PDA

View Full Version : What is PKRS??

ash_ketchup
07-27-2010, 12:19 AM
What is PKRS?? i dont really understand it. i found out my pokemon got it when i went to the pokecenter. I know its a good thing. but what exactly does it do for my pokemon??

Etymology
07-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Doubles the amount of EVs your Pokemon recieves from battle.

Sakuya_Izayoi
07-27-2010, 12:25 AM
What is PKRS?? i dont really understand it. i found out my pokemon got it when i went to the pokecenter. I know its a good thing. but what exactly does it do for my pokemon??

PKRS is Pokerus. I'm just telling you the meaning.

ash_ketchup
07-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Doubles the amount of EVs your Pokemon recieves from battle.

ohhh okay. how long does it stay?

Etymology
07-27-2010, 12:46 AM
It spreads for one day, but a Pokemon that has had the condition will recieve double EVs all its life.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
07-27-2010, 12:54 AM
It stays active for around 2 days, in which time it can be spread to other members of your party by having an infected Pokemon in your party and battling. Any Pokemon with the purple "PKRS" button in their stats has the active virus.

After around 2 days, the virus is no longer spreadable to other Pokemon. There'll be a little smiley face that looks like :| in your Pokemon's stats instead. While you can't spread the virus anymore, the effects will stay with any infected Pokemon forever. So they will always gain double the EVs.

If you place a Pokemon with PokeRus in the PC then the virus will not go away. That way you can use that Pokemon to spread it to other members of your party later on if you ever need it.

The best thing to do is infect a few Pokemon, at least 6, and stick them in your PC. Don't remove them unless you want to infect other Pokemon. That way you'll never lose the virus. =)

Mr420
07-27-2010, 05:26 PM
contrary to what you hear and read,
I have discovered a way for the PKRS virus to extend its active lifespan.
But sadly it can only be done thus far on D/P/PT only.

As you enter Eterna forest, you'll be approached by Cheryl, While Cheryl is with you, you'll also enjoy the benefit of having your Pokemon fully healed after each battle.
This is the 1st of several double trainer battles in these version of games.If I remember correctly there are sections where you are accompanied by a trainer like Mt Corronet/VictoryRoad and Stark Mountain With Buck.

My Thoery (proven successful) is that each of these trainers needs you to lead them out of what ever corresponding scenario (if you're with Buck he wants you to help him fight off Team Galactic in Stark Mountain)
(^Cheryl wants out of Etarna forest.)
if you DON'T assist with thier request you can in thoery abuse this.
each of these trainers will heal your pokes after each battle. In theory acting as a PC for your PKRS virus. therefore allowing longer use of your PKRS

You can always backtrack from eterna Forest & leave Cheryl in the Forest and get a new party (but leaving one infected mon)to continue to infect & raise pokemon..
My strategy will prove that the Virus + double tranier battles will Extend the Virus Lifespan to a little over a week...the 1st time I attemped this, the virus was active on my host for a month.

Tasteless
07-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure why you'd need to extend the active life. You only need ONE Pokemon to keep the virus. Take it out of the PC whenever you want, just don't let the clock roll around 12:00am when it's out of the box.

The virus is always "active" once you infect a Pokemon. They gain double EVs FOREVER. No need to attempt to exploit double battles to do something you could do by being smart and not leaving a Pokemon out of the box at midnight.

Judgmental Arceus
07-27-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure why you'd need to extend the active life. You only need ONE Pokemon to keep the virus. Take it out of the PC whenever you want, just don't let the clock roll around 12:00am when it's out of the box.

The virus is always "active" once you infect a Pokemon. They gain double EVs FOREVER. No need to attempt to exploit double battles to do something you could do by being smart and not leaving a Pokemon out of the box at midnight.

I'm pretty sure he's referencing a potential method to extend the contamination phase, though simply leaving an effected pokémon in the computer is the most practical and logical method.

Mr420
07-28-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty sure he's referencing a potential method to extend the contamination phase, though simply leaving an effected pokémon in the computer is the most practical and logical method.

thanx arcemegus, Im only stating the FACTS. its not often that new info is put out there for new readers.
Its always the same old same old. I mean every thing posted above minus my post have been stated and or found easily elsewhere.
Again. no disrespsct to any of you readers. but Im just posting something that can be potentially be one of those " well no one ever told me about that"

the 1st pokemon I ever tried this out with was my Staraptor. I was surprised that It stayed active for about a month. I then tried to reference any mention of MY findings.. and you wont find it anywhere else as maybe it has not been discovered or people just stick to practicality, and keep it in the PC.

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.:thpoke_177: