PDA

View Full Version : I can't release this Pokemon?

Kecleonfan666
06-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Alright, so I'm releasing Pokemon from my storage boxes, trying to hatch eggs to just clear up space, and I've come across one Pokemon who is here to stay.

It's a Steelix that I caught on Iron Island, and it has served as my HM Slave. I have not used it for a while now.

I'm trying to release it, but whenever I give the release command, it shrinks, but then it returns and says "STEELIX came back! Was it worried about you?"

Why won't it be released? There's nothing illegitimate about it or anything, and no other Pokemon has done this. It can't have anything to do with being an HM Slave, since I released my other slave prior to this.

I suspect it's because the game needs me to have a Pokemon that knows those HM's, that way I'm not trapped in a certain area. But, I don't know for sure.

Has this ever happened to you? And if so, did you ever fix this problem?

Black Label
06-07-2010, 03:37 AM
I believe this problem is resolved by making sure another pokemon has the HM's that this Steelix has.

If it knows an HM no other pokemon you own has, it can't be released.

Kamoosekazi
06-07-2010, 05:23 AM
I believe this problem is resolved by making sure another pokemon has the HM's that this Steelix has.

that sounds dumb, but it's best to try it

v0ltage
06-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Actually i tried releasing a poochyena with no hms and it wouldn't let me, it was the last one in my box

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
06-07-2010, 07:56 AM

Yep, this is exactly right. =)

The pokemaster
06-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I never knew that before....
I wanna try it :D