PDA

View Full Version : Help making up my team in HG

Dartz
05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
today i started pokemon heart gold and i want to make a good team.
i took cyndaquil as my starter and caught a pidgey later
Now i Defeated the First GYM Leader
my Pokemons's Summary:

Pokemon:Cyndaquil

http://pokemon.marriland.com/images/platinum/sprites/front/norm/155_cyndaquil_1_m.png
Level:13
Moves:Tackle
Leer
Quick Attack
Ember

Pokemon:Pidgey
http://pokesplash.net/pokedex-hgss/sprite.php?natid=16
Level:13
Moves:Tackle
Roost
Gust
Quick Attack

I have to Catch 4 More
suggest 4 good pokemon for my team
really appreciated

Crystal-Wolf
05-12-2010, 06:38 PM
I just went with wooper as a HM slave until i had better pokemon to catch.

Dartz
05-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I just went with wooper as a HM slave until i had better pokemon to catch.

Where to Find Wooper???
and tell me other pokemons that i should catch?

Crystal-Wolf
05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Well if you go down and then turn left so if you turn down again there will be some fishermen.
wait you just got hg Black and white will be cvoming out.

Reidoru
05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Raticate is a good hm slave. My two are Raticate and Staryu.

Broderick
05-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Trust me dude, you don't need help. Catch anything you like, to be honest; all you have to do is have proper level advantage and you can beat anything in-game.
If you ever learn about EV's, IV's, and competitive battles, then come talk.

QuestionablyRoyal
05-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Trust me dude, you don't need help. Catch anything you like, to be honest; all you have to do is have proper level advantage and you can beat anything in-game.
If you ever learn about EV's, IV's, and competitive battles, then come talk.

I agree, My team is nothing but Pokemon I trained due to something I needed at the time and now they are my absolute favorites! :D

Blood_Flood
05-13-2010, 01:24 AM
i would go with:
Typhlosion or Charizard
Pidgeot or Staraptor
Gengar or Sableye
Dragonite or Salamance
Raichu or Ampharos
Gyarados or Blastoise
but it really doesnt matter what your team is, as long as you EV train and get your moveset right ( my team has at least one of every move type)

Kers
05-13-2010, 01:52 AM
I would suggest Kangaskhan, it's a great HM slutwhoreskank. You can get it with the pokewalker. Go to Bellsprout Tower and catch yourself a Ghastly, because Gengar is a real beast. That's all the advice I could give ATM.

Dartz
05-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Ok now i have seen results and decided to make this team pidgeot,typhlosion,dragonite, alakazam,ampharos and ho-oh. What do u think about my choice?

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Well, you are lacking balance. But, with a Dragonite I am sure you can pull it off, you will need to over level your Pokemon before you battle Lance though, past level 55.

Altrius
05-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Legendaries are not the way forward my friend! Balance is key! Also, just play with your favorites dude :)

Hell, you could probably complete this game with Furret, Hypno, Muk, Lanturn, Ninetales and Onix - and they're pretty average to weak pokemon.

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Yes, I only keep a maximum of 2 legendaries on my team. I love Zapdos though. It only has 2 weaknesses: Rock and Ice.

But, other than that Zapdos I really don't use legendaries that much and I do fine!

Dartz
05-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Now i have almost completed this game and my current team is espeon,electabuzz,umbreon,dragonite.typhlosion and blastoise. Is this team balanced?

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Far more balanced, congratz!

Taylor
05-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Espeon = Xatu / Gallade
Electabuzz = Ampharos / Magnezone
Umbreon = Gengar
Dragonite
Typhlosion = Arcanine / Magmortar
Blastoise = You have Dragonite for Water / Dragon moves, so another water is useless. Replace with Abomasnow / Glaceon / Glalie

dragonliu
05-31-2010, 02:46 AM
Mareep is great when it becomes Ampharos, but, it sucks until level 34 or 36 thanks to it only having Thunder Shock and T Punch. Just use the TM for Thunder and that hopefully should make it a little more usefull.

Gyarados is amazing and has a great Attack Stat. Its Sp. Def. is good and its Defense is fair, but with Intimidate it makes its Defense better. The only drawback is Sp. Atk. which really doesn't matter and Speed.