PDA

View Full Version : Simple Ipod Questions

MYSTRY MEW
08-01-2010, 01:01 AM
My ipod's headphone jack has some problems. Sometimes the sound works fine, but if I turn the end of the headphones (the end in the ipod) then the sound is either lost, or only comes out of one ear.

Now I figured if I send my ipod in, they can fix this, as it's still under warranty. But will they also fixed the scratched up screen?

Also, after setting up the repair online, do I just ship the ipod to them? And what exactly happens to my ipod.

[/questions]

Gamedude
08-05-2010, 01:57 PM
Normally with Apple, they will send you a new ipod as long as its not jail-broken (you have to send your broken ipod too).

Rampardos_Fan
08-15-2010, 05:51 PM
They will probably opt for a replacement, but if the fix turned out to be particularly simple for them then they likely wouldn't do anything about aesthetic marks.

As for setting it up online, if there aren't instructions as to what to do next it's probably best to call them. Apple's customer service team is generally helpful.

Tombi
08-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I believe you just ship the iPod to them. They'll replace it. Don't send your earphones too, though, as they won't be returned.

Finch
08-15-2010, 08:36 PM
I believe you just ship the iPod to them. They'll replace it. Don't send your earphones too, though, as they won't be returned.
^ she means "do send your earphones and go out to buy some skullcandies"

earth_type_rule
08-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I have a question too!

How do I put it on?

LS
08-15-2010, 09:31 PM
if you bought it from Bestbuy or what not.. They would just toss you a new one. But that's in North America. q_q

Elite Dialga
09-05-2010, 10:29 AM
^ she means "do send your earphones and go out to buy some skullcandies"

Or a pair pair of Bose in-ear headphones :hungry:, I have serious issues with sound conjestion with skullcandies, they're pretty good except fot that :happy:

Cobalt Shadow
09-12-2010, 03:49 AM
does it happen with all the earphones you put in or just the one pair?

Elite Dialga
09-16-2010, 05:36 PM
does it happen with all the earphones you put in or just the one pair?

To be honest, it happens with "Skull Candies" and I am pretty sure its due to "noise-cancelling" feature, you see just as it blocks incoming sounds, the sounds coming through it are blocked as well, it feels kinda' conjested, when I listen with them, nothing beats my MX 560's, bu they're old now and are not produced anymore as far as I know :]