PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pokesav

Altrius
06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Hello all.

I'd like to ask about Pokesav for the DS. I know how it all works, and about how editing and that but the main trouble I'm having is getting my save onto the flashcard. I've no idea how to get the save from my SoulSilver onto the Flashcard so I can upload it to my computer to edit.

For clarification, I've got a DSi XL and Soulsilver.

Any help is greatly appriciated cause theres nothing online :/

Altrius

Max211
06-01-2010, 10:17 PM
From what I've heard, you can't edit the save file of the game; you can only put the code(s) from your computer onto your game (in other words, it's a one-way process). Never used Pokesav myself though, so I could be wrong.

Broderick
06-01-2010, 10:26 PM
From what I've heard, you can't edit the save file of the game; you can only put the code(s) from your computer onto your game (in other words, it's a one-way process). Never used Pokesav myself though, so I could be wrong.

He's using a flashcard. That means he doesn't have a physical cartridge of HG or SS.

I used to use an R4 before it crapped out on me, and although I didn't ever use action replay codes on it, there should be a "cheats" folder in your flashcard's folder on your computer that you can go into, and paste in the .xml file.
I could quite easily be wrong though, so I'd look on youtube and/or google.

Altrius
06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
He's using a flashcard. That means he doesn't have a physical cartridge of HG or SS.

I used to use an R4 before it crapped out on me, and although I didn't ever use action replay codes on it, there should be a "cheats" folder in your flashcard's folder on your computer that you can go into, and paste in the .xml file.
I could quite easily be wrong though, so I'd look on youtube and/or google.

Nah wrong end of the stick. I do have the carteridge for SS. Its in my DS. The flashcard goes in the sidepart, and I need to somehow get the save file from the cartridge onto the flashcard.

Tasteless
06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Currently a lot of save backup devices don't support Heart Gold and Soul Silver, because they store the save file in a different format.

I think the current workaround involves actually opening and resoldering part of the physical cart, which you probably don't want to do.

Altrius
06-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Currently a lot of save backup devices don't support Heart Gold and Soul Silver, because they store the save file in a different format.

I think the current workaround involves actually opening and resoldering part of the physical cart, which you probably don't want to do.

Ack. So as far as you know, other than AR codes there's no way to pokesav my game, short of mutilating it? :/ Cheers anywho

Starkipraggy
06-02-2010, 09:23 AM
If you just want to tool around with your Pokemon, get somebody's help to trade your Pokemon to a game on your flashcart, then plug your flashcart's save media into your computer and work from there.

Tasteless
06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Pretty much, yes. Last I heard there is something weird about it switching power from the infrared reader back and forth from the other parts of the cart that store the save. I'm not too technical so I can't describe any better.