PDA

View Full Version : Anime project 2010

superdude44
07-29-2010, 03:41 PM
This is the best place I could find to put it. If it does not go here, please move it. thanks ^_^

Intro

Hello, I'm Superdude44, some know me as super, or jake. I've been Rping for a while and I've drawn for even longer. I have experience with graphic work and love to work on Computers. Enough about me, whats the point of this thread anyways? Well, Some may know of an RPG it is call Powerz academy. Let my brief you up on it's history. This RPG was created by me a year or so ago on a website known as TEF (total entertainment forums) It had over 1,000 posts. To this day it is active on VMKM. It isn't doing as well as it was previously but it gets enough posts to sustain itself. Still confused? Well, Due to recent activity on my thread, several things have been accomplished. Many members who post on Powerz have powerz banners/userbars in there sig, A book has been atempted and now is being re-made, and the most important an atempt to make an anime. It will be posted on youtube, and hopefully will become more popular from there. Is this finnally what was trying to be said all along? of course it is! Why here? I need help, making an anime is VERY difficult. You need artists people who can animate, actors, and a director.

roles
Rolls, like what you eat? Nope! roles, as in what people do to help
Director: superdude44 (thats me)
Voice actors: Superdude44, Clueless, Snowtigerz, my brother (Josh), and my friend who isn't on VMKM.
Artists: Superdude44
Animators: None

We still need lots of help, if you are able to do any of these things please say so. So far these are mostly people from VMKM.

Ideas

Opening theme

The school apears, it gets closer and closer, as it gets closer the you can tell that the doors are open. the camera brings you through the hallways, It shows colt waving, his left hand shutting his locker, it show blake and claira kissing, mark in animal form and haylee in her locker. the camera moves outside. Kyler, aria, and andrew are out there, as it continues to the beach , where the remaining characters are hanging out. It fades and when It reapears, it shows the front of the school, all the characters are sitting out front. While it shows the characters It also shows who plays them.

episode one, basic plot

1st episode

*Opening theme ends*

Mark heads into the school. He see's claira, andrew and alexa. The screen changes to quad view and shows them getting their keys, heading in their rooms, and ends with them unpacking. The screen fade and when the image apears it shows mark looking at the lake. Claira and alexa apear and immediatly start a conversation. After an hour or so, andrew apears and starts talking. The screen fades once the say good-bye and head to sleep around midnight.

Form
Name:
Talent:
Role(s)
Examples:

Progress
Art
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/superdude44/colt.png Colt
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/superdude44/Alexa.png Alexa

Please help, we need it...

Sakuya_Izayoi
07-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I'd assume you'd also might need more characters. ^^" But I have a drawing style that will probably not be acceptable for PA. :I Whatever the reason, I just want to cameo. XD But if you want, you may accept me, but only as a cameo for a few episodes (like Alfred Hitchcock. Ha ha ha ha ha! XD).

superdude44
07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes, I'm still making the rest of the characters. As for the first episode, it's being elaborated on.

Kenny_C.002
07-30-2010, 01:33 AM
I like the ambition involved and there is a chance for projects to work out great. However, there are quite a few things that you should get cleared up first:

How are you making the anime?
How will plot be written? For example, most anime/manga start in episodic format (things happen episode to episode with little connection) and then slowly progress into arc formats (long planned out plots that arc over 10's of episodes).
Once that is decided, who will be the major scenario writer for each ep? Planning episodes are completely different from planning episode ideas and arcs. The attention to detail is much higher because...
Who will be the key screens person? The most important job in an anime, and the skillset is important when you are trying to answer the very first question, as it changes with the format you choose.

superdude44
07-30-2010, 05:03 AM
Not quite sure how to make that acctual anime itself, but I'm planning and willing to learn as I progress
To be honest I was just planning on Writing it, editing it, and then elaborating it.
I was thinking one of my good friends, Her username is Redwall, could help with that. She is awesome at writing, esspecially in detail.
I'm not quite sure how to answer that without knowing what a screens person is.

Thanks for the questions, I really like how you've helped. It has helped me understand a little more what is involved in making this.

Sakuya_Izayoi
07-30-2010, 05:15 AM
Not quite sure how to make that acctual anime itself, but I'm planning and willing to learn as I progress
To be honest I was just planning on Writing it, editing it, and then elaborating it.
I was thinking one of my good friends, Her username is Redwall, could help with that. She is awesome at writing, esspecially in detail.
I'm not quite sure how to answer that without knowing what a screens person is.

Thanks for the questions, I really like how you've helped. It has helped me understand a little more what is involved in making this.

You might also want a SFX person for the anime if it's gonna have action. I may also want to make some characters...

superdude44
07-30-2010, 05:33 AM
or, use some kind of item, that sounds like the sounds. I have made another character. I'll try to upload him soon. The four main characters are Mark (I haven't drawn him), Claira (she isn't up there either), Alexa, and Andrew (the one I'm uploading.) http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/superdude44/Andrew.png

Kenny_C.002
09-25-2010, 05:42 PM
It's called a "key screens" person. That person draws the "most important" frames of an episode of anime in a storyboard format. That person then draws each key screen out in full detail and sets the TIME it takes to go from one screen to the next. Then other people (grunts) fill in the blanks in between key screens.

Example: Guy who was sitting down gets up:
The two "key screens" are when the guy's sitting down, and after he finishes getting up. People fill in the blanks in between that at about 20 frames per second.

This is a very traditional method in animation, still used by real studios today. Because of how labour intensive a traditional method is going to be, DO NOT DO IT! The animation companies can do it because they have the manpower and a talented key screener.

Instead, get flash and flash-ify your characters. Key screening still happens, but since flash automates the "in-betweens", you'll have a less stressful time overall, despite the fact that the actual key screens are going to be a lot more work. Check places like Legendaryfrog to see what it would look like. According to my friend (who's in the animation business), this is the easiest method to animate, but also obviously comes out looking the worst.