PDA

View Full Version : O_o

Speed-X
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
This is friggin' crazy.

Today I finally got catching the beast trio over with--however, there was a very...odd...occurence when catching the first: Raikou.

Anyways, for the legendary beasts, when attempting to catch them (and assuming that I already took their HP down to 1 with Sceptile's False Swipe), I'd always have Snorlax in the lead of my party, who knew both Block and Yawn (pretty convenient moves for this situation.).

Usually what I do is (and was what I did today), when the battle starts, have Snorlax use Block (of course...); Assuming that Raikou doesn't use Roar, on the next turn, I have Snorlax use Yawn.

Now, just about all of us know that Yawn does not take immediate effect. It doesn't make the opponent Pokemon fall asleep until the end of the next turn. At this, we also should be aware that you generally want to have a "filler" for that turn after Yawn. I just throw a regular Pokeball.

I had found out the calculations on veekun that the rate at which you can catch Raikou when it's asleep, at 1 HP, and the like with a Fast Ball is approx. 10%. Hey, pretty good chance, right? And hell, the Fast Ball was so close to succeeding in its catch about three times. All I needed to do was just try it a few more times, and... yeah.

Anyways, in order to "kill" a turn while waiting for Yawn to take effect, I just threw a regular Pokeball at Raikou, like I stated before.

It wiggled. And I thought, "Huh?"
It wiggled once again, which made me go, "lolwut?"
It wiggled a third time, making me say, "Okay. Sometin's goin down here. O.o;"

*Click* Congratulations! Raikou was caught!
...O_O
...With a Pokeball.... a REGULAR. EFFING. POKEBALL.

Oh, and it wasn't asleep yet, either. And the chances for that are, like, what? Only half of a percent (0.5%).

XD My jaw, like, totally dropped. It was going through the usual congrats message and the Pokedex entry screen. The whole time, I was just like, http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/s/h/shockplz.gif

Afterwards, I caught Entei with a Fast Ball on the first try, and Suicune with a Net Ball on the 3rd. Geez.... O_o;

Anything like this happened to you? C'mon. Let's hear it...for teh lulz.

Etymology
09-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Pokemon Sapphire.

I sent the Rayquaza to sleep. It had full health.

I threw a Dive Ball (same catch rate as a Poke Ball in this situation).

I caught it. :3

lu1z
09-19-2010, 09:43 PM
It happened once in Pokemon Emerald.

I caught Kyogre after it Rested back to full health with a NetBall woot. And Groudon was caught with a GreatBall at the second try.

For me those are the two most easy to catch Legends but oh god FR/LG Moltres is a ***** to catch :dazed:

CaRdIaC
09-20-2010, 02:13 AM
That only happened to me once. It was in Firered and I was having such a hard time trying to catch Moltres. I had to restart the game I think 5 times before that for varies reasons. So on the 6th try I was so pissed at it I just threw a poke ball at the very beginning and it caught it. I was so mad....

Dino
09-20-2010, 02:43 AM
That sorta happened to me, in Soul Silver.
I got the Soul Dew, and then Latias.
I kept throwing ball after ball tried using different ones, mainly Love or Dusk because nothing else even made a click. I had to restart several times and try again because I ran out of balls.

Then as a filler for yawn I threw a ultra ball and it caught it.

MoonKit
09-20-2010, 03:07 AM
Well, when I caught my Lugia in Hg it was at what, 10 Hp, I threw half of my Ultra balls, nothing. I threw a Heal ball. Nothing. I threw my friggin Primere ball! Nothing still...And I was looking at Pokeball stats or whatevs, I was stupid and threw a Great ball, the LAST one I had.
Wobble, wobble.
wtf? It's not suposed to do that.
Wobble wobble.
Oh god, is it going to go Click?
Wobble wobble.
Inpossible, but cool.
CLICK! Congrats, Lugia was cought!
OMG I CAUGHT A FRIGGIN LUGIA WITH A GREA BALL OMG!
My jaw dropped, too. I mean, he was Parelized from a Discharge of my Lanturn, Inocou. I was using Ho-Oh, who had only 2 Hp left. And all the sudden, this happened. I didn't even save before catching it. I mean, I didn't have to restart, this was the first time I ever found him.

GallantlyGlaceon
09-20-2010, 03:11 AM
A few years ago, on my Diamond, the first time I ran into Uxie, I immediately threw a PokeBall at it and caught it :3

scubasteveE
09-20-2010, 05:28 AM
I remember on pokemon blue I caught zapdos with a pokeball, but there's rumors that a pokeball has a higher catch rate when trying to catch zapdos in the red, blue, and yellow.

Also, Darkrai. At full health, I just randomly threw a luxuary ball at for God knows what reason, and *click* I caught it >_>

Gokudera-Kun
09-20-2010, 05:38 AM
I remember on pokemon blue I caught zapdos with a pokeball, but there's rumors that a pokeball has a higher catch rate when trying to catch zapdos in the red, blue, and yellow.

Also, Darkrai. At full health, I just randomly threw a luxuary ball at for God knows what reason, and *click* I caught it >_>
Mine was Darkrai too.

Things were bad, Darkrai was just too fast, and kept sleeping(and sweeping) all of my Pokemon. Eventually, it came down to just me, 3 Pokeballs, a sleeping Rotom, and one Nightmare Darkrai. Long story short, those 3 Pokeballs dropped to 1, and my Rotom's full health was dropped down within the range of Bad Dreams' kill-range. I tossed my last Pokeball, ready to soft reset, and the son of the devil clicked. If I hadn't of blown off 20 Ultra Balls, 5 Great Balls, 2 Dusk Balls, and 3 Pokeballs, I would've just restarted because I had used 20 Ultra Balls, 5 Great Balls, 2 Dusk Balls, and 3 Pokeballs.

MoonKit
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I think, somehow, the normal Pokeball has a higher catch rate than an Ultra ball, and that Great ball is still in it's place for second. No third, because Master balls are Ulta-catch.

Elecii
09-21-2010, 04:51 PM
I caught a Moltres on Leaf Green (I think) and it was only the second pokeball I'd thrown, after I'd restarted it once because I couldn't catch it the first time. And it was a normal Pokeball as well.

It's weird how most hard catches are with the basic pokeball.

I tried catching Uxie, and the closest I got was with a normal pokeball.

Dark Moonlight
09-21-2010, 06:43 PM
I was in the Safari Zone, faced with a Bibarel who are so hard to catch and chucked a Safari Ball, goodness knows why.

Wobble wobble.
Okay, it always does that to torment me. Lol.

Wobble wobble.
:O

Wobble wobble.
Okay, just extreme luck, it'll burst open.

CLICK
You are not serious.

Master Groudon
09-21-2010, 07:29 PM
in my pokemon fire red, i caught every single legendary with a pokeball..... on the 2nd try...... thats crazy. as forSS, i caught lugia with a great ball on the first try. thats beyond crazy.

MoonKit
09-22-2010, 02:42 AM
Beyond crazy would be catching Ho-Oh with a Pokeball next.

In Platinum, I was stupid and caught a normal Pokemon with a Master ball. I was so flippin tired of it opening from the Pokeball, so I just threw it.

Dark Moonlight
09-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Beyond crazy would be catching Ho-Oh with a Pokeball next.

In Platinum, I was stupid and caught a normal Pokemon with a Master ball. I was so flippin tired of it opening from the Pokeball, so I just threw it.
What Pokémon was it?

EDIT: It happened to me.. I was beating Rotom and his HP was about 10HP. My Staravia was at 1HP. Luxury Ball. Only one wobble. Ultra Ball. No wobbles. Great Ball. No wobbles. Poké Ball.. wobble. Omg.. wobble. :O wobble. WTF. CLICK. WHAT THE HELL

Speed-X
09-22-2010, 08:24 PM
in my pokemon fire red, i caught every single legendary with a pokeball..... on the 2nd try...... thats crazy. as forSS, i caught lugia with a great ball on the first try. thats beyond crazy.
That is indeed beyond crazy. XD

Poké Ball.. wobble. Omg.. wobble. :O wobble. WTF. CLICK. WHAT THE HELL
So, so true, my friend. XD

It's so weird how this type of crapola happens to just about all of us occasionally. Hell, I caught a Kyogre with a Great Ball on Sapphire, but it wasn't really anything impressive...I mean, it was on, like, the 5th restart (restarted everytime Sceptile fainted--I was only 10 back then, so I was a bit unsure on how half of all the crap in the games worked at all. XD), therefore being the millionth Great Ball.

Now, what's really stupefying is just being able to throw every single other Pokeball with a higher catch rate--just to find out it doesn't work--then, throw a Pokeball and *click*! POKEMON was caught! ._.
Even more bizarre when you can just throw the regular Pokeball at like, a legendary with a full HP bar (preferably the throw being the first thing you do during the entire battle) for instance (with a very low catch rate, unlike Shaymin and whatnot--I mean, like, somewhere near just a measly 3.), only to find out it works like a charm. I'm referring to Scuba's situation, here. XD

Cobalt Shadow
10-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I cloned my master ball in emerald and migrate about 50 to my pearl. when I got Soulsilver, I sent about 10 Over and caught dogs with that lol

MoonKit
10-06-2010, 02:31 PM
I cloned my master ball in emerald and migrate about 50 to my pearl. when I got Soulsilver, I sent about 10 Over and caught dogs with that lol

Dude, this is, sadly, not surprising. Almost nothing gets out of a Master Ball. It is usually Great balls and Poke balls that they get out from.
@ Dm:
It was Metitite or something like that. I think it was it's Evo.

Disco
10-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I caught Giratina with a Pokéball, due to me having HORRIBLE aim and missing the Quick Ball. To this day I still don't understand how it happened.

Gaia
10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Happened to me once on Emerald. Caught a Rayquaza at half of its health with a Pokeball for, what, the 4-5th time?

Sometimes I doubt the "more powerful" Pokeballs, really. XD

Rival Silver
10-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Captured every pokemon besides the runners (Latios, Latias, Raikou, Entei, etc.) with great balls since Rayquaza back in emerald. Normally 1/2+ hp and no status condition. Don't know, don't care. Win for me.

Shreyas
10-08-2010, 04:42 AM
Actually... this is not too uncommon, I actually caught my Groudon in a Poke Ball and it is harder to catch,

Trent Reznor
11-03-2010, 12:09 AM
In Emerald, I caught Kyogre with a Poke Ball on the first try. It was so cool and surprising. (However, I did restart the game after previously killing it.)

Judgmental Arceus
11-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I catch all my pokemon with whatever balls i happen to have. So far i have a regirock in a timer ball, a registeel in an ultra ball, and a regice in a premier ball. All the runners I own are in random balls. I wasted my only master ball on Giratina because I didnt feel like bothering wasting my time on weaking it and putting it to sleep.

dj-tiny
11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
when go to catch pokemon i go and use ultra blall then great ball then pokeball which wobbles more than the rest

Shiny Gardevoir
11-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Naw... I got none that I know of...
But there's someone who once said capturing a legendary (forgot which one) with full hp with just one Pokeball O_O.