PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst stages to Brawl on

Judgmental Arceus
07-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Didn't see a thread for this so I thought I'd make one.
What, in your opinion, are the best and worst stages to brawl on?
Favorite stages can also be included.

Best stage is probably Final Destination because the small size of the stage prevents camping (standing around) and promotes more fighting. Recovery is difficult if caught underneath the stage, but that's fault of the player, not the stage

Worst stage would be Flat Zone 2 or Rumble Falls. Flat Zone 2 is a little too small and has numerous hazards. It's also a bad place to play as Sonic due to being able to dash off the sides of the stage. Rumble Falls also sucks because the stage promotes more running to keep up with the stage than brawling. Also there is a spike on the stage that can potentially OHKO a person.

My favorite stage is probably Halberd or Spear Pillar. The stage hazards are not game-breaking and they are avoidable. Simply avoiding the combo cannon and Palkia/Dialga's Hyper Beam will make fighting easy.

General Dunsparce
07-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Neutral Stages:
Final Destination, Smashville, Battle field Pokemon Stadium (Melee) and Yoshi's Island

Counter Pick Stages:
Delfino Plaza, Frigate, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium (brawl) Castel Siege, Picto Chat, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar

Banned Stages:
Everything else (laziness rofl)

So, iirc, these are the exact stage choices for competitive play. The neutral stages are the ones you play on round one, seeing how they're the basic stage and good to start off on. The counterpick stages are stages you can chose to fight on if you lose round 1. As long as your opponent doesn't ban the stage you want, you can go to that stage. Banned stages... Well competitive play doesn't really call for that so no deal.

Personally I'm a fan of my favorite CP stage PS1 (Pokemon Stadium Melee) Lucas is just so pro there because he can wall lock and do all of his ATs that allow him to camp. But if we're talking about Neutrals... Then Battle Field because I found an advanced technique that really helps lucas there. The worst stage to brawl on, competitive-wise, for me is Rainbow cruise. Cause you fight a Metaknight there... Well its game over.

Cherries
07-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Neutral Stages:
Final Destination, Smashville, Battle field Pokemon Stadium (Melee) and Yoshi's Island

Counter Pick Stages:
Delfino Plaza, Frigate, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium (brawl) Castel Siege, Picto Chat, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar

Banned Stages:
Everything else (laziness rofl)

So, iirc, these are the exact stage choices for competitive play. The neutral stages are the ones you play on round one, seeing how they're the basic stage and good to start off on. The counterpick stages are stages you can chose to fight on if you lose round 1. As long as your opponent doesn't ban the stage you want, you can go to that stage. Banned stages... Well competitive play doesn't really call for that so no deal.

Personally I'm a fan of my favorite CP stage PS1 (Pokemon Stadium Melee) Lucas is just so pro there because he can wall lock and do all of his ATs that allow him to camp. But if we're talking about Neutrals... Then Battle Field because I found an advanced technique that really helps lucas there. The worst stage to brawl on, competitive-wise, for me is Rainbow cruise. Cause you fight a Metaknight there... Well its game over.

I love final destinatipon ;o my favorite place to battle no trickery just real skill.

Compound Pain
08-29-2010, 12:06 PM
I hate the kind of stages that always move.

My favourite has to be final destination.

atucker22
09-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I hate the kind of stages that always move.

I completely agree. Moving stages suck bad. My favorites are WarioWare, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, and Luigi's Mansion

Gaia
09-25-2010, 12:48 AM
I especially love Delfino Plaza. Sunshine was a favourite game of mine. :)

I -despise- Capt. Falcon stages. It's so hectic, it makes me puke. :P

Master Zorua
09-26-2010, 02:08 AM
I love the Animal Crossing stage.

My most hated stage is actually one I made while thinking up the most insane stage ever. Nothing but conveyor belts, spikes and moving platforms. I named it Pure Evil. :twisted:

pkmnrulz
09-27-2010, 03:16 AM
i love temple, but don't like small stages like final destination.

i2needspeed
09-27-2010, 03:25 AM
I like Final Destination (Quite obvious) and Lylat System (lol on the background) but not Mario Bros. (Hard to maneuver and very crowed). Thats all I have to say.

Doodlebop
09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Any stage that, like, scrolls or moves. THAT MEANS YOU, DK FALLS, MUSHROOMY KINGDOM.

*cough* Anyway...

I like Final Destination and Castle Siege. Halberd is also pretty fun to play on. I often play on the Bridge Of Eldin or on the Pirate Ship, because I'm a Legend Of Zelda fanatic. I'm not big on Temple. I tend to just kinda stand around and shoot people full of arrows when they try to come near. And that's boring, though effective. :P

Operative
09-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, and Temple are definitely my top favourite stages to brawl on.

Rainbow Cruise, Mushroomy Kingdom, and DK Falls are my least favourite. SO MUCH MOVING.

Doodlebop
09-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Ack, how could I forget Rainbow Cruise?!? HATEHATEHATE

Also, a lot of people don't seem to like Hanenbow. I dunno.

I also have the tendency to die magnificently on the Flat Zone stages when I play as Sonic. x.X

Rival Silver
09-30-2010, 02:16 AM
Stages that move, I'm ok that if it just generally shifts, but ones that always constantly move make you focus what obsticle you have to jump on or something just to keep you off track from the brawl.

Final Destination is always the winnest stage. May be small but once you knock them down you know what ledge they will grab and where they will fall if they get above it.

Gokudera-Kun
09-30-2010, 02:18 AM
I swear I posted here already.

Anyway, Final Destination, Green Hill Zone, Shadow Moses Island, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Battlefield, Big Blue, and Port City are the only enabled stages in the Random Stage Selection menu.

I hate New Pork City, Brinstar, Temple, and DK Falls.

Ridley
10-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Best stage is your CD Factory.

Admit it.

Kat Inverse
10-07-2010, 12:07 AM
Well, best level I think is FD for basic. For me its shadow Moses its really hard to camp here. Levels I hate anything large, Donkey kong classic, Mario bros(Stupid turtles), and Wario Ware