PDA

View Full Version : US confirmed

sdp
03-06-2004, 12:50 AM
don't know if it's been posted but from ign:

Pokemon Red/Green US Bound
Yeah, it's a no-brainer. But Nintendo finally, indirectly, confirms it.

Electronic Arts ("]http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/N763.ign/B1303691.4;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=160x600;ord=dcywun ,baeslrabmgmwb?Click Here[/url]March 04, 2004 - At the DICE Summit in Vegas today, Perrin Kaplan, vice president of marketing and corporate communications of Nintendo revealed indirectly that the company is prepping to release the Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green games in the US.

It was in the "Targeting Tomorrow's Consumer Today" roundtable with Tony Kee of Ubisoft, Peter Dille of THQ, and Chip Lange of [url="http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/496/496682p1.html#) where Kaplan made mention of the incredible success of the Pokemon (http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/496/496682p1.html#) franchise. She spoke of how the two games have cracked the two million mark in Japan, and that these games "should do very well here," noting that Nintendo (http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/496/496682p1.html#) of America has these two titles in sight for a North American release.

Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Leaf Green are the latest in the series of Pokemon RPG titles on the GBA, essentially updated releases of the original Pokemon Blue and Red titles launched on the black-and-white Game Boy (http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/496/496682p1.html#) a half decade ago. -- Craig Harris

are in full_ign_ratings_box.jsp --Frank -->

PokemonElite2000
03-06-2004, 01:08 AM
In October 2003, George Harrison, senior vice president of Nintendo of America very breifly touched on the subject in an interview:
"It's called Red/Green in Japan, but it'll be Red/Blue over here."

Here's the complete part of that interview:
EGM: So do you think there will be a new iteration of the GBA technology before we see Nintendo's "real" next-generation handheld?

George: Well, I can't really comment on that, but you're going to see some innovations before the PSP even arrives. The wireless adapter that'll be coming with the next Pokemon -- it's called Red/Green in Japan, but it'll be Red/Blue over here -- allows for using a Motorola wireless unit to feature stress-free multiplayer action, the sort of thing that was tethered by a cable before. We've seen people make some initiatives on video in the Game Boy; that probably won't make this holiday, but we're pretty confident it will come in 2004. So we're already working on a lot of things that are being passed around as potential features for the PSP. We think we're more than prepared to compete.

It's hard to say whether or not it will changed from Fire Red/Leaf Green to Fire Red/(something) Blue (probably Water Blue). He only touched on it briefly, as in, one line. We have no official announcement on that, so we have to wait and see how it plays out.

I don't think there was any doubt that the new games will be released in the US. Ruby/Sapphire came in as the second and third best selling games of the year in 2003. I'm sure Nintendo wants to make more money, heh.

Half a Dollar
03-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Lol that's true. Let's hope it won't take that long for getting the game to come here. I mean look at Fire Emblem, so it wouldn't take long. BTW Fire Emblem is so popular that people demand to get the next one.:P

Pokemon World Mazter
03-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Hmm... very true. I hope the games come out here in the U.S soon this year. No one can wait to play FR / LG on their GBAs. Specially me. I have already planned my team for the upcoming games and things I will do first.

otikeu
03-07-2004, 12:59 AM
I can't visit the site! Can someone give me a link???????? (in text form only...please)

PEACE

GreenF!reR@ge
03-11-2004, 12:08 AM
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THESE GAMES TO COME OUT!!! I already know the some pokemon I want and I already know what version I wan't to get!!

The pokemon version I want is Leaf Green and here are some pkmn I want:
*Magmar
*Mantine
*Sneasel
*Kangiskan
*Syther & Scizor
*and ALOT more!!!!

fire_turtle
03-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Yes, I was right! If anyone read my thread "Fire Red/Water Blue" thread, they will now know that I was correct in saying that it won't be Leaf Green. I may be jumping ahead of myself here but now that it has been confirmed, someone should change this board to "Game Boy Games: Fire Red/Water Blue".

LolJolteonMaster
03-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Hmmm.....Still, we should wait till water blue acctualy comes out before we change everything.

Jirachi
03-24-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm glad.I was scared it might not come to the US.

DoomDesire
03-24-2004, 12:23 AM
O well I guess Ill be gettign FR and Not LG

Suicune
03-24-2004, 01:59 AM
Thats good news

boltAge
03-24-2004, 06:06 AM
I'm glad.I was scared it might not come to the US.
Kindly don't bring up threads more than 1 week old, kthx.

Well, the recent news already reports Fire Red and Leaf Green/Blue MAY be released around late August or so, since I'm not gonna buy it, I won't comment much anymore :razz:

Ironshell Blastoise
03-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Well, people, if you want to play some FrLg, play on the BOTS or on Netbattle.