PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me...?

War
08-22-2010, 12:36 AM
What is a good moveset for MY Jolteon? Here are the Evs and and Movepool i use now and what I am thinking about swithing:

Jolteon (Timid) EVs: 252Spe, 252SpA, 4 SpD

Movepool:
-Baton Pass
-ThunderBolt
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderwave
Ok, Thunderwave is the one I can't decide on. I want to switch it with a move that will help my team out the most......Substitute, maybe?????? What do you all suggest...."Dear Pokemon Trainers".....hahaha.

War
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Anyone????????

atucker22
08-26-2010, 06:08 PM
In my opinion Thunderwave is a very useful and helpful move, especially on a fast poke. There's a lot of ways you could use it effectively...slow down an opponents fast poke, use it to give one of your slow pokes an upper hand, or use it to neutralize moves like Rest. If I was you, I would keep the Thunderwave

Mr420
08-26-2010, 06:42 PM
I dont see why you have baton pass there is none of your moves are setting up for the next Mon. Maybe a different move for coverage would be better

War
08-27-2010, 04:14 AM
In my opinion Thunderwave is a very useful and helpful move, especially on a fast poke. There's a lot of ways you could use it effectively...slow down an opponents fast poke, use it to give one of your slow pokes an upper hand, or use it to neutralize moves like Rest. If I was you, I would keep the Thunderwave

Thanks for the reply! I've always been a fan of the Thunderwave but i figured that jolteon was to weak defensively to TRY and take that chance, you know? But, now with a second opinion....im just sticking with it......!

I dont see why you have baton pass there is none of your moves are setting up for the next Mon. Maybe a different move for coverage would be better

Well, Baton Pass is there to give me a free switch....a scout move.

pkmnrulz
08-27-2010, 05:53 AM
substiute will be good w/ baton pass but w/ weak defenses its a risk.

Tsujin
08-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Yeah but Baton Pass is there to pass on stat changes. If you're just going to use it to scout out there's no point in having it. You could easily just switch instead. Either way you're going to get hit by an attack either if you're up against something that outspeeds Jolteon since Baton Pass isn't a priority move it'll get hit and then baton pass or it'll pass and the pokemon you switch in will get hit. You're better off just replacing it with another move. Try charge beam. It's only 50 base attack but it has a 70% chance of increasing your special attack stat one stage and having that while holding a life orb could do some pretty hard damage with a STAB Thunderbolt. Especially if you've paralyzed already giving you a 30% chance of them being paralyzed as well as being a hell of a lot slower.

batonpasser
09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Last time i checked Jolteon was was the second fastest baton passer in the game. Its best option is substitute so mine would look something like this.

baton pass
substitute
charge beam/ thunderbolt
hidden power, ice/ grass

another direction you could go is the choice specs route.

thunderbolt
hidden power, ice or grass
shadow ball
signal beam

choice specs powers up thunderbolt, and the other moves are to support that.