PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Released!

Charmander009
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Today marks the grand release of the next installment of the Kingdom Hearts Series: Birth by Sleep. Available only on the PSP, Birth by Sleep takes place before Sora's adventures and follows the story of three young keyblade bearers--Aqua, Terra, and Ventus--as they travel across different Disney worlds to uncover secrets and learn more about themselves.

Share your thoughts and feelings on this game in this thread, but please be sure to use spoiler tabs if you're going to share all da juicy details :3

As for me... I can't get it right now cuz for whatever strange reason the stores in my local area didn't get them out >:O But I'm very curious to hear what others have to say about the game ^^

Winter
09-08-2010, 02:53 AM
Oh my god it's everything I dreamed of and more!!! It's slow loading, kinda like Crisis Core was, but it's probably due to the graphics, which are, might I say, absolutely beautiful! The start is somewhat confusing, but I guess it'll be cleared up as time goes on--or maybe if I had gone with Ven first I would have had it cleared up sooner. :)

I went with Aqua to start off and she's more skilled with magic, but it's certainly not messing with my hack-and-slash style, and I actually like the deck system they have going, you don't have to mess with twenty billion buttons to get to your spells now, which I didn't like having to do before. The enemies(the Unversed this time around) seem to appear in greater masses than the Heartless in the original games, but with the Shotlock system and the locking ability, they really aren't a problem yet--and they're cute!

I keep wanting to watch the intro video over and over again, it's better than any of the ones before it, and they're still using Simple and Clean as intro music, but for me Utada never gets old(I have her US CD, and the KH themes on my iPod), not to mention the video's graphics rival those of it's PS2 predecessors.

Anyway, I've gotten through the first world for Aqua, and it looks like it's gonna be a good game the whole way through--though it's killing me that you have to beat one's story mode to find out what happens to the others. BTW, Jaq from Cinderella's voiceovers scare the crap outta me, anyone else feeling the same way???

Shock64
09-08-2010, 03:24 AM
See, today marks the release for you. I, on the other hand, have had it since Saturday. XD

I must say... it's incredible. Some of the voiceovers are lacking, and the loading times are meh (even with installation), but it's still phenomenal. I'm on Aqua's story now, after doing Terra's and Ven's. Each story is relatively short, even with treasures and such. But if you have a friend to play Arena with, the replay value is endless. It's awesome.

Charmander009
09-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Yes! Now I can say that I have the game! :D

And I'll add my comments now:

1--Freakin amazing graphics. I don't know if maybe that's because it's on such a small screen or not, but I was very impressed by the quality of the characters and especially the background. (though I have to admit that some of the Disney characters could have been a little better)

2--Enchanting music! I love the violen/cello pieces especially, like in Enchanted Dominion and others

3--Rememorable Characters! Ain't Ven just a cutie? I love his go-lucky personality, which is so much like Sora in some ways, but completely different in other ways. And the way he interacts with some of the Disney characters is adorable (lol, excuse my vocab right now). Why do I get the feeling that something terrible's going to happen to him?

4--Good story! I have to admit that at first things were a little confusing, especially since I started with Ven and don't really understand what else is going on. But I like the idea of having three alternate story lines, which turns the game into a little bit of a mystery (and I do like solving puzzles :3). I also like how nicely the story fits into the Disney movies, too.

So I'd place this close to the top of my list in favorites KH games, bested only by the first game (of course). I thought about doing Aqua's side of the story next... but I might go with Terra instead... just because I want to understand what the heck is running through that kid's head right now >:o

Gokudera-Kun
09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
I will make this thread my home while I wait for the weekend, when I hopefully get the money to buy my copy.

I still haven't decided whose Story to start with. I kinda wanna do Ventus first, because he's my favorite out of the three, but I heard that after you beat all 3, the 3rd character gets a special video at the end of their story, and I might wanna see Ventus' before the others.

So, I kinda wanna know how each of the 3 characters fight before I make my choice. I wanna say Terra is the most Physical-based, while Aqua is Magic-oriented, and Ventus is the middle-child. Will I notice any significant difference between the three's fighting style, or just slight changes?

Professor Geoffrey
09-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I got it the day it released. My studies (unfortunately) have been in the way, so I only just managed to beat Terra's story yesterday. I'm moving on to Aqua's story after I conquer this psychology essay. I want to do Ventus last. :)

Charmander009
09-14-2010, 10:57 PM
I will make this thread my home while I wait for the weekend, when I hopefully get the money to buy my copy.

I still haven't decided whose Story to start with. I kinda wanna do Ventus first, because he's my favorite out of the three, but I heard that after you beat all 3, the 3rd character gets a special video at the end of their story, and I might wanna see Ventus' before the others.

So, I kinda wanna know how each of the 3 characters fight before I make my choice. I wanna say Terra is the most Physical-based, while Aqua is Magic-oriented, and Ventus is the middle-child. Will I notice any significant difference between the three's fighting style, or just slight changes?

Welcome home xD

I'll tell you about Ventus, since I started with him; The beginning was a little confusing for me, because Ven missed out on some important info, but it's easy to catch on. Ven's fighting style is focused on speed, which I like a whole bunch! After a while, however, you realize that he's not built for power. Just the other day I was frowning a little because it took a while to beat down some foes. However, his special attacks (or whatever you call them) are awesome! It makes me feel so epic <3 They're fast, full of fury, and wreaks havoc >:D

Gokudera-Kun
09-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Ven's fighting style is focused on speed, which I like a whole bunch! After a while, however, you realize that he's not built for power. Just the other day I was frowning a little because it took a while to beat down some foes. However, his special attacks (or whatever you call them) are awesome! It makes me feel so epic <3 They're fast, full of fury, and wreaks havoc >:D

Okay, I'm sold on starting with Ventus. Kinda sounds like he's Sora's Anti-Drive form, which I loved to play as. Might play Aqua afterwards, but I kinda wanna see how Terra's story plays out more than Aqua's.

Winter
09-15-2010, 01:24 AM
I have to say, after beating Aqua's story mode I'm having a hard time adjusting to Ven and Terra's fighting styles(got frustrated with Ven and decided to give Terra a shot). If you want a change in endings, Aqua and Ven's tie in with each other, while Terra's goes a different way(excluding spoilers, since I do know what happens). As cute as Ven is, he's almost so clueless in some ways I find it infuriating...like how he's all like "Oooh! Little men!" and runs after the Dwarves and then just wants to be all "Hi there, I know you don't know me but can you help me???".

And I gotta agree with you on the music, Charmander, I love the music for Enchanted Dominion--kinda reminds me of Crisis Core's music. :) Speaking of, I loved how they worked Zack in out of all the other FF characters they've gotten in. I saw him on the character list and almost fangirl screamed.

Gokudera-Kun
09-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Just beat Ventus' story, and I'm relatively pleased. That last boss was a real pain, but my Command Deck really pulled through for me. I've started Terra's and I'm already pleased. He plays slower, like I was told, but I'm already finding ways to work around it.

So, now seems like a good time to ask; what are your command decks? I kinda wanna plan ahead, don't wanna make more trips to the Command Board than I have to. Especially on Aqua's story.

I'll start.

Ventus(Complete)
-Fire Lunge
-Stun Lunge
-Crawling Firaga
-Fission Firaga
-Blizzaga
-Thundaga
-Cura
-Curaga

This was designed specifically for beating the final boss. Fission Firaga does brutal amounts of damage. The best part of this is, assuming Crawling Firaga nets a few solid hits, I can enter Firestorm/Fever Pitch in half a deck. One more deck, and I'm in Wingblade.

Terra(2 Worlds Beaten)
-Strike Raid
-Freeze Strike
-Sliding Dash
-Magnet
-Thunder

Specifically designed to make up for Terra's Abyssmal speed. It's worked pretty good so far.

Giratina
09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
It is my belief that Yoko Shikomura is some sort of minor composing god, and this game further reinforces that fact. Anyway. For Terra, there is literally nothing in my deck but curing spells and things I need to level up. XD Aqua is whatever her default deck is, as I haven't really touched her file yet. Ventus (the one I've completed) is as follows:

- Magnega
- Mega-Potion
- Cura
- Cura
- Cura
- Cure
- Faith

So, uh, yeah, pretty much the same as Terra's save the whole Faith thing.

Winter
09-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Ugggggh, I really, really, hate that last fight with Xeanort on Terra's story--you can't do anything that will boost your attack! It's nerve-gratingly frustrating.

Charmander009
09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
It is my belief that Yoko Shikomura is some sort of minor composing god, and this game further reinforces that fact.

Here, here! It'd be great if they released a soundtrack here in NA like they did for the first game....

Okay, so I've beat Ven's story (That last boss really was tricky o.o'), and just last night I finished Aqua's. I get the feeling that there's still something missing from her story... Well, guess I'll find out in Terra's ^^

I can't remember what was Ven's command deck, but for Aqua I had... Um... Curaga, Thundaga, Triple Blizzard, Confusion Strike, Fire Surge, and Thunder surge, I think. Oh, and some really cool Ice-type one that I can't remember the name of right now...

So far, I still like Ven's fighting style the best, but Aqua's was pretty fun to do, with all the magic and mystically stuff xD Spellweaver is awesome :3

I'm interested in Terra's story... but I'm not looking forward to how slow he moves. Power slows you down... :(

Gokudera-Kun
09-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm interested in Terra's story... but I'm not looking forward to how slow he moves. Power slows you down... :(

Terra's story is interesting. It's a new side to the story, in more ways than one.

Charmander009
09-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Terra's story is interesting. It's a new side to the story, in more ways than one.
So have you already beaten it? :o LoL, I'm so slow xD

Winter
09-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Yeah, his perspective on things is differnet, but his ending is sooooooo confuzzling! (Two down, on to Ven I go!)