PDA

View Full Version : How to beat this pokemon??!!

Luke Sinatra
08-15-2005, 07:14 PM
(in gold version) my friend has a Tauros with doble team, horn drill, zap cannon, earthquake. the problem is that he start using doble team and then trying horn drills until it hits..
well the last time we play he hit and KO 3 of my pokemon.. and that really make a huge anvantege to him..
I've try with Blastoise (my hazer) but he's just not quick and strong to beat him fast..
I really need a way to beat that combination..
Please post any sugestions you may have :smile:

IT
08-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Try Machamp with Vital Throw since Vital Throw always hits and is super effective against Tauros.

Sheignie
08-15-2005, 07:18 PM
(in gold version) my friend has a Tauros with doble team, horn drill, zap cannon, earthquake. the problem is that he start using doble team and then trying horn drills until it hits..
well the last time we play he hit and KO 3 of my pokemon.. and that really make a huge anvantege to him..
I've try with Blastoise (my hazer) but he's just not quick and strong to beat him fast..
I really need a way to beat that combination..
Please post any sugestions you may have :smile:

If half your team was knocked out by a Tauros with a moveset like that, you fail at life.

Okay, on a snarkless note, just bring out any decent Fighting type, but try to make sure it has good speed, and if not, give it double team. Brick Break is a good move to use directly, but if you can predict a switch (assuming he doesnt lead with Tauros), get Focus Punch. Unless that Tauros is stuffed full of Defense EVs and Vitamins, it should be a 1 or 2HKO.

Tell your friend that OHKO moves are bad news. They just are. Sorry.

Hope I helped!

IT
08-15-2005, 07:23 PM
If half your team was knocked out by a Tauros with a moveset like that, you fail at life.

Okay, on a snarkless note, just bring out any decent Fighting type, but try to make sure it has good speed, and if not, give it double team. Brick Break is a good move to use directly, but if you can predict a switch (assuming he doesnt lead with Tauros), get Focus Punch. Unless that Tauros is stuffed full of Defense EVs and Vitamins, it should be a 1 or 2HKO.

Tell your friend that OHKO moves are bad news. They just are. Sorry.

Hope I helped!

Gold version, no Brick Break or Focus Punch. And the moveset is effective because it is cheap.

Sheignie
08-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Whoops, forgot it was Gold Version :oops: . Just listen to IT, he is much more experienced than I.

I still think that moveset sucks.

Iceman3k
08-15-2005, 08:22 PM
A good maneuver, like IT said, is Machamp with Vital Throw. Besides, a set like that sucks. Your friend should be ashamed of using Double Team in the first place.

IT
08-15-2005, 08:30 PM
The set sucks, yes, because it is cheap. But it is apparently effective as well if it can take down his Hazer and two other Pokes.

Kayden Javlaíakín
08-15-2005, 08:37 PM
A good maneuver, like IT said, is Machamp with Vital Throw. Besides, a set like that sucks. Your friend should be ashamed of using Double Team in the first place.
Okay, first of all, you need to shut up. Double Team is very useful in many cases.

Though yes, I do agree with almost everyone else here. If your'e beaten that easily by a Tauros with a moveset like that, then yes, you fail at life.
Tell your "friend" that using One-Hit KO moves such as Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, etc. is just plain flophiolashib(stupid, dirty, rotten s***).
Also, obviously, your team also needs some major work.

Sorry if I sound harsh.

IT
08-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Okay, first of all, you need to shut up. Double Team is very useful in many cases.

Though yes, I do agree with almost everyone else here. If your'e beaten that easily by a Tauros with a moveset like that, then yes, you fail at life.
Tell your "friend" that using One-Hit KO moves such as Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, etc. is just plain flophiolashib(stupid, dirty, rotten s***).
Also, obviously, your team also needs some major work.

Sorry if I sound harsh.

You sound more like you need to study the cheapness of double team.

Moves considered to be cheap are:

Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Spore+Focus Punch, Double Team+Mean Look and Double Team+Baton Pass

Double Team is useful, but it only depends on luck, not skill.

If he gets beaten by a Tauros like that, he does not fail at life. I'd like to see your face when you can't hit the max Evasion Tauros and it keeps OHKOing you with Horn Drill, Zap Cannon and Earthquake.

I don't know about his team, but clearly he knows at least something if he tries to stop the Tauros with a Hazer.

We Taste Pies...
08-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, Spore+Focus Punch, Double Team+Mean Look and Double Team+Baton Pass

Double Team is useful, but it only depends on luck, not skill.

2 things(how many times have I said this lately)
1:Double team is not depending on luck, It Pwns without luck.
2:On the cheap list it was listed twice,and it should not be there considering how good it is(same for focus punch for obvious reasons,and 1 hitkos are so inaccurate they can't be cheap).

Iceman3k
08-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Double Team is NOT useful. And neither is minimize. All that does is piss people off to a level near a heart attack. Not everyone, whether it being In-Game or NetBattle, uses Aerial Ace, and most DEIFINITELY NOBODY uses Swift or Shock Wave. And secondly, the only always-hit move on GSC IS Swift, and nobody, I mean Nobody, is dumb enough to use it anyway. Double Team is a huge cheat move, like I stated earlier, and as far as I'm concerned, it should be BANNED.

Luke Sinatra
08-16-2005, 01:15 AM
Well this was the team at the time I got beat by the Tauros:

Arcanine (opener)
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Extremespeed
Crunch

Tyranitar (mixed sweeper)
Rock Slide
Crunch
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Milktank (tank/heal beller)
Return
Milk Drink
Heal Bell
Curse

Unbreon (tank)
Shadow Ball
Swagger
Attract
Moonlight

Blastoise@Mint Berry (Hazer)
Rest
Surf
Haze
Ice Beam

Gengar (Shuffler) I use It in a combination with Umbreon for (Shuffler & Tank) ones the enemy gets cursed and psn.. I let him bounce against Umbreon's wall
Toxic
Curse
Hypnosis
Giga Drain

I Also try with a Snorlax(Rest, Sleep Talk, Thunder, Hyper Beam) instead of the Blastoise and a Ninetales(attract, sunny day, flamethrower, confuse ray) instead or aracanine; a did win that time :eh:

IT
08-16-2005, 10:36 AM
2 things(how many times have I said this lately)
1:Double team is not depending on luck, It Pwns without luck.
2:On the cheap list it was listed twice,and it should not be there considering how good it is(same for focus punch for obvious reasons,and 1 hitkos are so inaccurate they can't be cheap).

Just tell me how Double Team is not about luck? Can you predict when your opponent will hit and when he will miss?

Shedinja
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Ur team is fantastic but Try to use ur imagination !!! Look Gengar is not effected by the horn drill ...When tauros use double team u must change ur first pokemon (you said was articuno) and put gengar .when tauros use horn drill will miss .Then use curse and the tauros is over .

The End
08-16-2005, 11:44 AM
If he doesnt have a ghost/steel type, i STRONGLY recommend Lax: curse sleeptalk rest doubleedge

also, try thunder over fireblast on tyranitar.

another hazer over blastoise perhaps.

all in all, i think you have a cool team.

maybe even a growth vaporeon over blastoise :)

Yathos
08-22-2005, 04:16 AM
You can try many things

copy his strategy

Fighting pokemon with detect

normal pokemon with swift or sonicboom

Lock on, zapcannon combo (magiton)

mind read, danamic puch combo (Poliwrath)

if Toros is not level 100, train a level higher than him (HD doesn't work if the foe is stronger)

I don't know but I think HD doesn't work against flying type