PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon B/W - Walkthrough/FAQ [SPOILERS]

SLC
09-18-2010, 04:29 PM
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU DO, I WILL ASK FOR A MOD TO DELETE YOUR POST. ONLY WHEN THE WALKTHROUGH IS NEAR COMPLETION, MAY I SAY THAT YOU CAN.

HELP WILL BE ACCEPTED! MY ONLY REQUEST IS THAT YOU DON'T HELP ME FOR ANY PLACES FURTHER THAN I'VE ALREADY GOTTEN. IF I HAVEN'T GOT TO HIUN CITY, I WOULDN'T NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT.

THE ONLY OTHER PLACE THIS IS GOING TO BE POSTED IS ON GAMEFAQ, PLEASE DO NOT STEAL, AND NOTIFY ME IF IT IS STOLEN.

I ALSO NEED TO KNOW THE NAME OF THE ITEM YOUR MOTHER GIVES YOU.

*Banner to go here.*

Pokemon White FAQ/Walkthrough
Platform: Nintendo DS
Copyright 2010 SLCalamity. All Rights Reserved.
For exclusive use for PE2K and GameFAQs, unless stated otherwise.
By SLCalamity (slcalamity@gmail.com, please email with questions or comments)
Version 0.01

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction
2. Version History
3. Game Introduction
a. Kanoko Town
i. Route 1
b. Karakusa Town
4. Other Things To Do In Isshu
5. TM/HM Location Guide
6. EV Training Guide
7. To Do List
8. Credits

1. Introduction

Hey guys, welcome to my walkthrough/FAQ. This guide will hopefully be some use for you. This walkthrough was done on Pokémon White, so there may be some details incorrect if you are playing Black Version. My Japanese is horrible, so please correct me on any errors. Please, don't hesitate to PM or E-Mail me with any corrections, bits of information, or anything like that.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy my guide! ;)

2. Version History

Version 0.01 - Walkthrough completed up to Karakusa Town.

3. Game Introduction

Welcome to the game! After powering up your copy, you'll be welcomed by the traditional Pokémon introduction scene. At first, it is a star zooming through space, but then it switches to different scenes of locations across Isshu. It then switches to either a black or white background, with your version legendary in the background; you will then be asked to start a new game. It starts off like a typical Pokémon game - Professor Araragi, the professor of Isshu will explain to you what Pokémon are, and ask you if you're a boy or a girl, and your and your rivals names. For the sake of simplicity, the hero's name will be SLC.

3.a. Your House

The screen fades to black, before telling you which season you are currently in. Another 'Gamefreak Presents' screen, before you awaken in your bedroom, being spoken to by your rival, Cheren. He explains that there gift for you, before your friendly rival, Belle - the Dawn or Lucas of this game - walks in. After a brief chat, you can walk towards your gift and a cut-scene begins. There is a note which you can read. The gifts bow starts to unravel, and three Pokéballs are contained inside! You get a choice of either the grass-typed Tsutarja, the fire-typed Pokabu, or the water-typed Mijumaro. Overall, Pokabu will have the easiest time in gyms, and Tsutarja will have the hardest. I personally went for Pokabu as it had the best evolutions in my opinion. Your 'rival' will explain that she has the starter Pokémon which had the type disadvantage to yours. On my game, for example, she had Tsutarja. The screen once again fades to black, and a battle against her begins. You should be able to win, as you both have basic movesets with moves such as Tackle, Tail Whip and Growl, Much like typical Pokémon games. On winning, you gain experience which outs you on the verge of levelling up, and $500.

Belle
Tsutarja/Pokabu/Mijumaru - Lvl 5
$500

After the battle ends, you cut back to your room - which is absolutely
destroyed. You all talk for a bit before your Pokémon gets healed, and
you battle your other rival.

Cheren
Tsutarja/Pokabu/Mijumaru - Lvl 5
$500

Hopefully, you should have won both battles. This means you should be level 6.

After you win, however, they both leave your room, and you can walk around
freely. Head downstairs, and your rivals and your mother are talking. Presumably
about your room getting destroyed. Cheren and Belle leave, leaving you with your
mother. Screen fading to black and then back to normal, your mother gives you an
item, currently unnamed. Proceed to leave your house.

3.a.i. Kanoko Town

As you step outside, you'll see that the sun is shining, Mamepato are flying. Yep, Isshu starts off quite well. If you're new to Pokémon, I reccomend having a look around, finding out some general things about the town. You'll find that Belle lives in the bottom-left house, and Cheren lives in the bottom right. Noticeable things in Kanoko include that is next to the sea, with a small pier to the south. Head north, to Professor Araragi's lab. Belle and Cheren are both outside; talk to them to get them to go inside. Once inside, Araragi will talk to you, before entrusting you with a Pokédex. Head outside; your mom will be waiting there, and after you explain you are heading on an adventure, she gives you a town map. Head north some more, and you'll meet your rivals again.

3.a.ii. Route 1

Wild Pokémon

Minezumi - Lvl 2
Yorterrie - Lvl 4

Item Locations

Pokéball x5 - Given to you by Araragi.
Potion - Speak to the girl in the second patch of grass.

Once you reach Route 1, you can really tell Nintendo put a lot of effort into aesthetics. As you talk to Araragi, petals are blowing in the foreground. Brilliant. The professor shows you how to capture Pokémon, using a lvl 7 Chillarmy against a wild lvl 2 Minezumi. She then proceeds to give you 5 Pokéballs. After she, Cheren and Belle walk away, you find yourself facing the first segment of grass located in the game; see above for the Pokémon you can potentially find. Head north some more, and you will find another patch of grass
with a woman stood in it. Talk to her, and she will give you a potion. I recommend keeping it, just in case something goes wrong for some reason. A final patch of grass, and you meet up with your rivals yet again. You will stop, and be in a video conference with them and Araragi. Head north once more to reach a new town; Karakusa!

TO BE CONTINUED, ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT POST