PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon XD Graphics.

Cherries
07-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Who thinks Pokemon XD graphics are the best, and they should make the gba/ds games like it also? :O?

Operative
07-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Nobody. Pokemon games should have been left 2D.

Consoles are fine, but migrating it over to the handhelds, it's not the same. :F

Cherries
07-24-2010, 12:28 AM

Consoles are fine, but migrating it over to the handhelds, it's not the same. :F

well, i see what you mean by that and i never thought of this till now but i think thye kept the pokemon graphics to a minimum and only worked on tehre sprites for this reason :O that people like 3D sprits and 2D battling, 3D towns and adventure outside of battle, thats kewl tho, also the XD battle system is totaly epic, and you cant say its not.

Operative
07-24-2010, 12:32 AM
well, i see what you mean by that and i never thought of this till now but i think thye kept the pokemon graphics to a minimum and only worked on tehre sprites for this reason :O that people like 3D sprits and 2D battling, 3D towns and adventure outside of battle, thats kewl tho, also the XD battle system is totaly epic, and you cant say its not.

It's exactly like the normal battle system, though. Except the 'Run' option is replaced with 'Call.' And I got pretty annoyed how almost every battle was double. =_=

And shadow moves were really annoying.

Though, I do admit I did like XD in General.

Cherries
07-24-2010, 12:40 AM
It's exactly like the normal battle system, though. Except the 'Run' option is replaced with 'Call.' And I got pretty annoyed how almost every battle was double. =_=

And shadow moves were really annoying.

Though, I do admit I did like XD in General.
Agreed I like the game the double battles were just another way to strategize and learn what to do at certain points. Also I love the plot Could be the BEST pokemon plot in the entire history. Aswell as the maps. Very Creative and interseting, Agreed?

The pokemaster
07-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Here here.

Marshmallow Pope
07-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Well with the 3DS coming out and it having a joy stick, it can be more reasonable to have a 3-D R/S re-make which would be pretty kick @ss if you ask me. It's supposed to handle those graphics anyways and it could be a good change of pace aside from a grid-like path, we could actually have new gameplay elements.

Skylands
07-24-2010, 02:30 PM
The graphics of the world outside from the battles are basically the same as Colosseum.

Operative
07-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Eh, the plot. It's probably the ONLY pokemon game with a plot, anyways. Even though I got tired of fighting the same people with different hair colour over and over again. Not to mention it got overly repetitive when you'd run around a building and they'd appear out of nowhere.

Well. I won't say I'm a HUGE fan of the maps, but they were nice compared to Colloseums. But, they were still unbelievably small and could have been much larger. :P

Marshmallow Pope
07-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Eh, the plot. It's probably the ONLY pokemon game with a plot, anyways. Even though I got tired of fighting the same people with different hair colour over and over again. Not to mention it got overly repetitive when you'd run around a building and they'd appear out of nowhere.

Well. I won't say I'm a HUGE fan of the maps, but they were nice compared to Colloseums. But, they were still unbelievably small and could have been much larger. :P

True, but there were some trainers that were just like the ones on the handheld versions where they had an exclamation mark pop up over their head and they walk up to you. If they'd make the maps bigger, have some elements relating to the classics, and bring in some new gameplay from being in 3-D then it could become a good 3DS game.

Cherries
07-24-2010, 10:54 PM

True but the game is still overall prolly a 7.5/10 by my standards.

Winter
07-25-2010, 04:32 AM
Maybe so, but you have to remember it was an older game, so it's probably not up to everyone's standards today, though I will admit I loved the fact the game actually had a plot rather than just run around and become a pokemon master like all the other games. Not to mention I liked how the 3D brought things to life(it was my second-ever pokemon game, after FR), and I remember being really, really mad at my stepmom when she lost it, so I rebought it last year just so I could finish the game my stepmom lost four or five years ago.

Honestly I'd kill for something like XD to come out for the Wii since Battle Revolution was an utter fail in keeping my intrest, but yeah, it would work nicely for the 3DS too.

Cherries
07-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Maybe so, but you have to remember it was an older game, so it's probably not up to everyone's standards today, though I will admit I loved the fact the game actually had a plot rather than just run around and become a pokemon master like all the other games. Not to mention I liked how the 3D brought things to life(it was my second-ever pokemon game, after FR), and I remember being really, really mad at my stepmom when she lost it, so I rebought it last year just so I could finish the game my stepmom lost four or five years ago.

Honestly I'd kill for something like XD to come out for the Wii since Battle Revolution was an utter fail in keeping my intrest, but yeah, it would work nicely for the 3DS too.
:O Your stepmoms a douchebag lol.

TO think you went out a RE BOUGHT the game shows how much of a die-heart poke'fan you are, and im glad someone agrees with me when i said they like the plot and such. :)

(hence maybe its our names??):P

Dartz
07-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Actually , its graphics are good in 2D but Nothing in 3D

Crystal-Wolf
07-25-2010, 07:58 PM
I quite like the games graphics good for a game on gamecube or whatever it is on.

Cherries
07-25-2010, 08:26 PM
I quite like the games graphics good for a game on gamecube or whatever it is on.
It is on gamecube, and it is a change that I like.

Winter
07-26-2010, 04:39 AM
:O Your stepmoms a douchebag lol.

TO think you went out a RE BOUGHT the game shows how much of a die-heart poke'fan you are, and im glad someone agrees with me when i said they like the plot and such. :)

(hence maybe its our names??):P
XD She is NOT! We just have a ton of crap in our house, and she managed to lose it with all the moving around we did about a year later.

But yeah, I liked it, and wanted to finally finish the game, which I almost had done anyway, and only found out later. I was all excited when I heard aout BR, thinking it would be similar, only to be severly disappointed. And I dunno, I kinda like seeing things with more detail than them just being flat.

Cherries
07-26-2010, 02:28 PM
XD She is NOT! We just have a ton of crap in our house, and she managed to lose it with all the moving around we did about a year later.

But yeah, I liked it, and wanted to finally finish the game, which I almost had done anyway, and only found out later. I was all excited when I heard aout BR, thinking it would be similar, only to be severly disappointed. And I dunno, I kinda like seeing things with more detail than them just being flat.
What was battle revolution o.o/ I never played it and I have no idea what it was like.

Details Please?

Operative
07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Pokemon Battle Revolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Battle_Revolution)

tl;dr It sucked.

Winter
07-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Pokemon Battle Revolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_Battle_Revolution)

tl;dr It sucked.
AGREED! It was for the Wii, it was what actually tipped off me and my siblings we were getting a Wii for Christmas that year because my Uncle sent it for us and my little brother saw it. I was all excited because the characters were supposed to be customizeable and you could use your teams from your DS games, but when it turned out to be just battling through different places for points and your pokemon didn't even get EXP, I dropped it after hitting the colleseum where you have to pick your pokemon off a wheel. I ended up hating it.

I actually think Pokemon Snap for the N64 that we ended up downloading for the Wii was better, and all you do in there is take pictures. The graphics for it were amazing as well, everything moved and looked really nice, and it's an older game, so I was kinda of surprised.

Cherries
07-27-2010, 03:12 PM
AGREED! It was for the Wii, it was what actually tipped off me and my siblings we were getting a Wii for Christmas that year because my Uncle sent it for us and my little brother saw it. I was all excited because the characters were supposed to be customizeable and you could use your teams from your DS games, but when it turned out to be just battling through different places for points and your pokemon didn't even get EXP, I dropped it after hitting the colleseum where you have to pick your pokemon off a wheel. I ended up hating it.

I actually think Pokemon Snap for the N64 that we ended up downloading for the Wii was better, and all you do in there is take pictures. The graphics for it were amazing as well, everything moved and looked really nice, and it's an older game, so I was kinda of surprised.
Lol taking pictures of pokemon seems well idk.. find of slow and boring I wanna pewpewpwn some pokepokes

Winter
07-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Eh, maybe it's just because I want to be a games designer, but I tend to look more into the graphics than fighting, even in pokemon. :) It was actually pretty cool, you had to be creative to get pics of certain ones, and there was real action behind it all, like you were actually in an envionment with pokemon in it. Much better than Battle Revolution, at least.

Cherries
07-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Eh, maybe it's just because I want to be a games designer, but I tend to look more into the graphics than fighting, even in pokemon. :) It was actually pretty cool, you had to be creative to get pics of certain ones, and there was real action behind it all, like you were actually in an envionment with pokemon in it. Much better than Battle Revolution, at least.
True I guess so wasnt htat like a nintendo game tho?

Mudkippy
10-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Oh my I've never played XD