PDA

View Full Version : EV Training

Cobalt Shadow
09-18-2010, 06:48 AM
I recently specially Bred a ralts to ev train. I started the moment it hatched at level 1 by giving it an exp share and training at Lake Valor on Gyarados and seaking. But midway through I read somewhere that at level 50 8 EVs=1 stat but at lvl 100 4 EVs=1 Stat. but it also said that no matter when I start EV training the result would be the same. Is this true? and if it is, how is it true, I don't get how that would work. Thanks

Mr420
09-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I recently specially Bred a ralts to ev train. I started the moment it hatched at level 1 by giving it an exp share and training at Lake Valor on Gyarados and seaking. But midway through I read somewhere that at level 50 8 EVs=1 stat but at lvl 100 4 EVs=1 Stat. but it also said that no matter when I start EV training the result would be the same. Is this true? and if it is, how is it true, I don't get how that would work. Thanks

not sure where you read your info from, but its all the same math. no mater the level you begin training .
4EV result 1 stat no matter at what level.
helpful Ev training 411.
PKRS virus always an Ev trainers friend.
power items such as pwr Band/Lens/Ankle/Weight all add 4 more Ev to what your already getting - Macho Brace - doubles your EVs.
hope it helps some.

CaRdIaC
09-18-2010, 05:20 PM
You get the same amount of ev's no matter what. And always 4 ev's=you have 1 more then you usually would at level 100. So say you have your ralts and at lvl 100 it has 290 attack (just example) but then you train one and have it get 4 ev's on attack. Then when it is level 100 it will have 291 attack and so on. The max for each state is i think 251 and you can get a max of 502 in total. But: when pokemon are lower levels, they tend to gain less then higher levels. Like on a level up you might gain +5 attack if you are only like level 20. If you got that level up from level 99 you would get like +30 instead. So you need to be patient in lower levels if you are not gaining what you want

TIPS:
1. Use the ev training items such as macho brace, power anklet and so on. They get you +4 ev's after you beat a poke' so if you beat a bidoof with holding the power item that raises hp then you would get 1 hp for beating the bidoof and then 4 more from the ev item.

2.Get pokerus. Pokerus doubles the amount of ev's you get after a fight. That is after the gain from the ev item. So in the same example, you beat one bidoof with the health item. And you have pokerus. Then you would gain the normal 1, the +4 which is 5 then doubled becuase of pokerus so you get 10 hp ev's just for 1 bidoof which makes it a lot easier
HOPE THIS HELPS...IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE Q'S DON'T HESITATE TO ASK :happy:

Tsujin
09-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah as said before simplified.

4 EV's = 1 stat point.

Power Items will add 4 EV's to the amount of EV's given to you depending on the pokemon you face.

Ex: Gyarados gives off 2 EV's in attack. If you're holding the power item for attack while facing a Gyarados you will get 6 EV's in attack. 2 from Gyarados and 4 from the power item.

Macho Brace double's EV's so take the Gyarados example you'll get 4 EV's in total since it doubled them.

And finally Pokerus is the same as Macho Brace with the exception of having to hold an item and even once it's cured it keep working it just won't be able to pass it on anymore.

Oh and the EV limit is 510. Each stat can only gain up to 255 max but you can only max out 2 stats this way.

Here's the thread I read when I first started EV Training and I've never had a problem since. It's meant for Diamond/Pearl but the mechanics are the exact same and can be applied to Platinum and HG/SS if you search for the other places in order to EV train.

EV Training Guide (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48352)

CaRdIaC
09-18-2010, 11:56 PM
And pokerus is really important for ev training. Because it is like the macho brace but it is like the macho brace AFTER you add the ev's you got up. So it doubles after the +4 if you have a ev item held

Cobalt Shadow
09-19-2010, 12:33 AM
KK How do i get Pokerus? I don't have access to wifi so I cant get a pokemon with one off that

CaRdIaC
09-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Pokerus is really rare if you can't trade over with someone to get it. To get pokerus you just need to battle random wild pokemon. The odds of getting a shiny pokemon is 1/8192 and getting pokerus is about 1/3 of that so pretty rare. You don't necessarily need pokerus but it about halfs the time it takes to fully ev train a pokemon. I could give you a pokemon with pokerus if you could get wifi but it's not mandetory to have it.

Cobalt Shadow
09-19-2010, 07:05 AM
lol technically I do have Wifi but it is WPA.I can set it to WEP but that is really easy to crack so no, and besides my dad would go nouts if i messed with our wifi. He is technologically impaired!

CaRdIaC
09-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Ok. Well you don't NEED pokerus but it really helps to speed things up.

Elite Dialga
09-19-2010, 05:01 PM
You get the same amount of ev's no matter what. And always 4 ev's=you have 1 more then you usually would at level 100. So say you have your ralts and at lvl 100 it has 290 attack (just example) but then you train one and have it get 4 ev's on attack. Then when it is level 100 it will have 291 attack and so on. The max for each state is i think 251 and you can get a max of 502 in total. But: when pokemon are lower levels, they tend to gain less then higher levels. Like on a level up you might gain +5 attack if you are only like level 20. If you got that level up from level 99 you would get like +30 instead. So you need to be patient in lower levels if you are not gaining what you want

TIPS:
1. Use the ev training items such as macho brace, power anklet and so on. They get you +4 ev's after you beat a poke' so if you beat a bidoof with holding the power item that raises hp then you would get 1 hp for beating the bidoof and then 4 more from the ev item.

2.Get pokerus. Pokerus doubles the amount of ev's you get after a fight. That is after the gain from the ev item. So in the same example, you beat one bidoof with the health item. And you have pokerus. Then you would gain the normal 1, the +4 which is 5 then doubled becuase of pokerus so you get 10 hp ev's just for 1 bidoof which makes it a lot easier
HOPE THIS HELPS...IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE Q'S DON'T HESITATE TO ASK :happy:

Actually, the amount of ev's gained are doubled because of the item held (respective item) or macho brace (for all types of evs), say a pokemon gains 2 EV's by defeating a pokemon would get 4 isntead of 2, if its holding such an item. There are no fixed EV's that are gained due to these items. :wink:

CaRdIaC
09-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Are you sure? For me its always been the adding 4 to it after. The macho brace doubles but I think all the other ones just give +4 to their assigned stat...

TO ADD

"It adds 4 extra speed EV's." This is directly from

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemondiamond/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42044254&pid=925601

Where it is explaining the use of the power anklet. So it does add just 4 and not doubles

Cobalt Shadow
09-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Actually would you be able to trade me a pokemon with pokerus, I can just hack the nighbours wifi lol. I would really appreciate it. my Friend code is 4039 0964 5424. Thanks

Mr420
09-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Being that Im in Pokerus Empire Clan I feel inclined to help you with a PKMN with the Virus for your Ev training needs
..... Kelros: 1892 4o27 2496
. if you still want it please reply so that I may continue.

Cobalt Shadow
09-20-2010, 06:26 AM
sure but I may have to wait a little while, I know of a couple of houses near my dads place that have unprotected wifi but I only moved into my mums house a couple of weeks ago and havent had a chance to find any unprotected wifi. My E-Mail is my Windows Live details are in my account here. I will try and organise a time to trade. Thanks a heap

Mr420
09-20-2010, 06:38 AM
sure but I may have to wait a little while, I know of a couple of houses near my dads place that have unprotected wifi but I only moved into my mums house a couple of weeks ago and havent had a chance to find any unprotected wifi. My E-Mail is my Windows Live details are in my account here. I will try and organise a time to trade. Thanks a heap

cool, i can do that too. you let me know via PM when you can trade..Ill hold this mon 4 you.

Tsujin
09-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Actually, the amount of ev's gained are doubled because of the item held (respective item) or macho brace (for all types of evs), say a pokemon gains 2 EV's by defeating a pokemon would get 4 isntead of 2, if its holding such an item. There are no fixed EV's that are gained due to these items. :wink:

No that's not true.

Any Power Item add +4 EV's on any EV's you've gained that battle.
Only Macho Brace and Pokerus will double the amount of EV's given.

CaRdIaC
09-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Hi...But back on topic, Legend collector I can give you a pokemon with pokerus if Mr420 doesn't.

Mr420
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Hi...But back on topic, Legend collector I can give you a pokemon with pokerus if Mr420 doesn't.

You're wired, I already told him/her I would & he/she already said we're setting up a time for the trade as we're both in different parts of the globe..

CaRdIaC
09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Ok then. Just trying to help

Cobalt Shadow
09-21-2010, 05:18 AM
lol dw I found pokesav on my computer( I thought I lost it) so I gave pokerus to one of my pokemon on that then spread it lots to heaps of pokemon in my PC. I don't need to do a wifi trade anymore. Thanks anyway guys. It is heaps faster lol
Edit: BTW Im a guy lmao