PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Platinum

Altrius
06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
We'll, I've just finished playing Platinum, and I have to say what a brilliant game. Really, I actually enjoyed playing the game and following the storyline, as apposed to crappy Soulsilver's 'Hai go get 16 badges and beat elite 4 lololol' I haven't had that much fun with a pokemon games storyline since Emerald.

The plot is great, if a little cliche. Cyrus is a cold figure and he plays his part very well I think. Also, the Team Galactic have a much bigger role than Team Rocket in Soulsilver. So much so, I actually enjoyed beating the grunts (Which again, I haven't had since Emerald) just so I could get to the leader. The commanders made me chuckle too, especially the fact that none of them realized what Cyrus was up to. Charon was pretty funny too, although I think he should have got a bigger part :/

Not only that but the way they pave the levels out, I actually had to do very little 'farming leveling'. The wild pokemon get stronger each route, and you level up in time. Even the gym battles were a little tough when I was a few levels lower than them :3

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. Haven't had as much fun since Emerald, and I'll be replaying it for sure :3

Whats all your opinions of it?

Kamoosekazi
06-02-2010, 05:40 PM
now that you're done with it, I would like to borrow it for a few weeks.... :crackup:

Thanks for a review like this, I like to read good things, however you should have thrown a slight "SPOILER ALERT" thing up.

Altrius
06-02-2010, 05:44 PM
now that you're done with it, I would like to borrow it for a few weeks.... :crackup:

Thanks for a review like this, I like to read good things, however you should have thrown a slight "SPOILER ALERT" thing up.

There weren't that many spoilers were there? I tried to keep it a secret as best I could :3
Would lend it to ya, but Its an emulator I played :3

Kamoosekazi
06-03-2010, 03:25 AM
lol, i have the EMu too, i just got board with not being able to use the GTS or Underground =P

Professor Geoffrey
06-03-2010, 05:13 AM
I do admit that Platinum's story is probably the darkest thus far of the mainstream games. I'm not sure if it's darker than Shadows of Almia, XD, or Colosseum, but it does have a very good plot. I did notice that its plot was much deeper than HeartGold and SoulSilver's, but note that they are remakes of older Pokémon games, so Nintendo really didn't have a whole lot to work with. As opposed to Platinum, however, HGSS has better story arcs, way better music, better use of culture, more areas to explore, and of course, the appearances of all four generation's champions in one game; Red, Blue, Steven, Lance and Cynthia. You have to admit that last thing was pretty awesome.

Platinum in general is Diamond and Pearl with a slightly darker, longer and better storyline. The mythology is more in depth than in Diamond and Pearl and Charon and Looker being added to the storyline worked wonders. It also expanded on Rotom as a Pokémon and made it way more awesome. Then there was the predictable Battle Frontier, the possibility to catch Dialga and Palkia in the same game, a new form for Giratina... let's face it, generation four is almost good as the first generation, probably better for me. Johto, however, will never be beaten, I don't think...