PDA

View Full Version : Who should I be?

v0ltage
06-10-2010, 04:22 PM
I've recently completed Pokemon Soul Silver and loved. I decided to play through PMD : Sky again, but I've faced a problem. I'm not sure who to be.
I've narrowed it down a bit to:
Treecko
Mudkip
Charmander
Torchic
Bulbasaur
Turtwig

I want to be any one of these. So I ask you, could you help me decide. You need need to say the partner as well, but that would help a lot, if you did. Try and think about the individual Pokemon and the dungeons in the games when you do. Thank you very much.

- v0ltage

Raiden
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
If I was you I'd choose Shinx and Torchic Or Mudkip But it's really up to you have fun with whatever you choose! :D

Operative
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Your second Pokemon should be able to handle what your first can't. So if your first is Fire then your second should be Grass to take out Water 'mon.

I wouldn't choose Shinx if I were you, but if you happen to REALLY want it, then choose Mudkip and Shinx. As Swampert is Water/Ground.

Options:

Shinx/Mudkip
Fire/Grass
Water/Fire
Grass/Water

v0ltage
06-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I've gotten rid of shinx and now i'm wondering, what is the best pokemon moves wise?

Tasteless
06-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Moveswise, out of what you've put up, Bulbasaur is nice because it gets Leech Seed and Sleep Powder both early, which are fairly powerful in this game (Leech Seed only for bosses/end fights) and gets a ranged attack (Razor Leaf) fairly early, at 19, but after that its moves aren't that useful.

Between Charmander and Torchic, Charmander learns Flamethrower earlier, but Torchic gets Quick Attack which is a useful range move. It's mostly worse until then.

For a partner, I usually recommend Riolu. In Sky, it starts with the egg move Bite along with its regular moves, it gets Force Palm at 11, and starts with Counter, making it pretty powerful.

If you don't carry a Pokemon that will ever learn a sleep move, Meowth actually isn't a horrible choice in Sky, as it gets the egg move Hypnosis to work with, which gives it a lot more utility. Meowmeow~

v0ltage
06-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I've decided to be Treecko and Mudkip and it's working out amazingly so far! Thanks for all your help!

skay_v13
06-20-2010, 12:12 PM
nice information..i'll try it..

Dark_Pikachu15
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
mudkip for sure he can learn ground moves and he's also da bomb digity:crackup:

Blackpaw Stormfeather
08-17-2010, 11:33 PM
mudkip for sure he can learn ground moves and he's also da bomb digity:crackup:
Eh, I agree. Mudkip for the starter and then Turtwig for a partner. Thats my team and I love it. Wipin the floor with Sky with this team!

malcuz
08-18-2010, 11:05 AM
In my opion I tried Shinx (the leader) and Treecko (the partner) and it goes great.

Kers
08-18-2010, 12:27 PM
i think he already picked seeing as this thread was made two months ago

Blackpaw Stormfeather
08-18-2010, 02:45 PM
i think he already picked seeing as this thread was made two months ago
We could still state our opinions.

Oh, and if you can, try to get Chickorita as a team member.