PDA

View Full Version : I scratch your back, you scratch mine (RMT)

Forsety
08-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Well normally I rate others teams but I thought I'd throw in a recent team I've been using lately since I could do with ideas. I do NOT use OU so don't even suggest them. BL are considerable but it will take much persuasion.
My main problem is I have my set pokemon but the last 2 spots are really hard to choose and I keep switching around to no avail.

Dunsparce @Leftovers -Serene Grace
Evs:
HP+241, Atk+172, Def-61, Sp Def+36
Brave
-Headbutt
-Body Slam
-Fire Blast
-Yawn
This guy is extremely awesome to start with, hax god and can also psuedo haze. Nearly no-one has a safe chance vs him, Fire Blast screws Skarmories and Gengars with added chance of burn, And Body Slam/Headbutt just wrecks havoc with anyone. If they try baton passing then Yawn on the switch. So much HP ensures he can last a long time sometimes this guy can actually do a one mon sweep if lucks on his side.
Even Starmie hates this guy like hell.

Golem @Leftovers -Sturdy
Evs:
HP+116, Atk+218, Def+176
Brave
-Earthquake
-Rock Blast
-Explosion
-Substitute
Anti-sub, exploder and substitute almost guarantees me an explode. I did try using Solrock but I like Golem's defense and heavier attack more, obviously hates Skarmories.

Hitmontop @Leftovers -Intimidate
Evs:
HP+241, Atk+71, Def+58, Sp. Def+140
Careful
-Hi-Jump kick
-Mach punch
-Bulk Up
-Rock Slide
Oh my...I cannot begin to stress the amazing tank like power of this Hitmon. Anyone who said Hitmon's can't tank due to HP was wrong as hell.
This guy has snatched amazing comebacks numerous times against UU and OU and legendary teams.
It takes around 20-30 from a STAB HP Flying from Gyarados, most spcl.atkers even short of 130 base and modest and STAB can't scratch it. Even Taurus with STAB and CB can only manage around 30% on it on the switch.
His attack isn't to be underestimated either, Skamory eats around 35-45% from one bulkup and Hi-Jump Kick.
Mach Punch for obvious reasons and also he can still run rampant after being paralyzed, I once managed to still finish and sweep up at least 3 pokemon with only Mach Punch while paralyzed.
They usually switch to a psychic and find themself owned when STAB Psychic is doing 40-45% on him. Although I'm considering upping his sp.def even more at the cost of def for real royal ownage.

Typhlosion @Petaya Berry -Blaze
Evs:
Atk+68, Spd+252, Sp. Atk 190
Hasty/Naive
-Fire Blast
-Substitute
-HP Grass
-Reversal
Unfortunately this is nothing more than a wannabe Blaziken, but its one of my faves. Admitedly its really badly beaten by most out there but serves as my main special sweeper. HP Grass is more valuable than Thunderpunch for Swamperts and the like and still does a nice number on Starmie.
Reversal is nothing more than a filler, seeing it only does 50-60% on Bliss/Snorlax full power.

Those were the main ones now here are some of the fillers.......

Kingdra @Petaya Berry -Swift Swim
Evs:
HP+40, Atk+245, Def+84, Sp. Atk+141
Naughty
-Surf
-Dragon Dance
-Return
-Ice Beam
I tried playing with this guy to replace my Omastar and he turned out well. His typing helped alot and as long it isn't paralyzed it can outrun 130 base speeders with 2 DD and do well overall. Enough special attack to ohko most weak to Surf. Most expect the Rain Dance instead of DD.

Quagsire @Leftovers -Water Absorb
Evs:
HP+196, Atk+138, Sp. Atk+ 17, Sp. Def+160
Sassy
-Focus Punch/Earthquake
-Surf
-Yawn
-Substitute
I love Quaggy, one of the first ever I used in a proper competitive team. Although with the changing metagame, Quaggy really is weak, I found Surf is necessary now with his STAB to stop Gengars murdering him. F-Punch would let me deal with Snorlax's and Blisseys but EQ leaves me screwed vs most decent tanks...Substitute is rather vital...I dunno want to do.
But his typing covers my team extremely well but all he can do is annoy....I might consider Curse over Sub and keep EQ.

Muk @Leftovers -Sticky Hold
Evs:
HP+212, Atk+92, Def+16, Sp. Def+190
Brave
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Mimic/FireBlast/Taunt
-Acid Armour
I used him in a earlier team and he proved extremely useful. His sp.def and 404 HP gives 101 Subs and also extremely high tolerance to sp. atks occasionally keeping his sub.
Acid Armour just makes him a tank.....although Mimic seems to be extremely surprising for some and if I pull it off on a Leech Seed it can mean almost instant game over for them. FireBlast or Taunt though would screw Skarmories over, he is rather vulnerable to Starmie though.

Omastar @Petaya Berry -Swift Swim
Evs:
HP+80, Def+90, Spd+164, Sp. Atk+160, Sp. Def+16
Modest
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Ice Beam
He was here to fit the role of special sweeper but eventually faded out to Kingdra since anyone could see him come a mile away and stop him. However he does have a fun time owning Gyarados.

Any other suggestions to help cover the first 4 would be nice.

Dragon_Seeker
08-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Dunsparce: Dunsparce is annoying... I'd recommend Ancient Power over Yawn since that 20% boost to everything is nice and Ice Beam because it looks like CBmence might be a jerk.

Golem: Nice.

Hitmontop: I just looked up that damage thing on a calc and it said Hitmontop switching in on Tauros takes like 45%... and Gyarados deals 53%. Or do you mean them switching in after a Bulk Up/2 Bulk Ups or something...?

Typhlosion: Cool... I don't like Typhlosion but you have some form of anti-SkarmBliss which is good...

Kingdra: Bleck. Never liked Kingdra after I tried it. All I can say is: Rain Dance. IMO he needs Rain Dance to even be considered "worth it". Unless you're using Flail... Flail was fun for a laugh. Dragon Dance + Substitute + Hydro Pump + Flail was jokes.

Quagsire: I'd probably use a more defensively oriented one with Haze and such... maybe Counter + Haze + Ice Beam + Earthquake or something with Leftovers since you need a Hazer that can take hits. Ice Beam on Sassy easily breaks Gengar subs and hits Salamence (who has been said to be a problem and needs to be dealt with).

Muk: Curse > Acid Armour IMO making him funky... HP Ghost, Sludge Bomb, Focus Punch/Substitute/Rest + Curse is fun. I'd use him because you lack a tolerance to Specials.

Omastar: Spikes. IMO the only reason he should be considered is for Spiking without having to wonder "OMG! Magneton could be in his team!!! EEEEK!" Rain Dancing as the set focus... eh... never thought it was that great (especially if you're going to pit this against OU teams sporting stuff like Regice) but I could be missing something.

Anyways, Filler-Wise I'd use Quaggy and Muk, since Muk covers Quaggy's Grass weak, Golem's Grass weak and Quaggy absorbs Water aimed at Golem. I can see Zam being a jerk though... maybe... Sableye instead of Hitmontop... or something. Then you can absorb the Psychic aimed at Muk.

Forsety
08-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Well thing is Hitmontop is the only one I refuse to change since he is the most integral part along with Dunsparce. And I don't fear Regice too much since in my most recent fight it was with Reice+Regirock and Celebi/Jirachi and I had very little problems.

Hitmontop: I just looked up that damage thing on a calc and it said Hitmontop switching in on Tauros takes like 45%... and Gyarados deals 53%. Or do you mean them switching in after a Bulk Up/2 Bulk Ups or something...?
Intimidate + BulkUp sorry I should've made that clearer, but its a good only 1 turn price to pay for outstanding defense and good attack. 240 +1 level should be 360 atk right?
If I can get 2 bulkups they have instant problems since Mach Punch is just going to do decent damage whatever they do and most attacks won't come close to half damage and special attacks outside of psychic STAB'ed will bounce.

Kingdra: Bleck. Never liked Kingdra after I tried it. All I can say is: Rain Dance. IMO he needs Rain Dance to even be considered "worth it". Unless you're using Flail... Flail was fun for a laugh. Dragon Dance + Substitute + Hydro Pump + Flail was jokes.
General idea I originally thought was Kingdra's typing and DD made him a great Suicune breaker. 315 atk + Return +DD is no laughing matter but I have been really questioning its worth anyway, I might drop it.

Quagsire: I'd probably use a more defensively oriented one with Haze and such... maybe Counter + Haze + Ice Beam + Earthquake or something with Leftovers since you need a Hazer that can take hits. Ice Beam on Sassy easily breaks Gengar subs and hits Salamence
Hmm well I used Surf because I was worried without STAB he wouldn't do enough damage. But if Ice Beam will barely manage it, I might...170 spcl.atk seems abit borderline.
I don't use Counter period because most just powerup on him, but I might bring back Haze since you're right about me lacking hazers. (Old Curselax abused me). The reasoning behind F-Punch + Yawn is because I found myself being creamed by Snorlax + Blissey. I might though try Ice Beam/F-Punch/Haze/Sub.

Muk: Curse > Acid Armour IMO making him funky... HP Ghost, Sludge Bomb, Focus Punch/Substitute/Rest + Curse is fun. I'd use him because you lack a tolerance to Specials.
I just felt Curse would attract too many P-hazers and not bringing my defense up quick enough and Acid Armour is faster for tanking with those 101 subs. I can't be bothered with Rest since Muk isnt' someone I like to leave in long, 3 turns I feel is just Starmie bait, but I might see how I can bring Curse back in and maybe I'll give Cursemuk a go since most of these guys hate WoW.

Omastar: Spikes. IMO the only reason he should be considered is for Spiking without having to wonder "OMG! Magneton could be in his team!!! EEEEK!" Rain Dancing as the set focus... eh... never thought it was that great but I could be missing something.
Problem I found with spiking is I don't have P-Hazers to take advantage of it, Golem might be able to but he doesn't have room for a Roar unless I sacrifice an attack which would reduce his usefulness.
And Rain Dancing with Omastar tends to work because of his defense and HP Electric always seems to catch Gyarados out which I found was abusing Omastar for free DD's in the conventional Spike Set.

And on a sidenote I did find Sableye can put me at a major disadvantage if he starts, it was only a one off battle but because of it greeting Dunsparce to start ended up with me losing nearly 4-0, only Golem getting a kill from Explosion and Hitmontop only because he was retarded enough to leave a Blissey against him.