PDA

View Full Version : Stone Evolutions....

Kamoosekazi
09-11-2010, 10:45 AM
When is the "most optimal" time to evolve pokemon with evolution stones?

If you want specifics, what level would be best to evolve, say, Togetic, Growlithe, Vulpix, etc...

I guess this could be applied to traded pokemon too, such as Golem, Magmortar, Porygon2/Z...

I was just always curious to know if it was smart to evolve them early, wait for a certain move (like Eevee and Baton Pass) or if it would effect the out come of their stats for 'endgame'

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
09-11-2010, 11:29 AM
The only thing it effects is the moves your Pokemon will learn.

For Pokemon that evolve by stones, it is best to wait until they have learnt all the moves you want them to know by level-up.

For those evolving by trade, they will still continue to learn moves as normal after evolving, so you can evolve them any time without any other effects.

The timing of evolution won't impact the Pokemon's stats at all.

Kamoosekazi
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
so basically, once a pokemon evolves all of it's stats are moved up according to the base stats of said pokemon? Scaled of course with IVs, EVs, nature, etc?

So basically. I could level Eevee all the way to 100, battle it out for funzies and then evolve it to Flareon and the stats will scale according to Flareon's base stats? Which at this point, I can just go to an move relearner and pick what I would want?

I know this may sound confusing to a lot of you, but the stat smart folks will know what I'm talkin' about lol

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
09-13-2010, 07:40 AM
so basically, once a pokemon evolves all of it's stats are moved up according to the base stats of said pokemon? Scaled of course with IVs, EVs, nature, etc?

So basically. I could level Eevee all the way to 100, battle it out for funzies and then evolve it to Flareon and the stats will scale according to Flareon's base stats? Which at this point, I can just go to an move relearner and pick what I would want?

I know this may sound confusing to a lot of you, but the stat smart folks will know what I'm talkin' about lol
Yep, that's correct. As I said, the only thing you need to worry about is the learned moves. Evolution time has no effect on anything else =)