PDA

View Full Version : Team help: restructuring

KKranberry
06-11-2010, 09:10 PM
I've just beaten the Elite Four, and since I'm not satisfied with some of my team, I've decided to restructure.

My current team: (all are level 47)
Typhlosion: flamethrower, rollout, fire blast, dig
Aerodactyl: dragon pulse, crunch, ancientpower, fly
Lapras: surf, ice beam, brine, blizzard
Alakazam: psychic, future sight, shadow ball, flash
Ampharos: charge, discharge, signal beam, thunder
Heracross: night slash, close combat, reversal, earthquake

I'm not satisfied with aerodactyl, and I would really like to add in a dragonite somewhere. Also, I'm debating switching in heracross for a golem or rhyperior since I know my team is hugely weak to rock. However, I don't want to be stuck without a flier while waiting for dragonair to evolve, and I'm debating on whether or not I should switch typhlosion out for a charizard. Charizard and typhlosion are long time favorites of mine, and thy both have movepools I like.
Any and all advice is welcome. I should be able to get my hands on a protector to get a rhyperior since my brother has beaten all the gym leaders and has access to rock climb. I've already migrated my old charmeleon from leafgreen onto his game and traded it to mine. I
also accepting advice on movepools because I obviously have a few lackluster moves that I don't know what to change, but I mostly need help on which team members to include.

Tasteless
06-12-2010, 12:32 AM
I've just beaten the Elite Four, and since I'm not satisfied with some of my team, I've decided to restructure.

I'm not satisfied with aerodactyl, and I would really like to add in a dragonite somewhere. Also, I'm debating switching in heracross for a golem or rhyperior since I know my team is hugely weak to rock. However, I don't want to be stuck without a flier while waiting for dragonair to evolve, and I'm debating on whether or not I should switch typhlosion out for a charizard. Charizard and typhlosion are long time favorites of mine, and thy both have movepools I like.
Any and all advice is welcome. I should be able to get my hands on a protector to get a rhyperior since my brother has beaten all the gym leaders and has access to rock climb. I've already migrated my old charmeleon from leafgreen onto his game and traded it to mine. I
also accepting advice on movepools because I obviously have a few lackluster moves that I don't know what to change, but I mostly need help on which team members to include.

The issue with your Aerodactyl is that you are giving it special moves, and it has pitiful special attack.

But, in order to make it useful, you'd need to use a TM for Earthquake, and probably one for Rock Slide too, unless you want to wait for a high level.

Also if you want some coverage now in exchange for power, it can learn all 3 elemental fangs from the move tutor (they're level 1 moves, so he just needs to "remember" them).

He can also get Aqua Tail from the move tutor, I think that is from the battle frontier one.

Aerodactyl
-Dragon Pulse
-Fly
-Ancientpower
-Crunch

Change to:

Aerodactyl
-Earthquake / Any Elemental Fang that you want for coverage
-Fly (because you want it for ingame)
-Rock Slide
-Crunch / Iron Head

Aerodactyl is actually really powerful, but not when you make him use special attacks like Ancientpower and Dragon Pulse.

I'd keep Typhlosion over Charizard, since Typhlosion has everything good that Charizard does for ingame use, except it doesn't die in one hit to anything with a rock move.

For Typhlosion, I wouldn't keep BOTH Fire Blast and Flamethrower unless you find yourself running out of PP on Flamethrower a lot and need the extra fire move. You could replace one with Brick Break (TM/Fighting) or Shadow Claw (TM/Ghost). I would replace Dig with Earthquake if you can get your hands on a TM, though you might have to choose between using it on him or Aerodactyl if you don't have unlimited/hacked/traded TMs.

I would remove Future Sight from Alakazam and replace it with something more useful for type coverage. Some options are: Focus Blast (TM), Energy Ball (TM), Signal Beam (Tutor), Charge Beam (TM).
Same with Flash, unless you are keeping it for using in caves, in which case you still want it.

pkmnrulz
06-12-2010, 01:31 AM

you have a really decent party. Its hard to fit in Dragonite, so u might want to take out Ampharos because of its move pool which can be replace like this:
charge-dragon dance
thunder/discharge- thunder punch
and add whatever other moves you want like dragon claw and earthquake.

For Aerodactyl you just need physicaal attacks not special.

Heracross is great. You shouldn't replace it.

Typlosion is also great,but move set can change.
move set;
eruption
flamethrower
shadow ball
dig/earthquake/brick break
The rest of your pokemon are great