PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Stardy
08-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Seriously why are we not discussing this.

Awesome comic? Check.
Awesome game? Check.
Awesome movie? Check.

WHY AREN'T WE DISCUSSING ANY OF THESE.

Just saw the movie today. Twas grand. Very grand. Off at parts but when they got the script before the fourth book, that's understandable. Easily the best movie I've seen this year. It's a shame to hear it's failing. I BLAME ALL OF YOU.

Gokudera-Kun
08-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Seriously why are we not discussing this.

Awesome comic? Check.
Awesome game? Check.
Awesome movie? Check.

WHY AREN'T WE DISCUSSING ANY OF THESE.

Just saw the movie today. Twas grand. Very grand. Off at parts but when they got the script before the fourth book, that's understandable. Easily the best movie I've seen this year. It's a shame to hear it's failing. I BLAME ALL OF YOU.
I BLAME THE DUMBASSES WHO WASTED MONEY ON TWILIGHT SUCKS TOO. :<

Seriously, how can it NOT be selling? Every teenager that was in the theater was laughing their ass off. The fight scenes were incredibly well-done, the characters(namely Wallace) were hilarious, and just hearing the familiar sounds of old-school video games in the background brightened my day.

Stardy
09-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Are me and Nyurgh really the only people here to have seen it? For shame, PE2K. For shame.

Yeah, I had a similar experience here. Everybody in the cinema was laughing, the fight scenes where grand, the characters where brilliant, the old school sounds where fabulous to hear again. It was just incredibly faithful to the books overall, and after a second viewing of the movie, it's my favorite movie of the year, well ahead of my next two in Kick Ass and Toy Story 3.

LS
09-10-2010, 05:22 AM
I'v seen it! Twice actually. Amazing movie. <3 Is at equal awesomeness level with Kick-Ass for me.

Team_Edward019
09-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I went and saw it coz a friend paid for me, I'm glad I went though :smile: I reckon I enjoyed it more than she did ^-^ It really did it for me, I second that the fight scenes were great, my bestie didn't get many of the videogame refernces in it so I had to explain them to her after the film :oops:

Jessu
09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Amg. I loooooved the movie. <3 I'm buying it as soon as it comes out on DVD, it's worth owning. Everything was so well done. :D

It also inspired me to want to read the comics but I need to save my money for now. xD;

Hoshika
09-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I've read all the comics before seeing the movie because that's my policy on movies based on books. :I

Also I think the movie's not doing well because of that ~INDIE AURA~ and how lots of people ignore indie stuff here. I'm being 75% serious.

Tombi
09-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Are me and Nyurgh really the only people here to have seen it? For shame, PE2K. For shame.

Yeah, I had a similar experience here. Everybody in the cinema was laughing, the fight scenes where grand, the characters where brilliant, the old school sounds where fabulous to hear again. It was just incredibly faithful to the books overall, and after a second viewing of the movie, it's my favorite movie of the year, well ahead of my next two in Kick Ass and Toy Story 3.

I saw it. :3

Made me lol quite a few times.

Ayotui
09-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Seriously, how can it NOT be selling? Every teenager that was in the theater was laughing their ass off. The fight scenes were incredibly well-done, the characters(namely Wallace) were hilarious, and just hearing the familiar sounds of old-school video games in the background brightened my day.

because the people this movie is targeted at dont like paying for things when they can get it for free.

Seawolf
09-10-2010, 07:03 PM
It also inspired me to want to read the comics but I need to save my money for now. xD;

You could also read them all online. (http://comic-skulled.blogspot.com/search/label/Scott%20Pilgrim)

I would usually never condone such activities, but these are trying times.

Jessu
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
You could also read them all online. (http://comic-skulled.blogspot.com/search/label/Scott%20Pilgrim)

I would usually never condone such activities, but these are trying times.

... Oh wow, that never bothered to cross my mind. xDDD But thank you!

Y2kPikachu12
09-12-2010, 09:54 PM

All of this.

It's also inspired me to get the books. I've debated reading online but they deserve money xD and I want a physical thing. I'm weird, whatever.

The game will eventually make it into my Xbox rotation.

Seawolf
09-26-2010, 07:36 AM
I've read the first three volumes of the comics online, but I have not seen the movie yet. I really wish I could, but I can't really afford it right now.

The fights look so cool and flashy in the trailers, and the casting seems solid. I can't wait to see Superman as Todd Ingram!

The game will eventually make it into my Xbox rotation.

It's a solid game. I've been playing it with my boyfriend, and we've been having a blast with it. I think it hates him though, because it freezes whenever he gets an achievement.

Gaia
09-26-2010, 08:32 AM
I've played it (side-scroll game) with two other friends. It was a cool game, felt like a complete RPG game on its own (shops, bosses, amazing stages). I played the awesome Stills. :D

I'm planning on getting the game on my own PS3. Haven't watched the movie though.