PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on the new female character?

Dartz
05-30-2010, 09:46 AM
What are your thoughts on the new female character? As we all know, HG and SS have a new female playable character. I personally think that this new girl is fine, but I would have preferred Kris, but I do not really care since I always choose male. What do you guys think of her?

DemonicWolf
05-30-2010, 01:04 PM
better than using the normal girl in D/P/PL

MoonKit
05-30-2010, 06:45 PM
I think she is awesome. I like her better than any of the others. I hope she is the main girl in Gen. 5!

KitKat
05-31-2010, 08:44 PM
I think she is awesome. I like her better than any of the others. I hope she is the main girl in Gen. 5!
I'm not a huge fan of the appearance, but I do like the character overall. I would've preferred Crystal though. :/

Ana Mollie
06-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Since I played Yellow as a ten year old (or about that age, maybe a few years younger), and went through the torture of Erica's gym girls saying "No boys allowed", Kris has always been my favorite. I have an undying loyalty towards and love of her. Love her hair, the funky color, and the whole design.
As such, not being able to play her was probably the biggest let down of HG/SS. I do not hate Lyra with a passion, but I find her hat quite annoying. She's probably my least favorite female character, as well.

To be honest, though, I'm so excited for the Gen 5 character. Adorable design, cutesy hair, and the added bonus of her being a little older. I've heard rumors that she'll either be 14 or 17... If she was 17 I'd be really happy, just because it fits closer to my age. It fits with the journey those of us who started playing Pokemon at about age 10 have gone through, by keeping up with the games while growing older and wiser. (and watching as the people who played the game at our age dropped like flies when it wasn't "cool")

Teddiursa of the Sky
06-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I am a boy, so I am looking at this in a boy's perspective...

She is so-so cute... lol...

Broderick
06-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I am a boy, so I am looking at this in a boy's perspective...

She is so-so cute... lol...

That's creepy... like, really. @_@

She looks better than the rest of the characters, bar May. May was the coolest; Dawn I think needs to quit with the prostitution and wear some pants, but w/e.
The hat makes me laugh.

Teddiursa of the Sky
06-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I disagree, the female in Leaf Green/Fire Red was the the best of all the female characters.

P.S: I don't mean that in the creepy... eh... bad way. I mean that in a good way? God, even if I say it like that it makes it sound creepy. Anyway, I think they are good looking, but I don't mean it that way that you are thinking of.

Broderick
06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I disagree, the female in Leaf Green/Fire Red was the the best of all the female characters.

P.S: I don't mean that in the creepy... eh... bad way. I mean that in a good way? God, even if I say it like that it makes it sound creepy. Anyway, I think they are good looking, but I don't mean it that way that you are thinking of.

I know, I'm just joking. I forgot about the remake character, she was okay. I thought the way they colored her hair made her look old... but not really.

Quiet Camerupt
06-01-2010, 08:08 PM

I'd have to agree with you on Leaf being the best of the female characters. As for Lyra though I'd say she is the worst. I'm not sure why, she just doesn't look like she belongs in the game. Leaf looks like Red if he was a girl, both probably are the most trainer-like of all the main characters.

Ayotui
06-01-2010, 08:14 PM
i think the new character looks a bit cheap tbh.

in other words she fits perfectly with all the other prostitutes in the series.

Hikari10
03-19-2011, 04:52 AM
Her name is Lyra and I look a lot like her.