PDA

View Full Version : battlefield bad company 2 v.s modern warfare 2

pkmnrulz
06-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Modern Warfare and Bad Company 2 are both good online games. i have a simple question. Which game do you think has better online play.I say Bad Company 2. Also i would like people who played both games to post which is better.

Operative
06-26-2010, 10:50 PM
After playing both, Modern Warfare 2 got old and repetitive. It left a stale taste in my mouth especially when the only people playing the game are under 11 years old and like to talk about how great they are in the game only to get an average of 2 kills.

George Jefferson
06-26-2010, 11:16 PM
http://frederatorblogs.com/channel_frederator/files/2008/04/banner01a.jpg

/thread

Operative
06-26-2010, 11:36 PM

/thread

Win.

Woodchuck
06-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Even having only played the Bad Company 2 beta, it held my interest more, and was more enjoyable overall. MW2 has gotten a bit stale.

Stardy
06-27-2010, 12:12 PM

/thread
This.

Although if I had to pick one, I'd go with MW2. Because I haven't played BBC2.

Poltergeist
06-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Bad Company. Though I own the second BC, I do admit I haven't played it yet. I have played the first Bad Company, and Modern Warfare, and though MW was alright BC to me was like crack. I have the Bean Bullet Bandages trophy to prove it. Also, I played MW2 and my god do I hate that game.

NikoBelic999
06-28-2010, 09:48 PM
MW2 kinda sucks in my opinion. Bad Company is awesome, it doesn't get stale, and I don't get bored. It has action on every turn, not just shooting people for hours endlessly.

Daughter of Mew
06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Bad Company 2 is more fun if you're playing multiplayer alone, Modern Warfare 2 if you're playing multiplayer with friends.

NTT
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Halo 3>Team Fortress 2>Modern Warfare 2>Bad Company 2

That would be my order. But yeah, MW2 just engaged me more than BC2. I completed the campaign within a couple of days, commit to playing it online for another week, then traded it in for MS points. I was a big fan of BC1 and hoped that the sequel would really expand on it, but it just didn't do it for me.

Nirvash
07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
halo 3>team fortress 2>modern warfare 2>bad company 2

that would be my order. But yeah, mw2 just engaged me more than bc2. I completed the campaign within a couple of days, commit to playing it online for another week, then traded it in for ms points. I was a big fan of bc1 and hoped that the sequel would really expand on it, but it just didn't do it for me.

did you just say halo 3 is better than team fortress 2

Stardy
07-13-2010, 05:44 PM

That would be my order. But yeah, MW2 just engaged me more than BC2. I completed the campaign within a couple of days, commit to playing it online for another week, then traded it in for MS points. I was a big fan of BC1 and hoped that the sequel would really expand on it, but it just didn't do it for me.

Halo 3>Team Fortress 2

http://i26.tinypic.com/30ihrx2.jpg

NTT
07-24-2010, 07:14 PM
did you just say halo 3 is better than team fortress 2
Yes I did. Beats pretty much every other game I've played too. What can I say, I've always been a halo fanboy [=

Lol Stardy =P

Crystal-Wolf
07-24-2010, 08:11 PM
In my opinion ithink MW2 isbetter having play'd them both i got bored and tired of BC2 and kept playing MW2.

I alwas thought COD WOW was better than MW2 i sure hope they make a remake of COD WOW

George Jefferson
07-25-2010, 01:21 PM
NTT is officially dead to me.

Crystal-Wolf
07-25-2010, 02:37 PM

NTT has the best avatar and sig how can you say she is dead?

George Jefferson
07-25-2010, 03:35 PM

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:11AEaEXUofg2FM:http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/CrestfallKD/CornetteFace.jpg

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-25-2010, 05:24 PM
BFBC1 was really fun, and much better than MW2 in every way (hell, even graphics) so I imagine BFBC2 is also better.

I need to play Team Fortress 2 still; I'll probably be picking up The Orange Box on 360 soon. I'd like to get Halo: ODST and give the multiplayer and co-op a real chance. L4D/L4D2 are both serious fun as well, if not short but at least highly replayable. Hopefully I'll pick up MAG soon as well.

As far as FPS's this gen, for me, Killzone 2 has the best singleplayer campaign, Resistance 2 has the best co-op, and COD4/Resistance 2/Killzone 2 are all tied for best competitive multiplayer.

MW2 was fun with friends though.

LS
07-25-2010, 06:21 PM
BFBC1 was really fun, and much better than MW2 in every way (hell, even graphics) so I imagine BFBC2 is also better.

I need to play Team Fortress 2 still; I'll probably be picking up The Orange Box on 360 soon. I'd like to get Halo: ODST and give the multiplayer and co-op a real chance. L4D/L4D2 are both serious fun as well, if not short but at least highly replayable. Hopefully I'll pick up MAG soon as well.

As far as FPS's this gen, for me, Killzone 2 has the best singleplayer campaign, Resistance 2 has the best co-op, and COD4/Resistance 2/Killzone 2 are all tied for best competitive multiplayer.

MW2 was fun with friends though.

Resistance was alright.. Killzone... The controlls for that game were SO CLUNKY.. You couldn't even have fun in multiplayer or singleplayer with them.. MAG is an over rated lag fest. Modern Warefare 2 will reign supreme because it is easier to pick up and play. BF:BC2 is a better game I agree.. But MW2 is going to outlast all these games only because of the amount of fanboys and simple controlls. Oh and ofcourse the guns that kill in like a bullet from long distance which lets pretty much anyone get a good score at the game..

J

Orthar
07-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Resistance was alright.. Killzone... The controlls for that game were SO CLUNKY.. You couldn't even have fun in multiplayer or singleplayer with them.. MAG is an over rated lag fest. Modern Warefare 2 will reign supreme because it is easier to pick up and play. BF:BC2 is a better game I agree.. But MW2 is going to outlast all these games only because of the amount of fanboys and simple controlls. Oh and ofcourse the guns that kill in like a bullet from long distance which lets pretty much anyone get a good score at the game..

J

I agreed with everything except for the bolded statement. I've had MAG for about a month now, and not once have I run into a laggy game. It's smooth as silk, doesn't have nearly as many glitches as MW2, and encourages teamwork. MAG is a lot more fun to play than MW2 is.

Neo Emolga
07-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I've played both.

Modern Warfare 2 has a much better single player campaign, despite how unrealistic it is. BF:BC2's wasn't bad, but it wasn't the best I've ever seen either. The characters are funny and have good personality, but it isn't the most thrilling game I've ever played.

But in terms of online multiplayer...

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Pros

Maps are more open
Other people online tend to be more mature and tend to work more cooperatively than MW2
Weapons feel more balanced
Destructible buildings
Presence of vehicles and more gadgets

Cons

The maps are pretty boring
Tighter learning curve
Movement feels a little more "jerky."
The game feels a bit boring after you've unlocked all the weapons and there's nothing left to earn

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2

Pros

More weapons and more customization, though some guns are obviously better than others
Tends to have more action, and gets you back into the fight usually very quickly after dying
Has more modes of play as opposed to BF:BC2
Kill streak rewards
Perks for character customization

Cons

Horrible online community. Most people who play seem to be way lower than what the ESRB rating recommends
Enormous amount of grenade and grenade launcher use
Excessive camping (though I'd much rather be killed by a camper than a grenade launcher)
Excessive amount of knifing, which seems to be much too quick to be realistic
Some maps just feel way too small

But in truth, both of them are good games in their own rights, and they're both different from each other. Its not so much a matter of which one is better. Some people will obviously like one over the other depending on their play style and so on.

NTT
08-21-2010, 07:13 PM

Ah well =P

I'm male [=