PDA

View Full Version : Best Team Levels for Platinum

Dark Moonlight
09-22-2010, 07:08 PM
What are the best team levels to defeat a Gym Leader? Like I need some good levels for killing Mr. Wake. His Gyarados pwned all my team. :/

I think for Fantina, some good team levels would be 34-36. But good would be 37+.

CaRdIaC
09-22-2010, 08:51 PM
For me I try to have all my pokemon at least 2 levels higher than the highest level that the gym leader has if not more. And if you have any electric poke's then the Gyarados shouldn't be a problem

Dark Moonlight
09-23-2010, 06:15 AM
For me I try to have all my pokemon at least 2 levels higher than the highest level that the gym leader has if not more. And if you have any electric poke's then the Gyarados shouldn't be a problem
I do but it was Lv 30 and taken out so quickly... That's why I'm training IT mostly.

MoonKit
09-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Well, I know I chose a Fire starter, but the rest of my team was about like 30-40.

Any levels for Gardinia with a Water Starter, and a Ghastly that knows Curse?

CaRdIaC
09-25-2010, 04:16 PM
What is your electric pokemon? You should have a setup pokemon that know leer or something like that so when your electric poke comes in it can take it down easily.

Dark Moonlight
09-25-2010, 07:13 PM
What is your electric pokemon? You should have a setup pokemon that know leer or something like that so when your electric poke comes in it can take it down easily.
I use Luxray, Lv 34. She has her own Leer, and no other PokÚs know that. But I can use a Grass-type to use a Sand-Attack... And Tokyo, try leveling your water starter up until it learns an ice move or non-water move. Search your TMs. Train. And for Gastly, give it some other moves and take it to about Level 20.

MoonKit
09-26-2010, 12:03 AM
I use Luxray, Lv 34. She has her own Leer, and no other PokÚs know that. But I can use a Grass-type to use a Sand-Attack... And Tokyo, try leveling your water starter up until it learns an ice move or non-water move. Search your TMs. Train. And for Gastly, give it some other moves and take it to about Level 20.

It already has Peck and Bide, Peck is Supereffective, and Bide gets it down to about half Hp. Then it usually kills me. Anyway, I'm going to see if any of my Tm's will work on anyone. Thank goodness, I just got a Bug Pokemon.

EDIT: Should I teach Primplup Return? I think it really likes it's trainer.

Dark Moonlight
09-26-2010, 07:50 AM
It already has Peck and Bide, Peck is Supereffective, and Bide gets it down to about half Hp. Then it usually kills me. Anyway, I'm going to see if any of my Tm's will work on anyone. Thank goodness, I just got a Bug Pokemon.

EDIT: Should I teach Primplup Return? I think it really likes it's trainer.
Your starter usually will be great friends with you, so yeah, teach it Return.