PDA

View Full Version : EV Training gone wrong???

eishiba
08-11-2010, 05:13 PM
So I started EV training for real. I started with a Mankey which became a Primeape and it was Adamant and I EV trained it for speed. Now its speed is really high. Worked great.
Now I'm trying to EV train a Adamant magikarp with a power bracer and i gave it 10 proteins and at level 23 my magikarps stats are
hp46
atk 19
def 36
sp.atk 15
sp.def 19
spd 44

how in the world is his defense stat so high? i've been fighting sentrets, furrets, goldeens, and seakings. can someone help me? what did i do wrong? or should i keep training and his EV attack stats will come later on? I thought adamant raised attack and lowered special attack. why is his defense so high?

Moe2
08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
So I started EV training for real. I started with a Mankey which became a Primeape and it was Adamant and I EV trained it for speed. Now its speed is really high. Worked great.
Now I'm trying to EV train a Adamant magikarp with a power bracer and i gave it 10 proteins and at level 23 my magikarps stats are
hp46
atk 19
def 36
sp.atk 15
sp.def 19
spd 44

how in the world is his defense stat so high? i've been fighting sentrets, furrets, goldeens, and seakings. can someone help me? what did i do wrong? or should i keep training and his EV attack stats will come later on? I thought adamant raised attack and lowered special attack. why is his defense so high?
well first of all, EVs are only half the battle. His IVs (which range from 0-31) could be really high for defense and lower for his other stats. I'm assuming you know that vitamins (like protein) give 10 EVs in eac stat for a max of 100. Then you can further increase by EV training to a max of 255.

Also furret gives +2 in Speed not ATK, I would recommend evolving your magikarp since gyrados will give you a better picture of his stats.

Tsujin
08-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah, plus Magikarp had a pretty high base defense stat to begin with so it should be high anyways.