless (in a sense that they are also way easy for champions of the elite four) The kanto gyms should be opened before the elite four, that'll be a great twist
3. The pokegear call function sucks.. rematch with gym leaders and other trainers are hard to arrange
4. The story line does not have a nice twist...
5. Team Rocket sucks as ever with only rather few battles

Ther's still plenty i could list but to respect the hard works by the developers i won't list them down. However , my favourite part of the game would be the GB sounds. An interesting aspect that is new to pokemon games :smile:

Neo Dratini
05-08-2010, 12:34 PM
So i've beaten the whole game and such. I was really impressed by the way the game has been re done in a different perspective but then it has plenty of flaws..

1. The gyms are too easy (I guess everyone feels this, the gym leaders can't be compared to those in Sinnoh or Hoenn)
2. The Gyms in Kanto are useless (in a sense that they are also way easy for champions of the elite four) The kanto gyms should be opened before the elite four, that'll be a great twist
3. The pokegear call function sucks.. rematch with gym leaders and other trainers are hard to arrange
4. The story line does not have a nice twist...
5. Team Rocket sucks as ever with only rather few battles

Ther's still plenty i could list but to respect the hard works by the developers i won't list them down. However , my favourite part of the game would be the GB sounds. An interesting aspect that is new to pokemon games :smile:

the reason is that there are 16 gyms

Tasteless
05-08-2010, 05:20 PM
The Gym issue was an issue in G/S/C too. I wish they'd have fixed it.. They did buff Falkner's Pokemon in this one, and the first few gyms seem to be appropriately leveled and such, but after that it just falls off.

I didn't overtrain or grind my Pokemon so they'd stay at about the same level or slightly lower than gym ones (and I only carry 4) and I found it to be much more fun, but I feel like I shouldn't have to "go easy" on a game.

This older thread I made a while ago (don't revive it or anything) had some ideas on how to make it harder and more fun, like playing with only one Pokemon type, etc.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105061

Alonso
05-16-2010, 11:23 AM
WHAT!? The gyms were not easy. A lot of them had me on the ropes, on my last Pokemon, in difficult battles, against all odds situations.

Dartz
05-16-2010, 11:38 AM
These games are good as it have all 493 pokemons and has a new and cool feature that the first pokemon in our party follows us wherever we go in game..... i like battle style ...
i like new movesets .. i like bag style that how our player rotates on each and every section
nice job nintendo & gamefreak 8 out of 10

Dartz
05-16-2010, 11:38 AM
These games are good as it have all 493 pokemons and has a new and cool feature that the first pokemon in our party follows us wherever we go in game..... i like battle style ...
i like new movesets .. i like bag style that how our player rotates on each and every section

Dartz
05-16-2010, 11:44 AM

Please Delete this post........ my mistake :tongue:

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-16-2010, 12:56 PM
It was great, but the gyms were easy because there are 16 of them. Why would you open the Kanto gyms when you need 8 to get into the league. I do dislike the Pokegear on the grounds that it is annoying to have some puke call you constantly. I do not have much against the idea of it but spam calls are not my cup of tea. Also, Team Rocket... have you honestly played through the whole thing? I mean, you get swarmed with the R'd people!

I do completely agree with you on the story. It stank! It would have been cool if the story would have been similar to the Power of One movie. But, eh, that happened in the Orange Islands.

Alonso
05-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Please Delete this post........ my mistake :tongue:

If you edit the posts you will see a "delete" button. you can delete them yourself.

Zan Sabrefang
05-18-2010, 02:48 AM
The only thing I disliked about SoulSilver was the lack of Dual Screen ability it had on Platinum/Pearl/Diamond. I quite liked having a map up on my screen while I was going between routes hunting the Run Away legendaries. Now you have to go in and out of your PokeNav to check the map...

Dartz
05-18-2010, 06:52 AM
Did anyone completed this game?

Masami
05-18-2010, 07:06 AM
I completed it a long time ago, the gyms were not too east. People overtrain, plus they can only use one type of pokemon...how do you expect them to be difficult when you're using STAB x2 or x4 on them?...

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Another complaint I have is with the new Kanto gym models. They look nothing like the original. We all know what Brock and Misty look like... Waaahaaahaaat happened there!?

Altrius
05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I like it y'know. Its fresh and exciting in my eyes. All the pokemon look badass and new graphics make me smile. Gym leaders were average in my eyes, and thats cause I overleveled a little bit.

But overall I like it. And the new kanto sprites? Look fine in my opinion, although, Misty COULD have been a little hotter :)

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-18-2010, 06:58 PM
She was nice looking, but what happened to the old dew? And Brock looks like by older brother! AAAAAAAAH, I think the Nintendo Company is spying on my house, I know, I will run to Mexico... Aaaaw, wait, I am in Europe, damn...

I loved the new Pokemon Sprites! It was good to see Zapdos (a fav of mine) to get a slight face-lift. I also liked the wild Pokemon encounter remix for the Kanto Region!

MysticSapphire
05-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Ooh, Ilurve SS and HG. I'm obsessed. I love most of the new sprites, they look much better, and thefact that it has two regions is awesome.

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-19-2010, 09:46 AM
It is a very good game, but it is not one of my favorites.

Hikari10
03-19-2011, 04:31 AM
1. Some Gyms were too eaaaasy....
2. I beat Lance with a Miltank.
3. Pal Park, making this game better than its Gen II counterpart
4. Cheryl, Riley, Mira, Buck and Marley appearing as Battle Tower tag trainers.