PDA

View Full Version : Previous generation evolutions

Male Snorunt
10-15-2010, 10:24 PM
To those of you who have actually played the game- which of the 1-4 gen pokemon actually evolve in the new one?

I know Tauros, Luvdisc, and Pachirisu do, but who else?

Etymology
10-15-2010, 10:43 PM
To those of you who have actually played the game- which of the 1-4 gen pokemon actually evolve in the new one?

I know Tauros, Luvdisc, and Pachirisu do, but who else?

Actually, the three you mentioned don't. In fact, none of them do. No Pokemon from previous generations evolve into 5th gen Pokemon. Alongside that, no Pokemon before the 5th gen got a pre-evolution. All Pokemon are entirely different evolutionairy chains.

Male Snorunt
10-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Actually, the three you mentioned don't. In fact, none of them do. No Pokemon from previous generations evolve into 5th gen Pokemon. Alongside that, no Pokemon before the 5th gen got a pre-evolution. All Pokemon are entirely different evolutionairy chains.
Have you actually played the games, or are you basing this off of info from a website? Because it may be that they simply haven't updated them.

Etymology
10-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Have you actually played the games, or are you basing this off of info from a website? Because it may be that they simply haven't updated them.

I've played White, and several sources (including Serebii, Bulbapedia and Marilland) state this.

Poke Power
10-16-2010, 12:23 AM
BlueJello is right. When I saw those pokemon for the first time I thought they were evos.
Seriously why do they look like evos they should think about it confusing people?

Male Snorunt
10-16-2010, 12:45 AM
B-but... Emonga! ;^;

Anyway, that really does suck. I know everyone looks forward to new e/devolutions, so that's a bit of bad marketing.

Delibird needs an evo, Lapras needs an evo, Luvdisc and Corsola definitely need to evolve, the list goes on.

But NOTHING?!? Come on... T^T

Etymology
10-16-2010, 08:56 AM
B-but... Emonga! ;^;

Anyway, that really does suck. I know everyone looks forward to new e/devolutions, so that's a bit of bad marketing.

Delibird needs an evo, Lapras needs an evo, Luvdisc and Corsola definitely need to evolve, the list goes on.

But NOTHING?!? Come on... T^T

The Game Designers were trying to base Isshu Pokemon around the theme of Biodiversity.

Animals in certain places have certain niches to fill in their environment. The best example would be an animal in a country (Madagascar, I think, but I'm not certain) that has many different subspecies, and each of these subspecies looks like a certain animal in another country. These animals have subspecies that look like hedgehogs, mice, shrews and other rodents.

If Luvdisc doesn't exist in Isshu, then another Pokemon has to fill in the role that it once filled. This'd be Mamanbou. Same with Pachirisu and Emonga. Bare in mind Isshu is stated to be far far away from the other regions.

I think it was a good idea. Last generation brought too many evolutions and a lack of original Pokemon.

Think of it this way. Pachirisu and Emonga. If we compare this to the real world, we'd have two seperate squirrel species, that may or may not look like each other, but rooting back to the same common ancestor (if you believe in real world evolution, that is).

Male Snorunt
10-16-2010, 03:17 PM
The Game Designers were trying to base Isshu Pokemon around the theme of Biodiversity.

Animals in certain places have certain niches to fill in their environment. The best example would be an animal in a country (Madagascar, I think, but I'm not certain) that has many different subspecies, and each of these subspecies looks like a certain animal in another country. These animals have subspecies that look like hedgehogs, mice, shrews and other rodents.

If Luvdisc doesn't exist in Isshu, then another Pokemon has to fill in the role that it once filled. This'd be Mamanbou. Same with Pachirisu and Emonga. Bare in mind Isshu is stated to be far far away from the other regions.

I think it was a good idea. Last generation brought too many evolutions and a lack of original Pokemon.

Think of it this way. Pachirisu and Emonga. If we compare this to the real world, we'd have two seperate squirrel species, that may or may not look like each other, but rooting back to the same common ancestor (if you believe in real world evolution, that is).

I do not believe in evolution. (Or just about anything science 'proves') but that is a very good point. Though, I do wish they would have made e/prevos, I guess I'll have to live with it.

Question is answered, thread can be locked.

Mr420
10-16-2010, 05:15 PM
I do not believe in evolution. (Or just about anything science 'proves') .

so E doesnt = mc2 ?.?.? :sad:

Tasteless
10-16-2010, 05:43 PM

Also your body doesn't gain energy by using glucose, proteins, or stored fats to manufacture adenosine triphosphate and electron carriers. :sad:

Skylands
10-16-2010, 05:52 PM
They're related in the same sense that Plusle and Minun are related to Pikachu, IMO.

Etymology
10-16-2010, 06:04 PM

Also your body doesn't gain energy by using glucose, proteins, or stored fats to manufacture adenosine triphosphate and electron carriers. :sad:

When Male Snorunt said "anything science 'proves'" I think he was being sarcastic (hence the apostrophes over proves), as evolution hasn't been proven. Hence why it is called 'the theory of evolution'. Same with the theory of gravity.

This thread shouldn't be turned into a 'religion vs science' thread, so let's move on.

They're related in the same sense that Plusle and Minun are related to Pikachu, IMO.

This was an excellent analogy. Far better than my chunky explanation. xD

Lord Fedora
10-16-2010, 06:21 PM
When Male Snorunt said "anything science 'proves'" I think he was being sarcastic (hence the apostrophes over proves), as evolution hasn't been proven. Hence why it is called 'the theory of evolution'. Same with the theory of gravity.

This thread shouldn't be turned into a 'religion vs science' thread, so let's move on.

This was an excellent analogy. Far better than my chunky explanation. xD
The common mistake that scientific theory is the same as other kinds of theories. Scientific theories have in fact been proven (although btw, there is no "theory" of gravity, it's the law of gravity), but have not been directly tested enough to yet be called a law. That's off topic though. The reason for no new evos was not biodiversity imo, but because they simply wanted an entirely new region of entirely new Pokemon, which having evos and prevos for would kind of ruin.

Etymology
10-16-2010, 06:53 PM
The common mistake that scientific theory is the same as other kinds of theories. Scientific theories have in fact been proven (although btw, there is no "theory" of gravity, it's the law of gravity), but have not been directly tested enough to yet be called a law. That's off topic though. The reason for no new evos was not biodiversity imo, but because they simply wanted an entirely new region of entirely new Pokemon, which having evos and prevos for would kind of ruin.

^^; I was explaining why some Pokemon looked similar to others in my post, not why there are no pre/evolutions. I should have made that clear.

Rival Silver
10-16-2010, 07:07 PM
If anything needs a evolved form it'd be Dunsparce.

But he's pretty epic being weak, so im fine if nothing happens.

Etymology
10-16-2010, 07:14 PM
If anything needs a evolved form it'd be Dunsparce.

But he's pretty epic being weak, so im fine if nothing happens.

I think an evolution would ruin Dunsparce.

People wouldn't get the same "**** yeah, I'm using Dunsparce!" feeling if it had an evolved form. And personally, I think Dunsparce is fine as it is right now.