PDA

View Full Version : Good way to LV up my Pokemon?

MoonKit
05-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Ok, I learned that if I were to beat the E4 I needed a few specific types, all of witch I had. Here are the Pokemon that need MAGOR training:

Mayce (Mareep)
Lv 11
Modest, EXP share
Tackle*
Growl*
Thundershock

Zexion (Drowzee)
Lv 14
Hardy, Kings rock
Confusion
Pound*
Hypnosis
Disable

Duke (Geodude)
Lv 15
Brave, no item
Magnitude
Rock throw
Mud sport*
Rock polish*

Pidgey
Lv 15
Hardy, No item
Gust
Quick attack*
Fly
Tackle*

Weedle
Lv 16
Impish, No item
Bug bite*
Poison sting
String shot*

Silver
Lv 22
Relaxed, No item
Mud bomb
Powder snow
Mud-slap*
Endure

* means that I don't want that specific move on the Pokemon.

I am trying to keep it to

Psychic
Bug
Electric
Rock
Flying
Ice

I could change Pokemon, but I don't know who to change it to. Can you help me?

Tasteless
05-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Honestly, you should just use whatever Pokemon you leveled through the game with- level is much more important than type, and almost anything is better than Weedle/Beedrill..

You can just teach those types of moves to other Pokemon instead.

MoonKit
05-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Honestly, you should just use whatever Pokemon you leveled through the game with- level is much more important than type, and almost anything is better than Weedle/Beedrill..

You can just teach those types of moves to other Pokemon instead.

Truly, I have been using a Lv 50 something Typhlosion along with a Ho-oh and they do almost NOTHING against Lance.

Tasteless
05-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Well there's your issue right there, you only have two Pokemon? That are both the same type?

What do you use for Surf? Most water-types also learn Ice-type moves. You can buy a Blizzard TM from the department store or else use the rarer Ice Beam or Avalanche TMs. Rock moves are also decent against him, and a lot of Pokemon can use those.

I didn't have any ice-types or ice-type moves though and was able to power few with a few full restores.

Level up your Red Gyarados and give it dragon dance + a Rock or Ice (physical) move and it could honestly probably sweep his whole team if it lives long enough to DD once or twice. You can also find Tentacruel on route 32 (while surfing) that are as high as level 36, if you look for a while. Tentacruel has good special defenses (not too bulky physically, but should still take a hit) and also is capable of learning Ice Beam/Blizzard.

Staryu can be caught at level 20 with the Good Rod in a number of places, and evolved with the stone from Pokeathlon, and then just throw on Surf, Ice Beam/Blizzard from TM, possibly Thunderbolt/Thunder/Grass Knot/Psychic from TMs, it gets lots of good TM special moves. Starmie is very powerful and should be able to OHKO/2HKO a lot of his Pokemon assuming you have the type matchups to do so.

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-14-2010, 09:37 AM
I have no Pokemon that cal learn Ice type moves... yet I still beat the 8th gym leader, only losing one Pokemon... I suppose I need to get a water Pokemon that can learn Ice type moves, Red Gyarados!

MoonKit
05-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Well there's your issue right there, you only have two Pokemon? That are both the same type?

What do you use for Surf? Most water-types also learn Ice-type moves. You can buy a Blizzard TM from the department store or else use the rarer Ice Beam or Avalanche TMs. Rock moves are also decent against him, and a lot of Pokemon can use those.

I didn't have any ice-types or ice-type moves though and was able to power few with a few full restores.

Level up your Red Gyarados and give it dragon dance + a Rock or Ice (physical) move and it could honestly probably sweep his whole team if it lives long enough to DD once or twice. You can also find Tentacruel on route 32 (while surfing) that are as high as level 36, if you look for a while. Tentacruel has good special defenses (not too bulky physically, but should still take a hit) and also is capable of learning Ice Beam/Blizzard.

Staryu can be caught at level 20 with the Good Rod in a number of places, and evolved with the stone from Pokeathlon, and then just throw on Surf, Ice Beam/Blizzard from TM, possibly Thunderbolt/Thunder/Grass Knot/Psychic from TMs, it gets lots of good TM special moves. Starmie is very powerful and should be able to OHKO/2HKO a lot of his Pokemon assuming you have the type matchups to do so.

Actually, I had more than two, but they were to weak. I was even using my Fly slave, Pidgey against him...Stupid Pokemon that are way under-leveled... Anyway, thanks for the tips! Now I will possibly defeat his team in a couple of turns without training all that much!