PDA

View Full Version : URPG Ref

Zenaku
04-05-2004, 02:22 AM
Yeah, a few people from the old forum should remember a program i created called URPG Ref. The latest version of it i made, is an online only version, since i didnt have time to upload a Flash .exe version of it. But thats not why i'm posting, though you can check it out here (http://www.angeltowns.com/members/darkabsol/URPG_Ref_v3.html) i think. Anyways...

I've started working on a new, even better version, and i must say its going well. I've worked out the main part of the code, and so far, its working perfectly. Unlike the previous versions, this will have three simple list boxes, so you can choose both Pokemon, and an Attack, then work out the damage. I hope to add a function that shows what an attack does too, like whether or not it causes Flinching, Poisoning, Parlysis, Burns, or any other effects, which can always help Refs who have never come across that attack before. If anyone could help, such as helping with the design, collecting all attack names, or even descriptions of attacks, as well as attacks base power, and any status affects, it would really help to speed things up. This will be the first real EXE Reffing program i made, and hopefully the easiest to use.

Tristan
04-05-2004, 06:58 AM
Holy Shizzat!! That would be freakin' awesome!! DA, you're gonna revolutionize Reffing forever...

Zenaku
04-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Holy Shizzat!! That would be freakin' awesome!! DA, you're gonna revolutionize Reffing forever...
lol Well, its having a little trouble; for some reason it wont work out the calculations. It has done, so im sure its just a bug. I'll try and get it working, but if not, i'll have to program it the long way.

[Fair]
04-09-2004, 03:22 AM
lol Well, its having a little trouble; for some reason it wont work out the calculations. It has done, so im sure its just a bug. I'll try and get it working, but if not, i'll have to program it the long way.

If you can do this program, and make it as good as it sounds, the URPG will seriously owe you... :smile:

Zenaku
04-11-2004, 04:09 PM
']If you can do this program, and make it as good as it sounds, the URPG will seriously owe you... :smile:
lol I dont know about that, but anyways, i got it working right. Now though, its in two modes; Physical and Special, since i couldnt get the stats to change between Attack and SpAttack, depending on the attack used... So far though, Treecko, and all its evolutions are programmed into it, along with all Physical moves beginning with A (Will hopefully have all Physical moves in the program soon). Heres a screenshot...

Jack of Clovers
04-13-2004, 03:31 AM
cool, it finally worked for me to try again. it's good. damage is close enough. although i don't understand when you keep pressing = it might create a number that is double what it should be. what is that?
also, defence.... should be spelled defense. :tongue:

~Jack~

boltAge
04-13-2004, 07:40 AM
For some reason, that picture you attached have style very similar to those of Netbattle's Pokedex o_O

I luv this thing though, but I already have my own reffing machine, so tadda, though I might think of getting this as it's more convenient =P

Zenaku
04-13-2004, 12:13 PM
cool, it finally worked for me to try again. it's good. damage is close enough. although i don't understand when you keep pressing = it might create a number that is double what it should be. what is that?
also, defence.... should be spelled defense. :tongue:

~Jack~
Thats cause the Flash one accounts for critical hits too, so sometimes it might show double damage... And, i've always spelt it as Defence for some reason... :P

For some reason, that picture you attached have style very similar to those of Netbattle's Pokedex o_O

I luv this thing though, but I already have my own reffing machine, so tadda, though I might think of getting this as it's more convenient =P

Well, i'm pretty sure that NetBattle is created using Visual Basic, which is exactly what i'm using to make this new version of the Reffing Program... BTW, i fixed the little "Physical/Special Glitch" so theres no need for a Physical Mode, and a Special Mode anymore...

I had the code something like:

If AttackType = "Grass" Then
Atk = Special Attack
Def = SpDefense
Else
Atk = Attack
Def = Defense
End If

The program had a trouble assigning the Integer Atk to be the same as Attack (Or SpAttack) so i changed the code slightly...

If AttackMode = "Physical" Then
Damage.Text = ((100 * 2) / 5) * Attack) / Defense) ..etc...
End If

So, if the Attack Mode is "Special" then the calculation is similar, except it uses SpAttack instead of Attack, and SpDefense instead of Defense... Bah, i thought of that yesterday when my bro had the comp, and i was sitting around doing nothin'...

Anyways, now that the main codings working fine, i can just type out all the data, starting with Attacks, then Pokemon stats, so a Demo should be out soon...

[Fair]
04-14-2004, 03:00 AM
Is there any way that I can help you type all of that stuff out, Absol?

bronislav84
04-14-2004, 04:01 PM
DA, that code sounds a lot like my VB code I use for my Program. I can help.

Looks like your Final Version will beat mine since I only plan to make it insert stats and attack names from chosen Pkmn.

Below is my Curent "Demo" of my Program.

http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/bron/Refing_Calculator.doc

Use "Save As" if you can't get it just by clicking. Macros must be enabled and I will work it out so its not in MS Word format soon.

Zenaku
04-14-2004, 07:38 PM
It would be great if you could help out Fair, so just talk to me next time you see me on AIM, and i'll tell you what you can help out with...

lol I dont have MS Word (Had it on an old comp, but not this one) so i cant really try the one you made (Though i'm sure someone must be able to). So, when are you planning on working it out? I'm sure its great, so i really want to try it out, but like i said; dont have MS Word...

Anyways, Attacks beginning with A and B are now added, as well as the first 3 starters and all their evolutions. Pokemon Stats are quicker to type out than Attacks, so thats why i'm doing the Attacks first. Once i get down to about M in the Attacks, i'll start adding more Pokemon till i reach about 50 (Delcatty i believe) then maybe i'll release a Demo...

[Fair]
04-15-2004, 12:13 AM
Great! I'll track you down! :happy:

Zenaku
04-15-2004, 04:40 PM
']Great! I'll track you down! :happy:
Just do whatever you can, and thanks...

Mr Cat Dog
04-19-2004, 09:39 AM
If I could be any help, *watches everyone stare at the helpful n00b* I have a guide of all attacks, base stats and everything which I could help you out with. Just AIM or PM me for details. I'm happy to help! :biggrin: