PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Cobain to be played by an undeserving douche

George Jefferson
06-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Robert Pattinson (Of the vampire satire series Twilight Saga, which he plays an abusive vampire boyfriend who seems to be in a coma most of the time) is supposedly being considered to play the role of Kurt Cobain in a new Nirvana movie. Millions of fangirls (and fanboys, I am scared to say) will be jizzing their pants, while people with a higher intelligence and decency will be boycotting the decision (Hopefully. Come on, bros.)

That's what I've been hearing though, not TRULY confirmed.

pman
06-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Very old news dude...i read about this over 2 months ago..............Patison may actually do a good job as cobain, he did ok as diggory in HP

George Jefferson
06-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Very old news dude...i read about this over 2 months ago..............Patison may actually do a good job as cobain, he did ok as diggory in HP

What

gtfo you sinner

pman
06-07-2010, 07:23 AM
What

gtfo you sinner
I in no way support his acting in the twilight stuff but having said that, I havent actually seen any of those movies so i can't really comment bu i thought he was okay as cedric digory..........not great, ok.....the dark style that a cobain doco will have may actually suit him

George Jefferson
06-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Well, I'll take your word for it.

Seawolf
06-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Ugh, this is worse than what Guitar Hero 5 did to him. He deserves better.

burningzepp08
06-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Meh, i guess. It's only Kurt Cobain. We'll get to see Kurb Cobain/Twilight *** commit suicide :D

George Jefferson
06-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Meh, i guess. It's only Kurt Cobain. We'll get to see Kurb Cobain/Twilight *** commit suicide :D

Well, that's a positive, at least.

pman
06-07-2010, 09:19 AM
your going to call me a conspiracy theorist for this but hey, I've read the toxicology report etc and know what it means...

cobain actually had so much cocaine in his body when he apparently killed himself and at such a stage of absorbtion that he would have been unconscious....he therefore could not have shot himself, ergo, he was murdered

burningzepp08
06-07-2010, 10:46 AM
your going to call me a conspiracy theorist for this but hey, I've read the toxicology report etc and know what it means...

cobain actually had so much cocaine in his body when he apparently killed himself and at such a stage of absorbtion that he would have been unconscious....he therefore could not have shot himself, ergo, he was murdered

He did more heroine than cocaine.

MaskedJackal
06-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Kurt Cobain was one of the most overrated musicians of all time, so I don't really care.

NikoBelic999
06-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Kurt Cobain was one of the most overrated musicians of all time, so I don't really care.
Yeah, I gotta agree with you on that...^

Tombi
06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
This is the same as the rumour that

http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/new_moon_jacob_black_poster.jpg

will be playing

http://silenceinarchitecture.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/photo19.jpg

in a movie of his life.

Kardas the Great
06-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Robert Pattinson (Of the vampire satire series Twilight Saga, which he plays an abusive vampire boyfriend who seems to be in a coma most of the time) is supposedly being considered to play the role of Kurt Cobain in a new Nirvana movie. Millions of fangirls (and fanboys, I am scared to say) will be jizzing their pants, while people with a higher intelligence and decency will be boycotting the decision (Hopefully. Come on, bros.)

Why does Hollywood feel the need to rape this poor guys image? That song was an ANTI rape song, he didn't mean it literally!

Charbok
06-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Honestly, if he can pull off the accent, I think he could do really good job as Cobain. Cobain was an uncomfortable, weirdo sort of guy, and Pattinson (unintentionally) pulls that off really well I think. Plus his singing voice is very fit for Cobain.

Psychedelic Shroomish
06-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Undeserving douche played by undeserving douche.

Seems fitting to me?

Lord Fedora
06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Cobain haters, thank you for identifying yourself. I can now scorn you properly.

NikoBelic999
06-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Cobain haters, thank you for identifying yourself. I can now scorn you properly.
He was a drug-addled, washed up musician....But, someone else should play him...

Lord Fedora
06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
He was a drug-addled, washed up musician....But, someone else should play him...
On the first part you could say that about most good musicians, on the second that's an opinion that you're entitled to, but still earns you my scorn.

Pokemon_Ron
06-18-2010, 07:09 PM

Oh goddd, don't start this topic over again.

I agree with Austin, Robert could maybe pull it off.

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm not really seeing the problem, as Robert's acting is pretty similar to how Kurt actually acted in real life. He wasn't outgoing or anything, and didn't want to change for anyone. On top of that, with some facial hair and a new haircut, I think he could pull off the look just fine.

On a side note, **** all of you haters. Read his bio or some of the books written about him, the guy was an intellectual and a badass, and doesn't deserved to be mocked by a bunch of UNCULTURED SWINE.

NikoBelic999
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
He was very intellectual! *senses sarcasm*

If he is so smart then why did the idiot do cocaine? He isn't so smart. He really doesn't deserve a thing.

Tombi
06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
He was an alright musician. There have been thousands and thousands better. I think people are saying he doesn't deserve the hype because... in my eyes, he's mediocre. Not sure about anyone else here, but when I was younger and my friends were younger, we only knew Cobain as 'the druggy guy who shot himself and was well-known for doing so'.

Also, there's a conspiracy theory for every famous death, jeez...

burningzepp08
06-25-2010, 05:17 PM
This is the same as the rumour that

http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/new_moon_jacob_black_poster.jpg

will be playing

http://silenceinarchitecture.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/photo19.jpg

in a movie of his life.

No hell no. That's straight up troll.

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-25-2010, 08:52 PM
If he is so smart then why did the idiot do cocaine? He isn't so smart. He really doesn't deserve a thing.

And thats all you know about him.

Your one track mind won't let you see past that and open up to the messages he was really trying to convey. You're not even trying to understand what he went through in life and how he coped with it all, nor the legacy he left behind.

Just get out.

Finch
06-28-2010, 04:26 PM
...and how he coped with it all
Umn, he didn't?

Anyway, I think Pattinson would be OK for the reasons a few others have stated. His acting is as wooden as Cobain himself was, pretty much.

And I'd like to point out that Varg Vikernes, despite not being dead himself, is infamous for his misdemeanors and controversial background more than his music... Just as Cobain is. That's not to say either of them are/were bad musicians, I like them both. I just think it'd be fitting to give him the same Twilight treatment, in a strange way. xD

Retro-Smasher
07-01-2010, 02:11 AM

Ok, well, no. You know, what the f*ck! I am going to die if this is real. I would love to see the Nirvana movie, but not if THIS DO*CHE IS IN IT! I HATE THAT UGLY FREAK! HOW CAN HE PLAY KURT?!?!?! THIS HURTS ME INSIDE!!! Kthxbai
[/rant]