PDA

View Full Version : Bikes

Broderick
07-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Purpose A:
What kind of bike do you ride? Mountain Bike, BMX, Cruiser, etc.? I have a Giant brand 26" Mountain bike, 21 speed iirc. It's been a while since I rode it since it needs some work, but it's pretty nice. I can't remember all the specs.

Purpose B:
Alright, this thread is going to serve two purposes. First off, I need some help choosing a bike; I have a mountain bike, but lately have been reminded of my old neighborhood where I used to rip **** up with my mongoose, go off jumps, skid for as long as possible... etc., and I want to get a Freestyle/BMX bike again. However, after 5 years passing, that also means an extra 60 pounds, and more wear on the bike, considering what I'll probably do to it. What I need help with is just... what should I get? I'm looking into a Redline since my friend has one, and it's very nice. However, it was also around $400, and I don't have that kind of money. I need something sturdy and reliable, so yeah. Just give me a good brand, and I'll look into it. I'm looking to spend around or less than $250.
EDIT: I did a bit more research... anybody know about the Diamondback Grind? Is it good?

Pokemon_Ron
07-18-2010, 03:35 AM
When it was the "in" thing to do in my neighborhood, in my early teens I used to ride a Mongoose bmx bike. God, I loved that thing....

Broderick
07-18-2010, 03:38 AM
When it was the "in" thing to do in my neighborhood, in my early teens I used to ride a Mongoose bmx bike. God, I loved that thing....

Yeah, I remember, good times. I had an old Mongoose too. I rode that thing all day almost every day during the summer, haha. Then I went off a jump and part of the weld that connects the main frame to the handle bars cracked... That's why I'm looking for a reliable bike, and not just going out and buying a Mongoose for $120. :P

Pokemon_Ron
07-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Yeah, I remember, good times. I had an old Mongoose too. I rode that thing all day almost every day during the summer, haha. Then I went off a jump and part of the weld that connects the main frame to the handle bars cracked... That's why I'm looking for a reliable bike, and not just going out and buying a Mongoose for $120. :P

Ahaha, i remember me and my buddies used to go crazy on ramps. Eventually, I got a dirtbike and blew them bikes in the dust :p

Broderick
07-18-2010, 04:33 AM
Ahaha, i remember me and my buddies used to go crazy on ramps. Eventually, I got a dirtbike and blew them bikes in the dust :p

Yeah, I've been more in to skateboarding lately, but I just suck really bad. I'm a clumsy person normally, skateboarding I've found really isn't for me. :P I always felt more natural on a bike.