PDA

View Full Version : Which pokemon did you start with and why

raptormudkip
05-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Which pokemon did you start with?
i

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-14-2010, 09:32 AM
On my first game (first time playing) I chose Totodile, cuz water type Pokemon are the most durable in my opinion. Then, I started over the game and chose Meganium, cuz that would be considered the hard setting right?

Taylor
05-14-2010, 08:52 PM
On my first game (first time playing) I chose Totodile, cuz water type Pokemon are the most durable in my opinion. Then, I started over the game and chose Meganium, cuz that would be considered the hard setting right?
Hard Option? Not likely. Its most likely the easy option. It takes a while to train up, but, that doesnt matter, considering your attacks are Super-Effective against Clair AND Lance.

Anyway, I chose Cyndaquil, which, in my opinion, actually is the Hard Option.

Ant2011
05-15-2010, 01:42 AM
I chose cyndaquil. mainly because that's what i started with on the old gold and crystal. and because he was unstoppable. ah... such good memories.... also named my rival ??? just for nostalgia... lol

austbot
05-15-2010, 01:45 AM
lol i chose cyndiqul. cause back in g/s/c i remeber him bein so beast (only used him so.....)

diamond4evr421
05-15-2010, 01:52 AM
I chose cyndaquil, because since i've been playing (saphire/ruby) I've gotten todadile, and chikarita, but have never gotten cyndaquil. Plus he's my favorite johto ironically.

Dartz
05-15-2010, 11:19 AM
I Refer all of them .... they all are good...........................
but i chose cyndaquil because of its cuteness......and there are not good fire type pokemons other than starters for me....................

Altrius
05-15-2010, 01:16 PM
See I traded across with my mate, so I had all three starters :D

And I'm not allowed to put down here what I called my rival, its rude :)

Raiden
05-15-2010, 06:38 PM
I chose Cyndaquil only because I was SRing and willing to take any one of the three as long as it was shiny!

Professor Geoffrey
05-15-2010, 07:05 PM
In HeartGold I started with Cyndaquil and in SoulSilver I started with Chikorita.

The reason was partially because in Gold, Silver and Crystal, I started with Totodile. The other reason was because I wanted over a Lapras egg to each game, so my team would have to be balanced.

Teddiursa of the Sky
05-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Hard Option? Not likely. Its most likely the easy option. It takes a while to train up, but, that doesnt matter, considering your attacks are Super-Effective against Clair AND Lance.

Anyway, I chose Cyndaquil, which, in my opinion, actually is the Hard Option.

Actually, considering that pretty much 13 of the 16 gym leaders are weak to Typhlosian, I would say otherwise.

patt896
05-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Pikachu, because I could not decide who to pick in pkmn yellow...
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gby025.gif

RawrritsMe
05-16-2010, 06:30 AM
I usually choose Water-types for starters, but for GSC and HeartGold, I chose Chikorita o.o Cause it's sexy :]

Even though soo many things resist it, and like a million things are Super Effective against it @.@ But I still love Chikorita :]

Alonso
05-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Back in the Generation 2 days (the golden age of Pokemon IMO), I would always choose Totodile. It looked so cool. Every time I started a new game, I would go with Totodile. I think I must've chosen him over 6 times. But I felt I have overpicked Totodile, so I went with Cyndaquil in HG.

Zan Sabrefang
05-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Back in the day I used Chikorita on Gold and Cyndaquil on Silver, even though I always thought Feraligatr was the best looking of the 3 starters evolutions. I picked Totodile this time around and wasn't disappointed.

Tasteless
05-18-2010, 03:17 AM
I picked Chikorita since he's the least powerful offensively and I didn't want to just get into the habit of supertraining Typhlosion/Feraligatr to kill everything and neglect my other Pokemon. I usually prefer to have 3-4 that are well trained instead of just one or all six.

Pokemon_Ron
05-18-2010, 04:09 AM
i

I chose Cyndaquil because I usually always pick the fire-starter.

Dartz
05-18-2010, 06:48 AM
It is hard to choose b/w them but i suggest u cyndaquil because when it evolve into typhlosion and learns eruption, even gyarados can't stand against it

Madge
05-25-2010, 02:40 PM
In Gold, Silver and Crystal I remember choosing Totodile... So many good memories with that Pokémon. Using my level thirty-eight Feraligatr to destroy the entire Elite Four on Gold...

This time round, however, I chose Chikorita, basically because I've NEVER chose the grass type starter Pokémon in any of the Pokémon games. Plus, Meganium looks pretty cool.

Giratina
05-26-2010, 06:55 PM
On HeartGold, I started with Totodile in an attempt to replicate my Crystal team. In SoulSilver, I picked Chikorita for the LOLz.

CrazyTrainer
05-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Cyndaquil all day guys

Kers
05-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Pikachu, because I could not decide who to pick in pkmn yellow...
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/gby025.gif

This is the HG/SS forum, guy.

I picked Cyndaquil. He was the Pokemon I picked in Gold and Crystal when I first started playing.

pkmnrulz
05-26-2010, 11:38 PM
i chose cyndaquil because he's my favorite starter

Zeion
05-30-2010, 01:34 PM
I chose Cyndaquil, mostly because I usually choose the fire starter. (Exception in Sinnoh, I chose Turtwig)

Puh-tree-cee-oh
05-30-2010, 02:46 PM
I chose chikorita because she's amazing :)

Sieses
05-30-2010, 04:48 PM
On HG I started with Totodile because it's the first one that showed up shiny while I was SR'ing.

Ayotui
05-30-2010, 05:23 PM
first time i played through the game i picked cyndaquil ( i neglected it by the third gym though)

and this time i picked chikorita and im planning on not neglecting it.

dragonliu
05-30-2010, 10:45 PM
In Yellow Version I started with Pikachu, DUH! The only thing I like about it is that it's cute.
In Crystal Ip started with Cyndaquil because I loved using Charizard in Yellow Version and Typhlosion has the same base stats (I think) and Charizard can kill pretty much anything with its stats (though maybe not Mewtwo). In Diamond I started with Piplup because I never had a water type starter (even in Yellow). In Heart Gold I started with Chikorita because I wanted a challenge and apparently I got a Chikorita with increased attack. That made me love my Meganium I have right now which always knocks things out with Frenzy Plant and Body Slam.

dragonliu
05-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Surprisingly, Chikorita's evolved form, Meganium is actually pretty good if you're lucky enough for it to have good offensive stats and you teach it really good moves. And all Chikoritas are extremely defensive (except for my Meganium that has decreased Sp. Def. and increased Attack). So Chikorita is actually a pretty good Pokemon.

Sir Kingdra
06-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I started with Totodile, just because supporting it is just soooo easy, just get a Nidoking and an Electric type and you've got a perfect in-game team.

KKranberry
06-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Cyndaquil.
I've never like grass types, but I like fire and water quite a lot. Back when I had crystal, I used Totodile and I thought it had far too directed towards physical attacks for my taste. in every generation so far, the fire starters have been my favorites, with the exception of Chimchar in UV. Then again, I didn't like Sinnoh in general.

DemonicWolf
06-07-2010, 12:09 AM
todadile.
i have all the other starters that why only need torchic now

SkittishHeart
06-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Cyndaquil, because it's my favorite starter + it's a Fire-type.

Neeno
06-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the thread! =D
When I had Gold I used Chikorita cuz I thought she was cute and I used to like cute pokes haha xD .. and she was good, however I decided to make a change..so I started with Cyndaquil in SS basically because I like Fire-Type pokemons.. and I believe that Typhlosion is a pretty strong pokemong when it comes to it's stats and moveset =3

dj-tiny
06-25-2010, 07:45 PM
totidile is a baby crocodile

Marshmallow Pope
06-25-2010, 09:35 PM
I chose Cyndaquil because I hardly chose any Fire types for the Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh games and I didn't have the G/S games back then so having a Cyndaquil was all new to me.

3m0d0ll
06-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Well, I love all the starters from Johto, but I chose Chikorita. She's cute, strong, learns a lot of powerful and defensive moves, and the best grass type overall that the game offers. I really wanted Cyndaquil and totodile, too. But since Totodile's best offensive stat is Attack, and the only physical water moves he learns by level-up is Aqua Tail, which has crappy Acc, Cyndaquil seemed better. But I wanted Growlith and I knew if I got Cyndaquil, he'd be my sweeper while my other Pokemon were little Pee-wee Hermans'. So, mainly to challenge myself, I chose Chikorita.

Zorua
06-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Eenee-meenee-minee-mo.

That's my method, althought I have yet to land on Chikorita. On Soul Silver it was Cyndiquil, and on Heart Gold it was Totodile.

raptormudkip
06-28-2010, 04:17 AM
Cyndaquil.
I've never like grass types, but I like fire and water quite a lot. Back when I had crystal, I used Totodile and I thought it had far too directed towards physical attacks for my taste. in every generation so far, the fire starters have been my favorites, with the exception of Chimchar in UV. Then again, I didn't like Sinnoh in general.

Serious?! Chimchar is probably my favourite fire starter.

Cherries
07-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I choose Chikarita the first time and than when I restarted I choose Cyndaquil, but yet.... All the starter pokemon suck in heartgold =P I only used charzard when I got my kanto starter.

I did choose chikarita because I wanted to choose the one I taught was the worst to challenge myself but turns out hes damn awefull.

dAdRaGoNtRaInEr
07-09-2010, 02:35 AM
cyndaquil because he is the best :P

xcolbs
07-11-2010, 06:46 PM
All three are excellent, but I decided on Totodile because I chose him most frequently back in the ol' Gold days. Feraligatr is a beast, and is very handy against many gym leaders and Lance. That, and Water types are bulky and awesome. :D

Skylands
07-11-2010, 06:51 PM
In SoulSilver, Cyndaquil. The only decent Fire type starter, ever.

In HeartGold, Totodile. Because I didn't want to choose the same starter for both games.

Roze
07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I have SoulSilver and I chose Chikorita because I wanted a challenge. I am using only pokemon that I wouldn't normally pick, because their stats are low... or moves take long to be worth while.

xcolbs
07-11-2010, 07:24 PM
In SoulSilver, Cyndaquil. The only decent Fire type starter, ever.

Typhlosion is the most decent Fire starter because it's a solid Fire type, and therefore it only has two weaknesses. It might not be as strong as Infernape, but it's certainly an unexpected addition to a competitive team. In fact, it's interesting how the Gold/Silver generation was the only one to have all three starters bear one type. It's too bad that they're all UU despite that, though. =/

ash_ketchup
07-22-2010, 05:36 AM
Cyndaquil all day guys

naw man. every GOOD trainer knows its water pokemon ftw. ;) jk. but ya totodile is the best. because water pokemon are sexy.

Sir Zephyrus
07-22-2010, 07:58 AM
I chose Totodile, for its combination of looks and power. I find Typhlosion over-rated.

charizard ex
07-22-2010, 08:03 AM
I choose cyndaquail because I love fire pokes

Chromatic Alchemist
07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I chose Chickorita because I was interested in its looks and powerful grass moves. And because I always become a nature-freak and pick out a Smogon-recommended nature, I have a nice defense/special attack 'Mon.

Etymology
07-22-2010, 05:19 PM
In my first runthrough I picked Chikorita, because it is one of my favourites and barely used. On my second run, I picked Cyndaquil, because I had never used one before in G/S/C/SS.

ash_ketchup
07-28-2010, 09:43 AM
i

started with cyndaquil! cuz i love water type pokemon. and i dont like feraligatr because he doesnt have very good sp.atk. so hes useless to me. i needed a fire type anyway to even my team :D

SoulSilver
07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Chikorita. then in SS I picked Cyndaquil. ;3.

Eternal Moonlight
07-29-2010, 05:45 AM
I started with Chikorita, it being my second favourite Pokémon and my first ever starter in Silver...

Mew, Meow, Nya

Light-chan
07-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Chikoritaaaaa!!!~ I think it's the cutest and it's one of the best grass types available in the game itself, along with Bulbasaur when you eventually beat Red.

I know that Feraligatr has a good range of moves, and it's really useful, but there's a crap-load of Water-types to choose from... (and besides, my boyfriend always chooses Totodile and it annoys me D8<)

And for Fire, I go for Arcanine because mine is a Physical-Attacking beast. <3

batonpasser
09-08-2010, 04:39 AM
I started with Totodile because i wanted to end up with a solid bulky water. also grass and fire types have problems when it comes to multiple weaknesses.

Cobalt Shadow
09-12-2010, 05:24 AM
Cyndaquil because I am a pyromaniac in training (not really) and because fire pokemon OWN! Most of the time they have good secondry types like charizard and blaziken

Cenedar
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
In Silver and Crystal I started with Totodile, because I am forever loyal to the water starters.

In SoulSilver, though, I started with Cyndaquil. Not because I liked it more, but because I had also traded over an egg from my Diamond version with an Ice-Punching Totodile in it.:biggrin:

Between my Typhlosion and my Feraligatr, stuff got WRECKED.

Master Groudon
09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I picked cyndaquil because heas freaking awesome like that.

Disco
09-24-2010, 04:56 PM
I picked Cyndaquil, because female Typhlosion = scary. : D
Minerva crushes the teams of all. :I trufax.

Dark Moonlight
09-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Cyndaquil. I ALWAYS pick fire starters, but not the case in BW, though. I'll have to pick Tsutaaja.

Rival Silver
09-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I start with Cyndaquil for the simple fact that I use to love Quilava so much in Silver that I just never allowed it evolve till I simply couldn't beat the pokemon leauges or Red.

But now I'm all Totodile because I feel like it fits Silver more, and I feel like water pokemon can take alot more damage.

pkmnrulz
09-24-2010, 07:42 PM
i started with cyndaquil because he's my favorite starter.

Alpha_Mew
09-24-2010, 08:02 PM
normally i would pick chikorita as its excellent when it evolves to meganium helped loads with red but i love them all so i got my bro to trade me the other two.

Black Label
09-24-2010, 09:32 PM
I picked Totodile, as he was my original starter in Crystal.