PDA

View Full Version : Big bang debate

Tamer Marco
04-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Everyone has different ideas on the big bang. Did it really happen? Or is it just a myth from crazy scientists? You the people be the judge.

plasmaball3000
04-06-2004, 03:39 PM
I don't pretend to be an expert in any way about any of this stuff, but it seems to me that the universe has been expanding, and the big bang seems as good a theory as any. Of course, I think that this theory has as much chance of being false an any other, but it's something to keep people happy.

Seven
04-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Well, truth is: nobody knows, and nobody will ever know.
I think it happenend like the Big Bang theory describes, more or less anyway. But where the first particles came from, I have no idea.

Meh, no one was there, so nobody knows for sure. THough I don't think it's relevant to know anyway...

Crimson Spider
04-09-2004, 02:49 AM
Well, in all consideration there was something that might be classified as an explosion eminating from a certain point of existance that spread all matter and existance that we know of in an outward fasion. We just don't know what caused it.

Tamer Marco
04-09-2004, 03:18 AM
I don't belive it. If it was true the matter would explode and cool down. But once the earth was born it was filled with volcano's and massive destruction. But then, how did the animals kingdom get here. Did the slimy humans and animals crawl out from the farthest reaches of earth? I think not. Sure it may sound convincing but if you think hard it's simple.

1) Chaos can't bring beauty.
2) If there was such a thing why aren't there more planets in our solar system? Some have over millions.
3) You can't deny it you've seen the U.F.O's and everything. But where did they come from too?
4) If the big bang truly exists then we would have planets slowly forming out of the blue from left over cosmic gases and dust. We've had telescopes for since the 1600's from Galiaeo (SP?) and there's no way that we couldn't have spotted it already.
5)Okay what about stars. Either a lot of stars can burn forever or i'm crazy. I belive that earth was much hotter than any star and if that's true half of the stars in the Universe should of burnt out.

If you have any objections just say them and don't flame me, okay.

EDIT: I can belive pangea and things but not a big bang.

Psycho Mew
04-09-2004, 04:08 AM
I support the Big Bang Theory, though it is not probably 100% accurate, it may partially describe how our Universe formed. If the matter in the Universe is constantly expanding, that probably means the all the matter, if you go backwards in time billions of years, started in an original location and suddenly started expanding because of an explosion or imbalance of force.

But then, how did the animals kingdom get here. Did the slimy humans and animals crawl out from the farthest reaches of earth?
Evolution. All life started from simple organisms formed from chemicals in the Earth's atmosphere, and eventually grew in size, becoming non-microscopic. In the future, the life became more complex.

Chaos can't bring beauty.

Imagine you're a fish in the Pacific Ocean. You're swimming to where you and your friends call the "big mountain" and you're swimming around with them, playing hide and seek around the green plants growing around there. Then all of a sudden, BAM! An explosion happens. You and your friends are killed, and lava forms an island. Then the lava cools and years and years later, plants begin to grow on the island. Eventually, what forms is a tropical island. Isn't that beauty?

Either a lot of stars can burn forever or i'm crazy.

Stars (and our sun) do not burn, but the energy/heat is created rather by a process called nuclear fusion. But if they did burn, like you said, the stars would only last for a couple thousand or million years.

Note: I am not flaming, just stating my own opinion. :biggrin:

Kenny_C.002
04-09-2004, 05:31 AM
According to Einstein, the unvierse is either expanding or contracting (he deleted this idea from his mind). The scientists now, with their super telescopes, have a clear idea that the universe is cubic/rectagular prismic, which only the expansion/contraction law can apply to it.

The opposite argument would be "why not it contracting?". The answer is: we don't know. It's either expanding or contracting. We don't know at what point it will expand or at what point it will contract. It is still going to be difficult to explain it IF we know when it's expanding or contracting. We know about this as little as we knew about black holes.

Tamer Marco
04-14-2004, 12:09 AM
I belive it's contracting. Because even if it was expanding plenty of black holes are out there and they suck up matter faster than it can be created.

Although, there's a 100% percent chance i'm wrong because if it is expanding black holes suck up everything and from my knowledge they get bigger but can't move as they please.

Synod
04-14-2004, 12:30 AM
I believe in the big bang theory and all of the topics that relate to it (Evolution and such). If you think about it, it comes down to what you believe. I'd like to see the day when religion and science can agree upon something.

Kenny_C.002
04-14-2004, 03:28 AM
Actually, black holes are dense matter in which light cannot escape. So if it's contracting, there should be more black holes? I don't know see...

masaki
04-15-2004, 06:58 AM
Well, truth is: nobody knows, and nobody will ever know.
I think it happenend like the Big Bang theory describes, more or less anyway. But where the first particles came from, I have no idea.

Meh, no one was there, so nobody knows for sure. THough I don't think it's relevant to know anyway...

They may find out some day. But I expect they won't because they haven't found out yet. And probably wont find out while I'm alive.

Pichu
04-16-2004, 08:46 PM
IMO, I think that that theory is reaaaaly overrated.......I mean all of the sudden there was this huge explosion and every planet, and every thing was created?? I mean common thats pretty hard to believe :rolleyes:

masaki
04-17-2004, 01:17 AM
IMO, I think that that theory is reaaaaly overrated.......I mean all of the sudden there was this huge explosion and every planet, and every thing was created?? I mean common thats pretty hard to believe :rolleyes:
Well I think it is very possible that a huge explosion for whatever reason could blow a huge ball of rock into pieces that slowly became planets or something. But I don't know how planets are round. Did they erode(sp?)

Seven
04-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Well I think it is very possible that a huge explosion for whatever reason could blow a huge ball of rock into pieces that slowly became planets or something. But I don't know how planets are round. Did they erode(sp?)

About the Big Bang theory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_bang

About the forming of stars: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star

About planets: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet

Most important quote:

Planets are thought to form from the collapsing nebula that a planet's star formed out of, aggregating from gas and dust that orbits the protostar in a dense protostellar disk before the star's core ignites and its solar wind blows the remaining material away.

Oh, and planets are round due to gravity.

You could also look at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/origins/bigbang/index.shtml

I think this site reads a bit easier than the other ones.

Pichu
04-18-2004, 02:07 AM
Well I think it is very possible that a huge explosion for whatever reason could blow a huge ball of rock into pieces that slowly became planets or something. But I don't know how planets are round. Did they erode(sp?) Then I want to know how that ball of rock got there in the first place :rolleyes:

Seven
04-18-2004, 07:46 PM
Then I want to know how that ball of rock got there in the first place :rolleyes:

Read the sites then :rolleyes:

ghettoblaster732
04-24-2004, 04:55 AM
Look, this is what I think, which is pretty much what everyone thinks, the Big Bang. Based on what I've read, it was caused by a prymary atom that exploded, I don't know how it got there or how it exploded, no one knows. The explosion created a lot of matter ( dust and other particles ) which were pushed away from the place where it exploded, leaving all nebulas ready to form stars and planets. The explosion was so immense, it's still in effect, scientists have noticed that the galaxies are moving away from each other, crushing all chances of contraction. For now, that is all we know, and the Big Bang theory is the most accurate. Now how the atom got there in the first place, we don't know, and most people choose to base its existence on religion, like it was created by God, which is my belief.

Bashaamo
04-25-2004, 05:19 PM
The big ban theory boggles my mind to the max. It makes since if we knew where the big bang matter came from?

But if the universe is indeed expanding, what is it expanding into???? A large room? A massive rubbermade container? Is it possible to exit the universe? Why couldn't there be other universes? Wouldn't it just have been as easy not to have a universe? And thats not the half of the questions!

You see this theory proposes an answer to one question. But it opens up a can of worms of other questions. I challenge one to answer those? Maybe science will be able to someday.

-Bash

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Is it me or does everything has its opposite. What Death is to Life, is a black hole to the Big Bang. Maybe a black hole is only a baby Big Bang, which is eating matter until its "full" and then starts to "trow up". Maybe a black hole get's sooo big it swallows everything in its reach and then starts to devaor it self and when that happens, say hello to the new Big Bang.

I can't prove this.... :sweat:

Bashaamo
04-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Is it me or does everything has its opposite. What Death is to Life, is a black hole to the Big Bang. Maybe a black hole is only a baby Big Bang, which is eating matter until its "full" and then starts to "trow up". Maybe a black hole get's sooo big it swallows everything in its reach and then starts to devaor it self and when that happens, say hello to the new Big Bang.

I can't prove this.... :sweat:

That does make certain since, that the mechanism would have to charge up before it explodes (which I think the Big Bang theory is partially about). But where did the first "food" and "consumer" come from?

-Bash

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-25-2004, 06:59 PM
That does make certain since, that the mechanism would have to charge up before it explodes (which I think the Big Bang theory is partially about). But where did the first "food" and "consumer" come from?

-Bash

I think I'm going to the Allmighty side of this.

But none the less I think we found a error in Einsteins relativity theory. If what I suggested is true and what you are asking. then it had to come from nowhere and that means energy can be made and lost.

Seven
04-25-2004, 07:19 PM

But none the less I think we found a error in Einsteins relativity theory.

o_O;
I doubt you'd find an error that fast in this theory, while hundreds of people who studied for it have tried for years. But meh, we'll know for sure, because Einstein's theory is going to be tested by NASA.

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/solarsystem/f_gpb-parts.html

^^;.

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-25-2004, 08:37 PM
What are you calling fast... Some theories are proved false in less then 89 years.
There are still theories which may be proved false in the future, so just learn them now and forget them later.

Seven
04-25-2004, 09:10 PM
What are you calling fast... Some theories are proved false in less then 89 years.
There are still theories which may be proved false in the future, so just learn them now and forget them later.

Meh, I meant that yourconlcusion was concluded really fast. Without real research I mean. But I dunno, maybe you did a whole bunch of research ^^;.

Bashaamo
04-25-2004, 09:43 PM

But none the less I think we found a error in Einsteins relativity theory. If what I suggested is true and what you are asking. then it had to come from nowhere and that means energy can be made and lost.

Yes maybe it can be created from nothing. Or maybe the universe is actually a big fake place and nothing actually exists at all and existence is some cruel joke. How do I know that I'm not the only one that exists and that everyone esle is not real :goofy:

-Bash

I'm kidding...

DaRkUmBrEoN
04-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Meh, I meant that yourconlcusion was concluded really fast. Without real research I mean. But I dunno, maybe you did a whole bunch of research ^^;.

No research, just used my peanut-sized brain. :goofy: :razz: