PDA

View Full Version : Pe2k and Bulbagarden SPRITE WARS!

MoonKit
09-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Well, I was thinking, with the help of Neo-Pikachu of Pe2k, we might be able to have a Sprite War between the two sites!

Welcome one and all to the first annual Sprite Wars between Bulbagarden and Pe2k!

Here are the rules.
1.) No flaming will be allowed. Only any type of criticism.
2.) Please, make a sprite fitting the theme given.
3.) If you fail to abide to these rules, you will be disqualified for one theme.
4.) The teams will have ranks. The ranks are;
Judges: Whom must be from the opposing team.
Spriters: Those whom make the sprites to be judged.
Specific: People only participating in one or two of the themes.
Outlaw: One whom is only here to cheer a team on, and watch.

Specific rank rules;
Judges
1.) Judges must be from the other team.
2.) You must not try to lower or higher one team's score for no reason. Doing so will make you become either a spriter or an outlaw.

Spriters and Specific
1.) You shall do the theme given. If you do not understand, Pm me and I will explain.
2.) No stealing sprites. Doing so will get you disqualified for the whole thing, and reported to a Mod. You won't get to be an Outlaw.

Outlaws
1.) You don't score anyone. You may give crits, but nothing else.

On to the Judging panel.
JUDGES ONLY.

Shading: ??/30
Skill: ??/30
Recolor: ??/30
Overall: ??/90
You can change the ?? to any number within 30 or 90, depending on what one you are scoring at the time.

So, If you would like to join, here is what you shall fill in.

Username:
Spriting Exp:

Etymology
09-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Username: BlueJello
Spriting Exp: 3 Years

Dark Moonlight
09-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Has this been approved? It's what we always ask. I think this is a bit of a crazy idea...

Name: Dark Moonlight
Spriting Exp.: 1 year

Master Groudon
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Username: Master Groudon
Spriting Exp: 2 Months.

MoonKit
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Like I said in the first post, I asked Neo.
Both approved. And thank you, Dm. I am just crazy like that (But it wasn't truely my idea, I just said if Pe2k and Bulbagarden were in a Sprite War, we would win, and Ms actually gave me the idea).

Master Groudon
09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Like I said in the first post, I asked Neo.
Both approved. And thank you, Dm. I am just crazy like that (But it wasn't truely my idea, I just said if Pe2k and Bulbagarden were in a Sprite War, we would win, and Ms actually gave me the idea).

wait.... 3 people made requests. which 2? *Groudon scratches head*

Micro
09-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Username: Hitmon Fighter
Spriting Exp: 1 year.

07hillmic
09-23-2010, 04:37 PM
Username: 07hillmic
Spriting Exp: about 3 years(maybe more)

Speed-X
09-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Ich bin Speed-X / Sarah, und ich möchte dieser Wettbeweb beitreten, bitte.
(I'm joining.)
I have had over 5 years experience...of not wasting my time on crapola. With, of course, the exception of a couple months, nut nonetheless.

And how about having judges from a third party, instead?

Dark Moonlight
09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Ich bin Speed-X / Sarah, und ich möchte dieser Wettbeweb beitreten, bitte.
(I'm joining.)
I have had over 5 years experience...of not wasting my time on crapola. With, of course, the exception of a couple months, nut nonetheless.
Tokyo, you must let Speed in because she is pure awesomeness in Flygon-licking-camera form.

Disco
09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Username: Disco
Spriting Experience: Six years.

BTW: Happy Birthday, Speed.

Speed-X
09-23-2010, 05:35 PM
DM, you're silly. XD

And thank you, Disco. ^^

Gaygar rocks
09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
hey i am licking too
and it is a pikachu

oh my lord i am rhyming
my specialty for me is my timing

I will support PE2K always with my work
and Bulbagarden were i also am active will meet my beserk

my name is Gaygar rocks By the Way
and my experience is not that gay

its almost 3/4 a year
it is not that long but that doesnt matter my dear.

This was my saying, goodbye
and i am irritated by a mediterranean fruit fly

EDIT:
Oh my God i forgot
i did spriting 2 years ago a lot.

and for my information
bulbagarden is working at my irritation

they wont do it because of a stupid
they think it is gonna blow your peanut.

it is closed there by evkl he is named
but i think he si the one who needs to be blaimed

that was my message for this post
and i am still irritated by that fruit fly the most

Dark Moonlight
09-23-2010, 06:17 PM
My dear, that is good rhyming
And excellent timing
You joined at the heart
Yet you just didn't pierce it with a dart
Your introduction was good
And hold my tongue I would
If I wasn't so happy
I wouldn't have thrown out my last nappy

(Weird, random poem)

pokejava
09-23-2010, 10:06 PM
oh wow, that is weird dm... lol...
Username: pokejava (call me PJ)
Spriting Exp: about 2 months

TorterraMagic101
09-23-2010, 10:51 PM
UserName: TorterraMagic101 (Magic)
Exp: Almost half a year, who knows?
Let's show 'em how we PE2K'ers sprite!

Dhjona
09-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Username: Dhjona
Exp: Over 3 year

Besides, how exactly are we gonna do this (yeah, I read the rules)? When the theme is known everybody makes a theme related sprite and there will be a selection and the 5(?) best will be send in?

QuestionablyRoyal
09-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Okay then,

Username: QuestionablyRoyal
Spriting Experience: Around 5 years....
I'm not proud of that.

MoonKit
09-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Everyone is accepted.

And Speed, I was thinking of the third party being Tsr, but I'm not so sure. Trust me, I would never have Retypes as a theme unless I would need to.

And the judge could be a spriter, too if they wanted. *Looks willingly at Speed*

Dhjona, The five with the best scores (I will score some so the Judge doesn't need to score so many) will be chosen, and they will each be watched for their own team. I'm going over to Bulbagarden to see how many entrants we have.

And omfg I'm a Pikachu O.o

EDIT; I'm so sorry. Bulbagarden peoples are chicken, so they locked the thread. I'm so sorry you had to do that useless post for nothing. I posted a rant on there about it, if you wanted to read it.

Speed-X
09-24-2010, 12:45 AM
NO Tokyo, BAD. XD Not TSR. They would reject us to no end; that is, unless you were to make us submit every entry as being required to be 100% custom. Hmm...you COULD try some people from DeviantART who aren't active members on either forums, though, or some people on the "The Cave of Dragonflies" message board, who also would count as a "third party," using the criteria mentioned shortly ago.

However, perhaps I'm being a bit too picky, but when picking judges, we should really make sure they know what the hell they're talking about, and/or are generally skilled in the art area in general (It would help greatly if they specialized in pixel art, but it would help just fine if they specialized in any other type of art that does NOT include using renders and photographs and the like.)

...Wait. They chicken-sh****d out? Wow. O_o;

FiragaShark
09-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Everyone is accepted.

And Speed, I was thinking of the third party being Tsr, but I'm not so sure. Trust me, I would never have Retypes as a theme unless I would need to.

And the judge could be a spriter, too if they wanted. *Looks willingly at Speed*

Dhjona, The five with the best scores (I will score some so the Judge doesn't need to score so many) will be chosen, and they will each be watched for their own team. I'm going over to Bulbagarden to see how many entrants we have.

EDIT; I'm so sorry. Bulbagarden peoples are chicken, so they locked the thread. I'm so sorry you had to do that useless post for nothing. I posted a rant on there about it, if you wanted to read it.

Wait, so it's canceled? I got super excited for nothing!

AiedailEclipsed
09-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi! I'm a mod on Bulbagarden. If you'd like to do something like this... wild idea: ask the people in charge. You can't just post a thread out of the blue, and expect it to happen.

Now, if you'd really like to do this, by all means, contact one of the art mods over there and see if you can get clearance for it.

MoonKit
09-24-2010, 02:23 AM
NO Tokyo, BAD. XD Not TSR. They would reject us to no end; that is, unless you were to make us submit every entry as being required to be 100% custom. Hmm...you COULD try some people from DeviantART who aren't active members on either forums, though, or some people on the "The Cave of Dragonflies" message board, who also would count as a "third party," using the criteria mentioned shortly ago.

However, perhaps I'm being a bit too picky, but when picking judges, we should really make sure they know what the hell they're talking about, and/or are generally skilled in the art area in general (It would help greatly if they specialized in pixel art, but it would help just fine if they specialized in any other type of art that does NOT include using renders and photographs and the like.)

...Wait. They chicken-sh****d out? Wow. O_o;

I have no idea who to ask. It might be a better idea for you to ask around.

Wait, so it's canceled? I got super excited for nothing!

It probably would be, but it might not. Speed might as well save the day...unless those weirdo chickens from Bulbagarden end up closing the thread, even after I ask whoever. God, they have pissed me off to the full end. I might as well call it the stupidest site ever made, although it isn't in size 7 font, a font for two-year-olds.

Hi! I'm a mod on Bulbagarden. If you'd like to do something like this... wild idea: ask the people in charge. You can't just post a thread out of the blue, and expect it to happen.

Now, if you'd really like to do this, by all means, contact one of the art mods over there and see if you can get clearance for it.

I'm sorry, but before posting that you are a nod somewhere other then here, Give some proof.

Speed-X
09-24-2010, 03:41 AM
I'm sorry, but before posting that you are a nod somewhere other then here, Give some proof.
He/she sounds pretty serious about what they're saying...why must you need proof for everything? =_=

And besides, moderator or not, he/she has a point. It would probably help to PM a moderator on Bulba about the contest and discuss it out with them rather than just making it pop up of of nowhere.

Dark Moonlight
09-24-2010, 07:01 AM
He/she sounds pretty serious about what they're saying...why must you need proof for everything? =_=

And besides, moderator or not, he/she has a point. It would probably help to PM a moderator on Bulba about the contest and discuss it out with them rather than just making it pop up of of nowhere.
I second this. Do you need proof that I'm a girl now? Eh? (That was a stupid question XD)

Team_Edward019
09-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Too bad do0dss this sounded pretty orsum....why don't we ask serebii? I mean....as far as I know they've got a great art thread and have heaps of pixel artists :oops:

Master Groudon
09-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Everyone is accepted.

MEGA ULTRA SUPER SONIC FAIL!!!!! *Groudon roars*

Gaygar rocks
09-24-2010, 10:47 AM
i dont know but i said it already in my beloved poem lol noone has read my poem:susp:

but dont draw conclusions that they are chikens but maybe we should discuss with bulbagarden about it like speed (i think) said

Speed-X
09-24-2010, 12:35 PM
i dont know but i said it already in my beloved poem lol noone has read my poem:susp:

but dont draw conclusions that they are chikens but maybe we should discuss with bulbagarden about it like speed (i think) said
XD
I said that for the most part. At first I was all, "omglolwtf" but then I thought, "oh. I see just where they're coming from now."

PokePlayer
09-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Username: PokePlayer
Spriting Exp: 3-4 Years

Master Groudon
09-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Username: PokePlayer
Spriting Exp: 3-4 Years

i dont mean to correct you but, bulbagarden has "forfited".

MoonKit
09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm not going back and asking the Mods. The mods there hate me, and would alwayse say no. And whoever does, try not to include my name.

And Dm, you would sort of need a bit of proof. I mean, they can't just come in here and go;

Hi, im a mod on Bulbagarden!

I mean, sereously. That sounds like a five-year-old I know trying to get attention.

Either way, if no one asks some mod on Bulbagarden, this thing is over. I'm still sorry that you probably just waisted five or so seconds of your live signing up.

Etymology
09-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm not going back and asking the Mods. The mods there hate me, and would alwayse say no. And whoever does, try not to include my name.

And Dm, you would sort of need a bit of proof. I mean, they can't just come in here and go;

I mean, sereously. That sounds like a five-year-old I know trying to get attention.

Either way, if no one asks some mod on Bulbagarden, this thing is over. I'm still sorry that you probably just waisted five or so seconds of your live signing up.

Jeez, that is the mod. Seriously, you should have a bit more faith in people.

And before you go around throwing accusations, why don't you go through his posts? Most of them have proof that he is a mod on Bulbagarden; the fact he helped organise the URPG for Bulbagarden is proof enough. That and the fact I've talked to him several times in many different FFAs over AIM.

Disco
09-24-2010, 03:47 PM

Relax, Kit. :I Breathe.

The person, whether they be a mod or not, never asked you to ask them from their account in this forum. If any other case, they probably meant for you to go to Bulbagarden and ask for any art mod there. This, in my opinion, sounds like proper moderator behaviour, simply for leading you back to their actual forum, to do things officially.

If you knew they hated you, then you should've asked someone to help you set up the entire thing yourself- but I have a feeling they don't hate you. If they did, a mod would not come here to correct you, nor show you the proper procedure- they would've ignored you altogether.

You have a very specific way of making everything sound like a threat. Please calm down. It's not such a big deal- just ask any of us to pop the question by PM.
We're not babbling idiots, honey. Please have a little more faith in us as well.

Neo Emolga
09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Hmm, hopefully I could be of some help. I'm not a spriter, but we did help get a two-forum RP organized between GTS+ and us, so could could use the same approach. I would try asking a mod anyway, if they have one specific for their sprite section. Even if "they don't like you," they honestly shouldn't get annoyed over a civil request, as long as you're polite and patient about it.

Also, if you need to refer them to me, the mod who approved the idea, let them contact me and maybe I can help work things out between them and me. And I know Harry pretty well and he's a major BMG advocate who would greatly support this idea (he's really big on forum networking by the way), so we can try that approach as well.

But don't give up on this idea, its a good one and it would be great to see it in action for some fun competition.

Male Snorunt
09-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Username: Male Snorunt
Experience: A little over three years.

EDIT: Lawlz, this was my idea. I never get any credit. T~T

But if Bulbagarden has graciously declined our offer, what's to stop us from finding a new opponent? :3

And no offense, but Kitty (May I call you kitty?), you need to stop taking everything as an insult. Nobody on pe2k is out to get you. (except maybe retro.)

Dark Moonlight
09-24-2010, 04:29 PM
RIGHT! I have had ENOUGH! Tokyokit, any reasonable art mod wouldn't decline. But if they do, you can always ask one of us to ask.

Male Snorunt
09-24-2010, 04:33 PM
RIGHT! I have had ENOUGH! Tokyokit, any reasonable art mod wouldn't decline. But if they do, you can always ask one of us to ask.

Yes, we've all got each others' backs here... Even if we don't all neccesarily like each other...

But anyway, this war will help unite pe2k!

Speed-X
09-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Yes, we've all got each others' backs here... Even if we don't all neccesarily like each other...

But anyway, this war will help unite pe2k!
Hahaha, yes, it will...through communitycondlict-hardships, and...--*stabb'd*

Nonetheless, I second what pretty much everyone has said, here.

MoonKit
09-24-2010, 11:19 PM
To anyone who posted; I'm still canseling it. They have all infracted me for verry little over no reason, one blaming me for SPAMing when I never started it, I am no longer setting a post on Bulbagarden. Someone else can continue this, but not me.

Speed-X
09-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Was the infraction for that post in the Dragon sprite contest thread?

I'm pretty sure the moderator merely gave everyone a warning (which is less than an infraction). That is...unless you got an actual infraction? I'm a bit confused.

MoonKit
09-25-2010, 01:34 AM
Was the infraction for that post in the Dragon sprite contest thread?

I'm pretty sure the moderator merely gave everyone a warning (which is less than an infraction). That is...unless you got an actual infraction? I'm a bit confused.

Yeah, it was on the Dragon thing. I got semi infracted for 'flaming' and I got a four point infraction for SPAM when I was meerly trying to get that weirdo to stop.

Dark Moonlight
09-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Yeah, it was on the Dragon thing. I got semi infracted for 'flaming' and I got a four point infraction for SPAM when I was meerly trying to get that weirdo to stop.
Umm... that has nothing to do with the sprite war. And you can always get one of us to ask instead of you, you're not going to be flamed if someone else asks.

MoonKit
09-25-2010, 01:04 PM
I actually did that a few pages back ~•~

Neo Emolga
09-25-2010, 01:40 PM
To anyone who posted; I'm still canseling it. They have all infracted me for verry little over no reason, one blaming me for SPAMing when I never started it, I am no longer setting a post on Bulbagarden. Someone else can continue this, but not me.

An infraction is really not that big of a deal. A temp ban, yeah, that's a little more serious, but infractions are actually pretty common really.

But if you changed your mind because of Bulbagarden's community, that's a whole different issue. To be honest, I've never really been fond of that community either, if this is in fact the case. I had a situation where one person asked me if he could host an old RP I created over there while still giving me credit, and the RP mod banned him thinking he stole it, assuming the wrong thing before he even asked me.

So if this is the problem, there are other Pokemon forums out there that could be competed with. Why not look into one of the others?

Speed-X
09-25-2010, 02:41 PM
An infraction is really not that big of a deal. A temp ban, yeah, that's a little more serious, but infractions are actually pretty common really.

But if you changed your mind because of Bulbagarden's community, that's a whole different issue. To be honest, I've never really been fond of that community either, if this is in fact the case. I had a situation where one person asked me if he could host an old RP I created over there while still giving me credit, and the RP mod banned him thinking he stole it, assuming the wrong thing before he even asked me.

So if this is the problem, there are other Pokemon forums out there that could be competed with. Why not look into one of the others?
^ This.
I am pretty okay with the Bulbagarden community, but...like Neo, I am, so far, not very fond of certain fields of it, even though that I do have a few friends there. I mean, just like there are here, there's some pretty cool people there. :3

Maybe, if we're talking about using a different community, we could try out Serebii? (wtf, Serbia. XD Stupid T9 on my phone.)

AiedailEclipsed
09-25-2010, 04:21 PM
To be fair, that person had a history with you and your RPs... But in the end we fixed everything up.

While I'm not even going to go into the reasons for you infractions (you can PM me, and I'll explain all of them) in public, none of those influence our perceptions of you until you do something childish like that blog regarding this.

Now, if you'd like to try again and see if we can work together to help (and just a piece of advice, don't call it a "war" that really brings about the wrong image), please PM one of our art mods or Evan, the head admin.

Male Snorunt
09-25-2010, 08:29 PM

Yes. |3 And if you don't want to start it against another one, I call dibs on declaring war. Whoever has an idea on who to declare war on, just PM me who you want to declare war on and why.

MoonKit
09-25-2010, 08:44 PM
I guess Ms is leader of it, then.

Male Snorunt
09-25-2010, 09:15 PM
I guess MS is leader of it, then.

Thankiew. (You don't mind, do you...?)

Now the question remaining is if we should keep trying for Bulbagarden, or to figure out who we should declare war on?