PDA

View Full Version : Battle Tower Teams?

Deoxys Ribonuke
06-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Hey, trying my best to get to the 2nd round of Palmer in the Battle Tower on my SoulSilver, though my confidence balks at the thought of facing his Heatran and Regigigas... My team currently stands as this:

Infernape @Choice Specs
64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe (iirc...)
- Flamethrower
- HP Ice
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat

Milotic @Chesto Berry (Thinking of changing to Wide Specs, to aid Hypnosis)
(Don't remember her EV's. Grr. Dx )
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Hypnosis

Garchomp @Brightpowder (Probably gonna change this item; hasn't done much aid for me.)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge (Thinking of changing to Rock Slide)

As bulkily awesome as Milotic is, her lack of diversity in offensive moves is a pain in the Feebas (*cue wah-wah trumpet!*), so I might want to replace her with another water type that's fairly bulky, but can still pack a punch with a broad moveset.

Ideas on some things I can do to fix this team? (Keep in mind, this is for the computer-controlled Battle Tower, not competetive play.)

Merci beaucoup in advance. ^^

iChaos
07-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Lol, you got to his first round, I can't even get to the first, the team seems pretty good to me! :)

Tsujin
07-01-2010, 06:57 AM
You could try a Starmie? I use 2 different Starmie's.

Starmie @ Lifeorb
6 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Packs a pretty good punch and my second one is a revenge killer

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
6 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Surf
-ThunderBolt
-Trick
-Recover

The idea is to either lead and trick and then attack
or come in as a revenge killer and trick then attack.

Thats the only water type I really use though.
Another good one would be Swampert seeing as he's a dual Water/Ground type and isn't affected by electric types.

I currently use a rotation of about 9 pokes for the battle tower and i'm working on my second Palmer visit as well. I use Dragonite, Gengar, Blissey, Snorlax, Porygon-Z, Starmie, Infernape, Weavile, and Swampert. You could also always try smogon and see what water types look good to you.

Deoxys Ribonuke
07-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Lol, you got to his first round, I can't even get to the first, the team seems pretty good to me! :)

Heh, thanks. ^^ I tested it out, and it seems to be working pretty well.

You could try a Starmie? I use 2 different Starmie's.

Starmie @ Lifeorb
6 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Packs a pretty good punch and my second one is a revenge killer

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
6 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Surf
-ThunderBolt
-Trick
-Recover

The idea is to either lead and trick and then attack
or come in as a revenge killer and trick then attack.

Thats the only water type I really use though.
Another good one would be Swampert seeing as he's a dual Water/Ground type and isn't affected by electric types.

I currently use a rotation of about 9 pokes for the battle tower and i'm working on my second Palmer visit as well. I use Dragonite, Gengar, Blissey, Snorlax, Porygon-Z, Starmie, Infernape, Weavile, and Swampert. You could also always try smogon and see what water types look good to you.

Ahhh, I see. 8o

Well, I took your suggestion on Choice Scarf Starmie, and it seems to be working pretty well so far! ^^ Merci!

3m0d0ll
07-07-2010, 03:22 AM
That's a pretty solid team! All of them are strong against Fire, which is a very common Pokemon and move type.
But the huge important main flaw is the moves aren't very diverse. If one of your weaknesses shows up, you have to switch to keep yourself alive!
Instead of Milotic, use Gyrados and teach him Earthquake to nab those Ele-types. The Waterfall/Aqua Tail (Not Surf unless you have a SpAtt upping nature) and Ice Fang. The next move slot can be for Thunder Fang since you don't have any Electric Type moves or a stat move like Dragon Dance. Again, not Dragon Pulse unless you have a nature that bumps your SpAtt Stat.
Since you'll have Ice Fang, there is no need for Infernape's HP. But if I were you, I'd trash Grass Knot instead and pop in Shadow Claw.
You have a weakness to Ice types in Garchomp. Infernape may beat them with his Flamethrower/Close Combat but if you're up against a Cloyster, you're screwed.
Of course, every team has it's pros and cons, but with the right move sets, even that will be irrelevant.