PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Malware Doctor

Orthar
09-03-2010, 11:30 AM
So, I've contracted the anti-malware doctor virus. This little bastard is giving me more trouble than expected to get rid of him. Has anyone else had it, if so can you tell me how to get rid of it?

Elite Dialga
09-03-2010, 12:17 PM
So, I've contracted the anti-malware doctor virus. This little bastard is giving me more trouble than expected to get rid of him. Has anyone else had it, if so can you tell me how to get rid of it?

Virus? Say no more, download this: Link (http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/)

Install>Run>Update>Full System Scan, then let me know if the bugger persists.

This is one of the best Anti-Malware I've used to date, excellent heuristics, Free (Offer everything), Uses two AV engines etc.

Orthar
09-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I used a different program (Malwarebytes) to get rid of it, but I am using that program you provided along with McAfee to protect my computer now. Avast seems to pick up Malware a lot better than McAfee, so I appreciated you posting that,

Elite Dialga
09-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I used a different program (Malwarebytes) to get rid of it, but I am using that program you provided along with McAfee to protect my computer now. Avast seems to pick up Malware a lot better than McAfee, so I appreciated you posting that,

You're welcome mate, I'm glad you got rid of it, yes "Malwarebytes" was going to be my recommendation after the Anti-virus I suggested, it must always be kept along with an Anti-virus since it is specifically designed to detect malware which are not detected by normal Anti-viruses (including registry viruses etc which are extremely small in size) :wink:

Cobalt Shadow
09-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I tried that when my brother gave my nanna a virus lol. In the end I backed up her photos and wiped her harddrive lol. then made an account for my brother to use with loads of parental controls

Giratina
09-26-2010, 04:08 PM
This pile of junk here has gotten that awful virus maybe about six times, and I have done everything I can think of to get rid of the thing. If you use Firefox, I recommend downloading the extensions AdBlock Plus and NoScript; it might take some fiddling around to make certain sites work properly, but it's allowed me to go on DeviantArt again, so for that I am eternally grateful. I've found that the virus calls itself CrwdCtrl, and anything coming from crwdctrl.com or really anything with cc in it is usually a carrier of the virus. In addition, I carry Webroot and Malwarebytes scans.

Infernape Warrior
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I know that it's cost per year, but my family and I use it: AVG. So far we haven't gotten anything bad yet.