PDA

View Full Version : Close.

NikoBelic999
07-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Ever wanted to talk about Guitar Hero? Knew some threads, but they were too old? If you answered yes, then this is the place to be.

I am trying to beat Satch Boogie, but the song is really annoying on hard. I guess I'll keep trying.

Beat my record of 23,000 on Cliffs of Dover on Medium, and Beat my record of 25,000 on Hard. 25,513 on Medium, and 26,129 on Hard.

Pokemon_Ron
07-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I used to play Guitar Hero before I discovered good games.

Broderick
07-07-2010, 07:18 PM
I used to play Guitar Hero before I discovered good games.

This, except I'm still in the guitar hero stage.

I play Expert well. I'll leave it at that. If I really tried I could FC quite a few songs, but eh. I play this for fun.

Pokemon_Ron
07-07-2010, 07:21 PM
This, except I'm still in the guitar hero stage.

I play Expert well. I'll leave it at that. If I really tried I could FC quite a few songs, but eh. I play this for fun.

I only play Expert as well, but I play it more casual. I play it when friends are over and ****, or when I have parties. But instead of GuitarHero, I usually just break out Rock Band.

Broderick
07-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I only play Expert as well, but I play it more casual. I play it when friends are over and ****, or when I have parties. But instead of GuitarHero, I usually just break out Rock Band.

Rock Band was the first of these types of games that I had when the first one came out for Wii. Good times. I don't like the way they chart songs in the Rock Band games though, I prefer the circular notes. They have some good songs in RB though. :D

Pokemon_Ron
07-08-2010, 02:47 AM
Rock Band was the first of these types of games that I had when the first one came out for Wii. Good times. I don't like the way they chart songs in the Rock Band games though, I prefer the circular notes. They have some good songs in RB though. :D

In my eyes, I feel like RB is trying to innovate after each game, while Guitar Hero(Activision) isn't doing any big changes to the game, and just milking the franchise to death.

NikoBelic999
07-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Rock Band is trying to get the fame and money amounts that Guitar Hero (Activision) is making, therefore, RB had stolen the idea for this purpose.

Pokemon_Ron
07-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Rock Band is trying to get the fame and money amounts that Guitar Hero (Activision) is making, therefore, RB had stolen the idea for this purpose.

Lol....WHAT!? Did you know that before Activision started making the GH games, that Harmonix(creator of RB) and Red Octane made them? Get yo' facts straight.

Broderick
07-08-2010, 04:22 AM

If anything, Guitar Hero is stealing **** from Rock Band now, with GH5. I'm looking at the song list, and it looks like it belongs in RB. Guitar Hero has always been more leaned towards heavy rock and metal, while Rock Band took a more innovative approach and just charted songs that people WANT to play, and liked. You notice there are a lot more early 90's music, and old classics on there.